Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SegWit and Altcoin  (Read 1829 times)
blockDoc

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:01:53 PM

I tihnk Most new Altcoins are adding SegWit for Hype and for the short term price hike that comes with it ..
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:28:08 PM

cool story bro

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

I don't know how complicated is to implement SegWit, and what are downsides but i know for sure that this won't be promised land for everybody, same was with anon coins, then pegged coins. People love hysteria couse it is good for earning.
DenDanny

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:02:34 AM

NAVcoin will begin signaling Segwit on May 1st.

They also have a great team of developers and interesting projects going on, check it out. Smiley

I checked on their website and it looks this is a promising crypto-currency. However, I looked at their roadmap and didn't see anything mentioning about the SegWit thing. Can you point me out to any article that says about signaling SegWit activation?

Edit: NVM, I already saw it in there Ann thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.22400. I'll just have to check it out.

Segwit voting is now at about 85% in the last 800 blocks. At this speed, NAV Coin will lock in Segwit in a couple of days.

http://navcoin.org/segwit/
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:44:28 AM

Segwit voting is now at about 85% in the last 800 blocks. At this speed, NAV Coin will lock in Segwit in a couple of days.

My first thoughts were they will surprise us with completely new anonymous code or something, but not with this. I suppose now is too late to jumps on this wagon? I remember time when Nav was dumped to 50sat, who would say?
DenDanny

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:29:36 AM

My first thoughts were they will surprise us with completely new anonymous code or something, but not with this. I suppose now is too late to jumps on this wagon? I remember time when Nav was dumped to 50sat, who would say?

I think there is still a lot of room to grow, NAV has a great team and they have some interesting projects going on. Besides that, I expect a price jump when Segwit will be officially locked in.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:39:18 AM

Now that Ltc is on his way to successfully  implement segwit.
Im asking my self is there are other coins that are planning to do the same, for now i Just know VIA.
any hints?
I think The altcoins that are planning implementation segwit on their altcoins must wait up to the litecoin is successful
because not all of the altcoins needs segwit be activated on their altcoins,
the developers of altcoins must see what will happen to litecoin before they adopt segwit on their altcoins and
 it is not just about the price of altcoins but the growing of the coin.
arbitrage

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:51:16 AM

I think The altcoins that are planning implementation segwit on their altcoins must wait up to the litecoin is successful
the developers of altcoins must see what will happen to litecoin before they adopt segwit on their altcoins and
I think only first few coin which are fast enough will enjoy pump, all the rest will lost their precious time. Now is the time for starting creating something new, while everybody rush's to integarete SegWith..This is crypto and when you are first, you are victorious..
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:55:00 PM

I think only first few coin which are fast enough will enjoy pump, all the rest will lost their precious time. Now is the time for starting creating something new, while everybody rush's to integarete SegWith..This is crypto and when you are first, you are victorious..

But the problem is that alt-coins do not have the same problem as bitcoin has, which is the max block size limit. So I don't know what all the hype with alt-coins implementing Segwit. Will they really benefit from Segwit implementation? Maybe you are right, developers of other alt coins are just simply riding all the hype about Segwit and adopting it so that the price of each alt coins should rise and pump by investors.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:40:12 PM

I think there is still a lot of room to grow, NAV has a great team and they have some interesting projects going on. Besides that, I expect a price jump when Segwit will be officially locked in.
im with you on this one, def looks like segwit will be locked in a few days, the devs are active, they just released a raspberry pi stakebox, I still think there is time to get in, I expect a double in price over the next couple months or so.  

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:36:06 PM

I believe that only LTC faces the same restrictions that BTC has. And it's good that is this way, because the new coins should be different, and not just a BTC copy. An altcoin must propose a different approach to the issues that BTC is facing right now and solve it to be a relevant solution.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
arbitrage

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:38:31 AM

How many problems will be when someone with "less knowledge" implements this in successful coin, how this can destroy an coin overnight, when bug appears. Who know what else can happen i wouldn't hurry with this integration anyway.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: