Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly delivers | Shipping of our BitForce SC ASIC as begun!  (Read 6728 times)
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:15:48 PM

upon login a full screen pop-up where you click cancel or accept.

Hmmm...I didn't get that. My order status says "Processing" so I think I'm ok. Their communication could have been more clear. Oh well...just as long as I get it Smiley

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geremia

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 11:23:44 PM

I ordered this month, and I didn't receive this email. Perhaps it doesn't apply to me?

Ordered this month ...lol

Good luck order 60,001

At his swarm of locusts estimated 400 per day output which is a load of balony as they have used all the chips and would be lucky to get 10 a day if they had any chips

You will get your unit in 27 years ...Cheesy

Think about it ... I am sorry for your loss ...lol
And if you never order, you'll get yours in ∞ years…

BTC tip jar | my BTC wiki, BTC StackExchange | Tox ID: 65C3E8810738AD9D175234808FCB317A1103632903436203D45411AE97C03F54C34861AB6663
Join Kraken. | The best, free book on Bitcoin: Mastering Bitcoin
Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:34:19 AM

If you ordered in the last month or so, there's no need to confirm.

My orders were from September 2012.

Try a diff browser? What does it say under your order? Should say either processing or awaiting confirmation.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Geremia

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:43:48 AM

I am sorry for your loss
I have no loss. My credit card company might, though…

BTC tip jar | my BTC wiki, BTC StackExchange | Tox ID: 65C3E8810738AD9D175234808FCB317A1103632903436203D45411AE97C03F54C34861AB6663
Join Kraken. | The best, free book on Bitcoin: Mastering Bitcoin
Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:02:37 AM

U only have 90 days to do a charge back so be careful of your dates Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:04:51 AM

No, shipping has not begun.

BFL just sent you a nice letter with lots of yadda yadda. The interesting part is this here:

"Please be advised that [1]due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to [2]review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded. "

They did this because of legal reasons - to be on the save side:
[1] They screwed up power and performance, so they want to get your OK.
[2] They screwed up shipment dates - and know that it will take a long, long time before your units will be shipped - and difficulty will have sky rocketed and you only make a fraction of the Bitcoins that you would have made had BFL shipped on time. They want to get your OK for that too.

Basically it's like a blank check for BFL: "OK we screwed up big time but you have to sign here XXX and confirm that this is still OK with you".

Not that some of you guys come up with the idea of suing them ...  Wink

Wake up, people!
They're doing this not because they are such a customer-friendly company - they are doing this for a reason.

Yes. It looks like good news but it isn't saying anything new. We know they've shipped a small number of Jalas. They don't claim to have shipped any Singles, or even say when they expect to.

If you read it carefully you'll see it is actually asking you to amend the contract of sale. If you do, you are not only agreeing to the changed specs, but you are effectively waiving your right to cancel as the time of shipping is not a term of the contract. So if it takes BFL twice as long to ship as you think it will you are stuck.

+1 Let the BUYER BEWARE!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:30:03 PM

No, shipping has not begun.

BFL just sent you a nice letter with lots of yadda yadda. The interesting part is this here:

"Please be advised that [1]due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to [2]review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded. "

They did this because of legal reasons - to be on the save side:
[1] They screwed up power and performance, so they want to get your OK.
[2] They screwed up shipment dates - and know that it will take a long, long time before your units will be shipped - and difficulty will have sky rocketed and you only make a fraction of the Bitcoins that you would have made had BFL shipped on time. They want to get your OK for that too.

Basically it's like a blank check for BFL: "OK we screwed up big time but you have to sign here XXX and confirm that this is still OK with you".

Not that some of you guys come up with the idea of suing them ...  Wink

Wake up, people!
They're doing this not because they are such a customer-friendly company - they are doing this for a reason.

Yes. It looks like good news but it isn't saying anything new. We know they've shipped a small number of Jalas. They don't claim to have shipped any Singles, or even say when they expect to.

If you read it carefully you'll see it is actually asking you to amend the contract of sale. If you do, you are not only agreeing to the changed specs, but you are effectively waiving your right to cancel as the time of shipping is not a term of the contract. So if it takes BFL twice as long to ship as you think it will you are stuck.

+1 Let the BUYER BEWARE!

+2 Be careful guys.  I assume most of you who waited this long WANT your miner.  What I would do is email or send them certified mail saying you accept but only as long as you get it by XX date otherwise you want a refund.  That way you protect yourself a little, legally, from waiving everything and then they can make you wait another 6 months or whatever.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄