Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie getting into Avalon Group Buy  (Read 947 times)
stannum (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:43:26 PM

Does anyone know what it would take for a newbie to get into the Avalon group buy?  It seems like after one post I can PM the guy in charge.

Relatively new to this whole bitcoin world, but enjoy playing with new technology.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:44:49 PM

Does anyone know what it would take for a newbie to get into the Avalon group buy?  It seems like after one post I can PM the guy in charge.

Relatively new to this whole bitcoin world, but enjoy playing with new technology.

You got it, PM someone who's in charge.  Be safe though, don't just send BTC to anyone... make sure you're confident you will get money back.
stannum (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:50:21 PM

You sound hesitant about the whole thing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0 was the buy in particular I was thinking about joining.

It seems like ASICs in general are kind of a gamble.  Either way, I'm not going to throw enough money at this to screw me over if something does go wrong.

Thanks for your reply, up to two posts!
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:37:21 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0 was the buy in particular I was thinking about joining.

It seems like ASICs in general are kind of a gamble.  Either way, I'm not going to throw enough money at this to screw me over if something does go wrong.

It sounds like you understand this isn't a gold rush anymore.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:45:53 PM

My advice is always hesitate to trust people on the forums here.

Would you know what to do with the chips if you got them?  I think a lot of people are buying and won't really know what to do.
stannum (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:01:39 PM

My advice is always hesitate to trust people on the forums here.

Would you know what to do with the chips if you got them?  I think a lot of people are buying and won't really know what to do.

Valid, and yes, I'm an electrical engineer.  I want the chips to play with them more than actually try to make money.  It's a novel application and it's always fun to sharpen skills.  For what my gaming computer made up in BTC in a couple of weeks I'm more than happy to give up to play with new toys.

Thanks for the concern and heads up, I'll certainly be wary.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:09:49 PM

PS: I'm the escrow in charge for that. We're in the last legs of the group buy, so do it fast if you want a part of it.  Wink
Someone is buying up the rest once he gets the coins today.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Oh, and the spreadsheet for this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYcEqkgyjc_dGU0VzhHRGpOOUxudWkxdWpDN3RmbFE#gid=0
We're at 61 persons with 1 guy (the number 2) not paying yet. Any funds that come in before his will cause his part to diminish though.
stannum (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:15:31 PM

PS: I'm the escrow in charge for that. We're in the last legs of the group buy, so do it fast if you want a part of it.  Wink

Hey John, thanks for posting here (I've been trying to post in your thread.)

I would like to get 13 of the chips, which should come out to right around 1.1 (I have just a hair more than that from mining)

Do I just send the BTC to you and I get added to the list, or do I need to do anything else?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:27:21 PM

Hey John, thanks for posting here (I've been trying to post in your thread.)

I would like to get 13 of the chips, which should come out to right around 1.1 (I have just a hair more than that from mining)

Do I just send the BTC to you and I get added to the list, or do I need to do anything else?

13 chips would cost 1.07435 according to the calculator, but please remember that there's still a shipping fee from the operator to you unpaid. (as this will depend on how huge the chips are, your location and shipping preference) If that's okay with you, send the amount to the escrow address listed and PM me the txID so I can add you in the list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: