Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp/hazek, can you please help me out here? (order book question)  (Read 1259 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:53:42 PM

I just read that bitstamp posted the following on twitter:

We have disabled live order book updates. We will enable it back as soon as we upgrade our system.

This seems to tie in nicely with the questions raised in this thread in the Service forum (basically: it looks like Bitstamp matches orders that were placed in quick succession "internally", before they can appear in the order book).

Finally, I know (from other posts here) that I'm not the only Bitstamp user who is not entirely happy with the trade interface, mainly that you don't see a live version of the order book and properly updated market price in the buy/sell screen.

So in conclusion, could you perhaps elaborate a bit if Bitstamp is aware of these issues, and if you are planning to resolve them, and how?

Bitstamp is a great exchange, but there's always room for improvement :)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 08:30:53 AM

The reason we disabled the live updating of our order book is straight forward - it consumed to much resources in it's current form which deteriorated the performance of this feature and of the entire site during increased traffic loads.

This is only a temporary measure however as we have plans to replace our socket.io output protocol with a different protocol and we are also in the middle of preparations to significantly improve the capacities of our server. The truth is these solutions require time and we rather shut down a non vital feature than have our entire site suffer until these solutions are implemented.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: