Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 04:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fucked up with my Steemit account, could the password still be retrievable?  (Read 260 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 10:37:19 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 10:52:10 PM by Lethn

Hey guys, I'm willing to offer some payment for this if necessary and I thought this would be a place to ask for help. There was a bit of an emergency today and one of my hard drives decided to start failing, so I did what you do usually, backup your stuff and then install Windows 7 on another drive after formatting. Unfortunately I was extremely stupid and did not check to write down the password of my Steemit account however it was saved on the password manager. Now I can't access the password on the manager despite it restoring when I do a fresh install of chrome but I can in fact log in for some reason through the automated login but it doesn't auto-fill the password because it isn't in the manager so my theory is that the password I need is still in logindata database of the browser.

Since I can't access it in text form myself, I suspect the only option would be to turn to a security expert and see if they can decrypt it for me, I'm willing to fork over some Bitcoin for this I can offer 0.02btc or so immediately and a bit more if I can get access to the account. I tried fiddling with this crap myself but it is just beyond me and I figured it would be much easier asking you guys for help.

By the way, I've been looking around at slightly more complicated methods which involve Python and these seem to be exactly the sort of method I need to get at the password properly.

https://geekswipe.net/technology/computing/swoop-chrome-passwords-decrypt-with-python/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: