Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Ripples at Bitmit!  (Read 3792 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 05:48:40 PM

Joel If I am a new user with a new wallet how do I get my hands on my first XRP?
There will be more giveaways shortly. But you can also post your address somewhere and someone will usually fund it. You can also buy XRP at Bitstamp, bitmit, xrptrader, snowcoin, and a few other places.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rival4653

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:51:55 PM

Joel didn't mean to challenge your trademark .  I'm new just trying to understand all this stuff.
dclark247

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PM

Ahh ok, thanks Joel.
If any fellow bitcoiners would like to help out a newbie:

rNiqGVVMTRu6wF9NvGr2hYU82Xp3TFkJjf

nastygirl (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:56:49 PM

I appreciate the clarifications here made by some, others merely trying to spam my thread by shooting me down for making an honest buck of ripples thats not nice.

But anyways I guarantee you Ripples is the next big thing to be honest. So many of Bitcoin's and Litecoin's flaws have been eliminated with this new architecture. Google it and read up on it, it is quite amazing. Come back if your interested and I'll gladly sell you some on bitmit. I have a huge stockpile at the moment, a large portion which I will definitely keep for the longterm because I truly believe this is the next train to hope on.
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:57:01 PM

Could be, couldn't be who knows.  The way I look at it, is it's free to join and pursue, so why not?  Do you want an invite code? 

need some free ripple to active account Cheesy

LeTanque

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Fortune favors the bold and brave

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:59:46 PM

Why not just sell xrp through the ripple interface?

"It is a mistake to suppose that any technological innovation has a one-sided effect. Every technology is both a burden and a blessing; not either-or, but this-and-that." -Neil Postman Technopoly
1FooDLuTYk782GQNrY7zY1obTc4ceUfj5t
nastygirl (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:01:37 PM

The Ripple interface trading platform is currently closed at the moment, it will open when the program is no longer in beta mode.
kingofmoon

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:05:56 PM

Anyone who wants to be invited just go to my blogg and leave a comment;
http://ripplnforthepeople.blogspot.com/2013/04/rippln-is-going-to-change-your-life.html

Or email me at; adrianklarsson @ gmail. com

so I can send you an invite
rival4653

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Nasty girl or someone else.  Could you please send me some ripples so I can verify?  thankyou  rBGUtsTwJb8T6FxR8zUsjH6WATRmNMFH53
nastygirl (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:20:03 PM

http://ripplnforthepeople.blogspot.com/2013/04/rippln-is-going-to-change-your-life.html

THIS IS RIPPLES NOT RIPPLN. PLEASE YOU ARE PART OF A PONZI SCHEME. GET OUT.
LeTanque

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

No one cares about that MLM garbage.  That's not what ripple is.

"It is a mistake to suppose that any technological innovation has a one-sided effect. Every technology is both a burden and a blessing; not either-or, but this-and-that." -Neil Postman Technopoly
LeTanque

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:27:21 PM

The Ripple interface trading platform is currently closed at the moment, it will open when the program is no longer in beta mode.

I sold XRP for bitcoin earlier this week. Has it recently closed?

EDIT: Just checked, the exchange for XRP/BTC is working.

bitchess

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:25:41 AM

do you guys really think ripple going to be big? There is a company behind this and thats unlike bitcoin, is it?
There are lots of companies behind Bitcoin. Mt Gox, for example, has a huge incentive to see Bitcoin adoption grow.

Could be, couldn't be who knows.  The way I look at it, is it's free to join and pursue, so why not?  Do you want an invite code? 
What?!

I am very skeptical about Ripple, the difference is that the company OpenCoin owns the supply of it.  They are giving them away on this forum to try to enter the market that has been created by Bitcoin.  You need to be able to trust OpenCoin if you are going to store your wealth in Ripples.  How does one trust an corporation that is designed to make it's investor's wealthy?

No central entity owns the supply of Bitcoin. 
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:27:41 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 01:42:37 AM by JoelKatz

I am very skeptical about Ripple, the difference is that the company OpenCoin owns the supply of it.  They are giving them away on this forum to try to enter the market that has been created by Bitcoin.  You need to be able to trust OpenCoin if you are going to store your wealth in Ripples.  How does one trust an corporation that is designed to make it's investor's wealthy?
Don't store your wealth in Ripples then. Use Ripple as a payment network and currency exchange and store your wealth in whatever currency has the properties you like. I completely agree that there's huge risk associated with using XRP as a currency now. (There's huge risk with Bitcoin too, but that's another story.)

No central entity owns the supply of Bitcoin.
Today, but that was not always true. There was a time when the vast majority of mined Bitcoins were own by those who had been given early access. This may be true of XRP some day or it may not. If you think that's a necessary property for a currency, then don't use XRP as a currency. We're not asking you to. We're promoting Ripple as a payment network.

Satoshi could have kept Bitcoin closed. He could have sold mining contracts. He could have kept the code secret. But he didn't. And because he didn't, his Bitcoins are worth more today than they ever would have been under a closed model. We may be selfish, but we're definitely not stupid.

bitchess

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:43:48 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 01:58:22 AM by bitchess

I am very skeptical about Ripple, the difference is that the company OpenCoin owns the supply of it.  They are giving them away on this forum to try to enter the market that has been created by Bitcoin.  You need to be able to trust OpenCoin if you are going to store your wealth in Ripples.  How does one trust an corporation that is designed to make it's investor's wealthy?
Don't store your wealth in Ripples then. Use Ripple as a payment network and currency exchange and store your wealth in whatever currency has the properties you like. I completely agree that there's huge risk associated with using XRP as a currency now. (There's huge risk with Bitcoin too, but that's another story.)

1) I won't use Ripples because I don't want to undermine BTC.  Decentralized currencies now have a fleeting shot at "making it" and I want to maximize that by supporting the top currency.  I am going with the market leader just like I use Facebook and not Google+.
2) I can convert BTC to USD without going through an intermediary currency that aims to compete with BTC.  
3) Once Paypal adopts BTC, it's over for the Ripple payment system.

If I could offer your company some feedback, please help BTC instead of trying to undermine it.  One place you can help is by going through the paperwork to become a lending facility for BTC.  Become a BTC bank and help deal with the deflationary spiral issue in 2140.
bitchess

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:07:39 AM

There was a time when the vast majority of mined Bitcoins were own by those who had been given early access.

Do you have any link or evidence that somebody was given early access to BTCs?  The way BTC works is you get a reward for each block that's mined.  This is built into the BTC protocol. 

Ripples were created by your Company saying, ok, we start with this number of Ripples.  There is nothing in your protocol that forces you to not change your number.  And also the number by which you destroy Ripples for each transaction.  You have no built in trust whatsoever.  Please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to hear your counterargument.

Satoshi could have kept Bitcoin closed. He could have sold mining contracts. He could have kept the code secret. But he didn't. And because he didn't, his Bitcoins are worth more today than they ever would have been under a closed model. We may be selfish, but we're definitely not stupid.

Are you trying to undermine my trust in myself and my own computer?  Satoshi did not sell mining contracts because he wanted his idea for a virtual currency to succeed.  It is succeeding because it is just an idea & system that depends on its users including me and you.  it's not logical for me to not trust myself.

It is logical for me to not trust your company.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 02:21:31 AM

2) I can convert BTC to USD without going through an intermediary currency that aims to compete with BTC.  
Ripple has direct exchanges between arbitrary currency pairs.

luckerme

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:22:02 AM

I like Ripples. You can also buy them at Bitstamp for .0044 each.  Bitstamp is my favorite Ripple gateway.
bitchess

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:27:19 AM

I like Ripples. You can also buy them at Bitstamp for .0044 each.  Bitstamp is my favorite Ripple gateway.

Why do you like Ripples?  Or are you trying to change the subject?
vega07

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

Ripples are nice because when you send some to another person with a Ripple address, it takes about 1 second not one hour or longer like with Bitcoin.   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: