Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I will use your Genesis affiliate code if you mentor me  (Read 334 times)
mifyalahi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:19:05 AM

Hi,
I am considering using Genesis Mining to mine some cryptocurrencies, especially the privacy-focused altcoins.  I am looking for an experienced miner to collaborate with, i.e. someone I can work together with going forward on technical questions and the allocation between various coins, etc.  In exchange I will use your affiliate code for my purchases.  This can be mutually beneficial as I understand that we both receive discounts / extra hash power when an affiliate code is used.

If you are interested, please tell me why I should partner with you by describing your experience and/or commenting on some of the following questions / observations.  I intend to evaluate responses, discuss, and choose someone to partner with.  Thanks in advance.

- Any comments on the question of mining altcoins vs buying them outright?  I am thinking of mining as the better investment considering that it has a daily yield and possibly a very high ROI.  Are there any possible scenarios where outright purchases could turn out to be better than an investment in mining?  Aside from the obvious cryptocurrency pricing and regulatory risk, are there any specific risks for mining over the next 1 to 2 years?

- Any comments on Genesis vs other cloud mining providers?  Genesis looks like the most established / fully-functional and seems to offer a good selection of coins to mine at reasonable prices.

- I am considering implementing something like an equal-weighted allocation between various altcoins, especially the privacy-focused ones.  Any comments on optimal mining portfolio allocation?

- I have seen the following page related to mining profitability.  Is this page a decent reflection of the relative current profitability of the contracts currently offered through Genesis or does that require more calculation based on Genesis pricing?  Are there any other good resources?
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mifyalahi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:55:00 AM

Thanks for the warning.  I was assuming that mining is always better than simply owning but I guess that Genesis is overcharging and keeping all profits for themselves?  Or the mining business itself is so competitive that only the very best / most cost-efficient can actually profit?  Or some combination of both?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: