Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yep.. BU absolutely definitely possibly maybe ready for prime time..  (Read 3168 times)
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:30:01 PM

Lumping BU and segwit together in that same sentence is a terrible mistake. Segwit has 100x more coders that worked and tested it, and it has been LIVE on testnet for a very long time now, having received 1000s of times more testing than BU has. There is no "rush" with segwit. It was developed slowly and meticulously, and has been audited and tested by many very capable coders. The same can NOT be said about BU.

until last month when gmax found out his going soft approach Luke JR promoted wasnt as soft as he thought because gmax found out only last month that it ran into compatibiliy issues with ASICS that PRE-DATE segwit code.

what is you favourite shitcoin? i can predict that you not hold a single bitcoin.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:39:34 PM

what is you favourite shitcoin? i can predict that you not hold a single bitcoin.

i hold many bitcoin and i gave up trading altcoins in 2014.
my life is now more my own leisure, say and do as i like. my landlord accepts bitcoin. i buy food, travel with bitcoin.

i dont even bother looking at the altcoin sections, to me they are all just pump and dumps.

the only one i consider having hope is from viewing how the blockstream sponsors and partners are finger deep into litecoin and where coinbase with a click of a button can easily flip to allowing hundreds of thousands of merchants accepting litecoin. and the blockstream sponsor cartel and partners (BS, DCG, coinbcase, bitpay, BTCC) all jump over and build on litecoin as their sandbox before moving to hyperledger

with that said i havnt touched litecoin since 2013, where i threw all my litecoin at a giveaway event
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145201.msg1540606#msg1540606

im full in bitcoin. and have my hoard of bitcoin stashed on paper wallets which i have not touched the majority of since 2014, happily living on many coins i didnt cold store which can keep me going for a few years before even caring to look at my cold store

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:41:08 PM

i hold many bitcoin and i gave up trading altcoins in 2014.
my life is now more my own leisure, say and do as i like. my landlord accepts bitcoin. i buy food, travel with bitcoin.

i dont even bother looking at the altcoin sections, to me they are all just pump and dumps.

the only one i consider having hope is from viewing how the blockstream sponsors and partners are finger deep into litecoin and where coinbase with a click of a button can easily flip to allowing hundreds of thousands of merchants accepting litecoin. and the blockstream sponsor cartel and partners (BS, DCG, coinbcase, bitpay, BTCC) all jump over and build on litecoin as their sandbox before moving to hyperledger

but i havnt touched litecoin since 2013, where i threw all my litecoin at a giveaway event
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145201.msg1540606#msg1540606

and if you are like that how is possible to support scammer guys like Roger Ver or miners like Jihan Wu. This guys only want to form a cartel and to control bitcoin.
and i ask this because this guys is altcoin pumpers like Roger Ver with dash etc.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:48:17 PM

and if you are like that how is possible to support scammer guys like Roger Ver or miners like Jihan Wu. This guys only want to form a cartel and to control bitcoin.

your reading reddit stories

1. im for dynamic blocks so that we as a community dont need to beg to devs for them to spoon feed us new block sizes.
meaning users get to change settings themselves at runtime.
meaning no dev control.

do you understand diverse decentralisation.

2. you think the debate is about ver+wu vs blockstream.. no its blockstream dictatorship vs many many implementations and pools saying no. but the redit crowd are just pointing the finger at one direction to try distracting people from looking deeper at blockstream as the culprits
.. remember if you are thinking "but pools shouldnt dictate the rules".. guess what they dont.. only in the blockstream(core) case blockstream BYPASSED node consensus.. .. the pools didnt do anything.. so dont blame pools. (which there are 20+ of no just 1)

3. other implementations are just plodding along waiting for full node and pool (proper symbiotic full network consensus) without threats or violence. without deadlines or deceipt.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

1. im for dynamic blocks so that we as a community dont need to beg to devs for them to spoon feed us new block sizes.
meaning no dev control.

2. you think the debate is about ver+wu vs blockstream.. no its blockstream dictatorship vs many many implementations and pools saying no. but the redit crowd are just pointing the finger at one direction to try distracting people from looking deeper at blockstream as the culprits
.. remember if you are thinking "but pools shouldnt dictate the rules".. guess what they dont.. only in the blockstream(core) case blockstream BYPASSED node consensus.. .. the pools didnt do anything.. so dont blame pools. (which there are 20+ of no just 1)

3. other implementations are just plodding along waiting for full node and pool (proper symbiotic full network consensus) without threats or violence. without deadlines or deceipt.

dynamic blocks as Bu propose give a huge power to miners and the opportunity to them to form a cartel and a kind of Opec for fees in bitcoin. Dont expect anyone to agree so easy in this crap. Miners is here to serve the network and not to govern it.
And why you has this psycho with blockstream? this blockstream developers has maintaine the network an always propose tech solutions to bitcoin and for sure not harm it.
Can i ask you what Roger Ver has done for bitcoin network all of this years?
My answer is MTgox and this community split and division.
Can i ask you what Jihan Wu have done for bitcoin network?
My answer is only to form a cartel and break decentralisation.
If we want bitcoin to be the future payment free payment system then this will not happen with nodes that runs through big datacenters and with a mining cartel that can change consensus rules whenever they want.

Darkbot

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:11:08 PM

meaning no dev control.

dynamic blocks as Bu propose give a huge power to miners and the opportunity to them to form a cartel and a kind of Opec for fees in bitcoin. Dont expect anyone to agree so easy in this crap. Miners is here to serve the network and not to govern it.
And why you has this psycho with blockstream? this blockstream developers has maintaine the network an always propose tech solutions to bitcoin and for sure not harm it.
If we want bitcoin to be the future payment free payment system then this will not happen with nodes that runs through big datacenters and with a mining cartel that can change consensus rules whenever they want.

Do NOT listen to this paid shill Franky1. This guy has been rejected, he is the black sheep ore the ugly duck.
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

this guys has not any logic at all imo.
They talk about decentralisation and the same time they want to break consensus bitcoin system and install a president to Bitcoin.
They talk about control and the same time they want to give a huge power to miners to do whatever and whenever they want.
They talk about anonymity and the same time they want nodes to run only in big datacenters and claims like Roger Ver that many nodes are useless.
Is not lies. Is pure a social attack to bticoin and to its main principles like anonymity-decentralisation.
This is the true. And for that reason i will always try to expose them.

https://sputniknews.com/radio_double_down/201704251052968537-great-block-size-war-2017/

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:40:09 PM

dynamic blocks as Bu propose give a huge power to miners and the opportunity to them to form a cartel and a kind of Opec for fees in bitcoin. Dont expect anyone to agree so easy in this crap.
your reading the reddit scripts not code
Miners is here to serve the network and not to govern it.
i agree and the many dynamic implementations INCLUDING BU are about user nodes having 2 limits.. an upper limit. then below that a preference limit..
pools only move to what the majority accept as a lower limit
EG consensus.h 8mb    then policy.h 1mb-7.9mb . and pools only go to what 75%+ agree on what policy.h agrees with and tells the 25% under that policy preference that their policy preference can gt shifted to align with the other 75%..
EG consensus.h 8mb    then policy.h 75% deem 2mb ok
the ones lingering at 1mb will have thier policy moved to 2mb . or if not dynamic will see they wont sync to the network

dont read the reddit scripts of "gigabytes by midnight" and start thinking rationally and logically

And why you has this psycho with blockstream? this blockstream developers has maintained the network an always propose tech solutions to bitcoin and for sure not harm it.
1. removed priority formulae without replacing it with something better
2. removed reactive fee in low demand and replaced it with average fee to keep fee's up even when demand is low
3. prevented any real network wide onchain growth for the last 2 years with half baked gestures that have no guarantee

again your stuck in the roger vs reddit script. think beyond this.
but google can help you out.
memory dealers,
bitinstant arbitrage system before ripple/liquid,
plus other things.

again all you have rea is the reddit scripts not the whole picture

jihan is only a small part.. definetly not 68% of the pools.. wake up!!
bt jihan has done more for the ASIC community then lets say GHASH or BFL
but you should also research the other pools and asic manufacturers that make up the 86% objecting/abstaning

lol here we go again with the reddit "gigabytes by midnight" rhetoric.. wake up
nodes set their limits and pools follow below the majority. thus is not going to suddenly go jumping to stupid amounts.. if nodes cant handle it the the network doesnt go passed it.
get out of the reddit blockstream best case utopia. anything else worse case doomsday.. atleast start being critical of blockstream if you really want them running it.. dont be an ass kisser.. be the ass whipper and dont hold them on a pedestal, hold them to account

EG 8mb is measured as the 'node can handle' capability this year. (consensus upper limit this year)
and dynamic policy becomes the extra safe preference below that

EG much like satoshi's 1mb consensus and 250k policy in 2009-2011
EG much like satoshi's 1mb consensus and 500k policy in 2011-2013
EG much like satoshi's 1mb consensus and 750k policy in 2013-2015
EG much like satoshi's 1mb consensus and 999k policy in 2015-2017

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:41:42 PM

They talk about decentralisation and the same time they want to break consensus bitcoin system and install a president to Bitcoin.

ADAM BACK - blockstream president

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:42:55 PM

you need a doctor man. and i am serious Tongue

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:46:41 PM

you need a doctor man. and i am serious Tongue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockstream
Company

The company is focused on developing bitcoin applications specifically sidechains, as well as other applications.[2][3] Blockstream has raised $76M to date from investors including Horizons Ventures and Mosaic Ventures.[4] [5][6] Blockstream employs several prominent bitcoin developers, including Adam Back (President, Blockstream), Gregory Maxwell (CTO, Blockstream), Mark Friedenbach (Co-founder, Blockstream), Pieter Wuille (Bitcoin Core developer), Samson Mow (CSO), and Christopher Allen (co-author of IETF Transport Layer Security.[7][8][9] Blockstream is one of the largest contributors of funding for Bitcoin Core.[8]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/time-moon-not-fighting-says-blockstreams-president/
Adam Back, the President of Blockstream – a company which employs or contracts numerous developers of Bitcoin Core, Litecoin and the Lightning Network, including Pieter Wuille, Gregory Maxwell, Christian Decker, Gregory Sanders, Glenn Willen, Warren Togami, Luke Dashjr, Mark Friedenbach, Jonas Nick, Rusty Russell, Patrick Strateman and Jorge Timón – has called for all to “collaborate on a unified coin.”

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:55:26 PM

ok time to test your knowledge.

you seem to really love blockstream.. but lets put blockstream aside and instead deal with the code.
no quoting reddit sales pitches or information of hope, dreams, utopia..

answer this.
1. at code level and real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwit activates.
please dont reply yet. the next question gives you a hint

2. at code level and real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwits keypairs are allowed long after segwit activation.

3. please describe features that are guaranteed features that are not possible without segwit done as a softfork

4. last question.. if segwit was created line for line identical.. no changes at all.. but was wrote by hearne and the R3 crew.. would you still sing segwits glory

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:11:36 PM

ok time to test your knowledge.

you seem to really love blockstream.. but lets put blockstream aside and instead deal with the code.

answer this.
1. at code level and real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwit activates.

2. at code level and real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwits keypairs are allowed long after segwit activation.

3. please describe features that are guaranteed features that are not possible without segwit done as a softfork

4. last question.. if segwit was created line for line identical.. no changes at all.. but was wrote by hearne and the R3 crew.. would you still sing segwits glory

i will answer what we will see if segwit activate and is lighting network, Tumblebit or p2p exchanges, sidechains
We will see all of them isn litecoin very soon.
And i am not a fan boy of blockstream. I dont care who does a good tech proposal and segwit seems to be a very good tested proposal.
For the same reason i am very positive to extension blocks idea but i am very negative to the crap code of BU.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

I dont care who does a good tech proposal and segwit seems to be a very good tested proposal.

tell me what makes segwit a good tech proposal
i edited the questions to be more about end user (not code) this time

deal with the proposal

answer this.
1. at real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwit activates.

2. at real world end user benefit. what can be guaranteed to happen that is network wide and of guaranteed benefit TO ALL when segwits keypairs are allowed long after segwit activation.

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:51:42 PM

the great opportunity for bitcoin to hafve a huge innovation. this are doing this proposal. In other hand bitcoin works fine as it is now and nothing will happen if never scale imo.
Is still very cheap to transfer a huge stake of bitcoin around the world. Even if the price double the fees will be only 1-2$, very cheap for someone that want to transfer some thousand of dollars or for someone to keep his anonymity.
And for sure bitcoin will not be good to buy your coffee. If you want this then you choose a wrong payment system.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:00:47 PM

And for sure bitcoin will not be good to buy your coffee. If you want this then you choose a wrong payment system.

so you went with the "buy coffee" reddit script
(facepalm)

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:02:49 PM

so you went with the "buy coffee" reddit script
(facepalm)

give this facepalm to your beloved boy Roger Ver. He claims that bitcoin is an everyday coffee payment system. I personal see bitcoin as it is. A decentralised payment system to store value and to transfer value around the world without the needing of the banking system.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

give this facepalm to your beloved boy Roger Ver. He claims that bitcoin is an everyday coffee payment system. I personal see bitcoin as it is. A decentralised payment system to store value and to transfer value around the world without the needing of the banking system.

get passed the reddit scripts.

you will find that many are ok with LN as a side service. such as xapo is. such as coinbase, changetip, and shapeshift is.
for the faucet, day trader, gamblers..
but not as a REQUIRED service for all

pools dont give a crap about LN, neither do the other implementations. its reddit scripters insinuating what pools and other implementations want.

again LN as a voluntary side service is acceptable.. but NOT by pushing the fee's up by holding the blocklimit hostage with false promises and removing the reactive fee's to force everyone into permissioned commercial hub services

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:19:14 PM

get passed the reddit scripts.

you will find that many are ok with LN as a side service. such as xapo is. such as coinbase, changetip, and shapeshift is.
for the faucet, day trader, gamblers..
but not as a REQUIRED service for all

pools dont give a crap about LN, neither do the other implementations. its reddit scripters insinuating what pools and other implementations want.

again LN as a voluntary side service is acceptable.. but NOT by pushing the fee's up by holding the blocklimit hostage with false promises and removing the reactive fee's to force everyone into permissioned commercial hub services

and then if anyone agree that micropayments can solved from LN what we need a block size increase? As i say even if bitcoin price double bitcoin is again very cheap,. 1-2$ for fees to transfer money is ridiculous cheap.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:25:42 PM

liar lair lair
there are atleast 2 round tables a year (ofcourse they are closed door meetings by invite only.. where the main devs and their corporate sponsors plan the roadmaps)
Nonsense. I have not lied about anything. Just because your perception of the truth is extremely bent, that doesn't mean that what I said was a lie.

the "independent" devs can only request a bip. but its the main devs paid for by blockstream that are the gate keepers of what gets accepted or not
You don't need a BIP, nor do you need anything adopted by Bitcoin Core either. You need community/industry consensus, and you can release your own client (or Core + patch).

then when it comes to actual code. if gmax or the other paid devs find any reason to nACK a idea.. forget any chance of convincing them otherwise
I've never seen someone make a unbased nACK on something that was actually good.

lauda will you stop wearing the blockstream defender cap, thinking they should own bitcoin. and start wearing a bitcoin cap.
My post has nothing to do with Blockstream. Get a life already, shill.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: