Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus H270-PLUS Motherboard PROBLEM!!!  (Read 796 times)
Flickspeed (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:36:39 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 08:48:06 AM by Flickspeed

Guys I just tried to build a miner on this board and came across quiet a few problems:

1) The biggest one of all is that when CSM is Disabled in Motherboard Bios this motherboard doesn't want to give signal to any bios modded Polaris cards at time of post. Later when Windows 10 boots, suddenly the display turns on, but afterburner is missing voltage control options.
2) When CSM in ON it does post to the modded cards BUT WINDOWS 10 Refuses to boot or even install in this mode either in uefi or non uefi.
3) Seems like the board needs an HDMI dummy in all cases. Couldn't find a workaround.

Please keep in mind, with CSM off and with non modded bios on the polaris cards, the board gives video signal to the cards at post and afterburner has voltage control options in Windows 10.

Please help, my main problem is that I need the lowered voltages at boot. I can still achieve lower voltages from watttool but have to do that manually Sad
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flickspeed (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:47:51 AM

bump.
Flickspeed (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:15:36 PM

3rd bios in the list was the problem, reflashed 1 bios earlier and all problems are gone (windows can now boot in UEFI while CSM mode is enable). No need for a dummy VGA either. Turned out an excellent board for mining so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: