Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i was looking to buy a AntMiner S9 but?  (Read 1379 times)
stevebills (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:35:58 AM

I was about to buy an AntMiner S9 but i have noticed i can buy or build a miner rig with 6 video cards and M/B
then i can mine different coins not just bitcoin like the S9 as the bitcoin is hard to mine
I need advice being a newbie so what should i buy i have 2.5k spare Huh Huh

thx
steve
abeandund

Activity: 124
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:52:23 AM

no one else is playing so i'll offer up my opinion.  In todays state, the short run would dictate punt your money into gpu rig...in the end you could have the bones to a nice magic interweb box and can sell off used gpu's to gamers.  Alt coins seem more profitable on per day payouts, but the global hashrate is starting to grow exponentially just as bitcoin.  Gpu mining is more hands on these days trying to keep up with optimizations and which miner can get you the best profit on the current coin of day.  That being said I would buy a new Antminer.  The antminers are set and forget these days.  Plug it in, set up your pool and failovers and let it run.  They are noisey as hell, produce lots of heat, but are dependable...that is if you get one that works and is not doa.  It's a crap shoot either way.  You won't get rich, but if you mine and hold you might get lucky and recoup your initial costs of miner, power supply and electricity expended.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:18:24 PM

I was about to buy an AntMiner S9 but i have noticed i can buy or build a miner rig with 6 video cards and M/B
then i can mine different coins not just bitcoin like the S9 as the bitcoin is hard to mine
I need advice being a newbie so what should i buy i have 2.5k spare Huh Huh

thx
steve

you are right...
you can mine alt coins with a RIG...
For example you can mine ETH with RX 470 / RX 480 AMD graphics card...
or if you want you can mine coins like burst with a bunch of HDD...
but forget to do BIG MONEY fast&easy

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
stevebills (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

I get free electric at work so my rig will be in my office LoL
So should i build a mining rig VS Altminer S9?
I have about 3K to spend maybe 4k max
I am not trying to get rich I have a business for that LoL

thx
steve
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

thx
steve

S9 is very loud ... +70dB ... you don't want to have it in the office while working.
GPU rig is more versatile but it can happen you'll be mining coin which can crash (not probable but possible)

so I think the rig is better option for you

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:48:39 PM

thx
steve

ahahahah... gooooooooooood job!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
sorry but i ROTFL!!!
and do you think anyone does not notice it?
check out some videos on youtube with audio enabled..
so you can understand better how many loud, are this ASICs!!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: