Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:10:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gnosis  (Read 11341 times)
Crazymoon (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:22:46 AM

Gnosis "CROWD SOURCED WISDOM"

After Poloniex announced that they are going to add gnosis on their twitter it started drama all over. People actually got screwed up for paying 31.25 USD per token, and now adding on an exchanging sites which people gonna dump the price so hard. Also bitmex just announced , also what's been written on reddit

What's your opinion on this?
misterbones

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Trader*Investor

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:27:41 AM

I am going to mega short Gnosis on Bitmex and make some money and then buy gnosis at 1 usd

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:32:05 AM

It's funny how this correlates with the general idea about "wisdom of the crowd" Grin
misterbones

Trader*Investor

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:34:22 AM

What the devs did was locked the supply an gave artificial valuation to the coin with artificial supply .

The purpose of there ico has failed , what they wanted was that there tokens are bought slowly but that did not happen . so it is a LOL

This is a good read

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-ico-irrationality-300-million-gnosis-valuation-sparks-market-concerns/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:35:26 AM

Glad didn't invested....
I knew something was fishy 🐠
ttookk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:38:27 AM

What the devs did was locked the supply an gave artificial valuation to the coin with artificial supply .

The purpose of there ico has failed , what they wanted was that there tokens are bought slowly but that did not happen . so it is a LOL

This is a good read

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-ico-irrationality-300-million-gnosis-valuation-sparks-market-concerns/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The way it was set up fit perfectly in their proposed style of thinking: Let the crowd figure it out. Too bad the crowd was in a black friday mood, apparently.

The only blame I'd have to give to the dev team would be, that they could have given a different entry point, e.g. a  minimum of 50%/70% of all tokens will be distributed.

Apart from that, the crowd decided.

The dev team can't be too happy themselves. Now they sit on 95% tokens which are pretty much worthless.
misterbones

Trader*Investor

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:05:18 AM

The new blood in crypto is made of fools who don't know what they are doing .

VeiweiLo

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:11:20 AM

old coin or new coin dev
candrammm

Activity: 206

research > buy on dip > and HODL

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:12:20 AM

Hopefully this one is not the same fate as the old dead gnosis Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782154.0

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gnosis/
axrhuls

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:13:20 AM

Noobs panic bought, hilarious, GNO is not worth 300 million, its prototype Augur is worth 151 million right now. I hope they will panic dump to 1 usd.  Cheesy
cryptonia

Activity: 340

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:24:55 AM

Why did the developers even leave open the option of this happening?

(a) they are stupid?
(b)they were trying to scam?

What options have I missed?
ttookk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:41:22 AM

(a) they are stupid?

(c)they built a platform which is based on the belief in the wisdom of the crowd, meaning, in an ideal world, the buyers would determine the price by their actions, and they decided to apply this belief in the ICO as well.
cryptonia

Activity: 340

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

(a) they are stupid?

(c)they built a platform which is based on the belief in the wisdom of the crowd, meaning, in an ideal world, the buyers would determine the price by their actions, and they decided to apply this belief in the ICO as well.

Is the platform built on the wisdom of the crowd or on mans propensity to gamble?
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:50:01 AM

I hear about gnosis in icocountdown or simillar side.
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:56:09 AM

This will be super bad for the ICO investors. Starting at like $300 mil market cap ... and it's just not worth it $30 for a token, I don't know why people fell for this but yeh it is what it is. + devs own like 95%, it's just super bad...
d.kevin29

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

As long as there was a Gnosis altcoin that went dead years ago and I can find nothing about it (except news about Polo adding the coin to their exchange), something is fishy for sure and this is just further proof that it is a bad idea to invest in it.

It's a dead coin and nobody will ever revive it. Yes, it will be temporarily revived for a while until the dump comes in and imvestors will not even be able to get 20% of their invested sums. The price goes up and will keep going because of the people panic buying at the moment. When all this "hype" stops, it will be a failure. I will not put a single penny in this coin.
Crazymoon (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:23:27 PM

As long as there was a Gnosis altcoin that went dead years ago and I can find nothing about it (except news about Polo adding the coin to their exchange), something is fishy for sure and this is just further proof that it is a bad idea to invest in it.

It's a dead coin and nobody will ever revive it. Yes, it will be temporarily revived for a while until the dump comes in and imvestors will not even be able to get 20% of their invested sums. The price goes up and will keep going because of the people panic buying at the moment. When all this "hype" stops, it will be a failure. I will not put a single penny in this coin.

This is new Gnosis, that one is completely different from this one.
ttookk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:56:01 PM

(a) they are stupid?

Is the platform built on the wisdom of the crowd or on mans propensity to gamble?

Both. The underlying idea is, that since you want to win, you choose the outcome you believe is most likely to appear, instead of what you hope will happen.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Failures like rational bubbles (stock market bubbles) are also part of the theory. I think we've seen a nice example for that part Smiley.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:56:46 PM

i dont understand the crypto crowd, seems all you have to do is scream ico buy my shit and ure have the opportunity to be rich, and people throw money at ur ass without thinking...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: