Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EHR:475.5Gh/s] Hashrack.com|Hashpacks 0.5Gh as low as 0.25 BTC as fast as 50Gh  (Read 27647 times)
superfry

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:04:01 AM

Gonna keep an eye on this too. Too bad you don't have any hardware up and running right now or else I'd be throwing some btc your way.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:08:03 AM

Same here.

dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:48:47 AM

Can we get a better description of the "giveaway" part?  I'm not sure I understand how that works based on that part of the website.

Seems like you get part way through explaining it, but never finish it?  Might be best to give a complete example of the calculations and how much each person would get.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:22:02 AM

gonna give this a try, will keep everyone updated Smiley
Bandini

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:18:24 AM

I'm interested but not gonna have the monnay until two month
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 11:36:51 AM

mining their pool for nearly 2 hours now, hope that block gets found soon Smiley
howdoin

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:13:26 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 01:34:59 PM by howdoin

Concept is interesting but if you use BFL for your systems can you please clarify a few things:

- if I decided to order a virtual worker then you would place an order with BFL or do you already have pre-orders in ? - you mention in your post having pre-orders but your FAQ says that you place the order only after I place mine >> therefore we could be looking at a 4 months wait between an order placed and the setup of my account with you.

- If you plan on deploying BFL how come your asking price is slightly below what BFL asks for equivalent Ghash Asic?

- Not sure i understand what the little "sun symbol" and percentage is referring to on your hashrack page : 5000 Mhash > 9% - what does the 9% stands for?

>> my 2 cents for now :
- I like the concept (it is basically a hosted solution mixed with a pool - joining the power of my local miners and hosted ones)
- Website looks professional enough despite the few grammatical errors and not working properly on mobile browser (ipad)

- I think what makes most people hesitant, including myself, is that the current total hashrate of the pool is less than one of my GPU rig... A pool is only worth joining once you have enough subscriber, throwing some of your own rigs in there for a start in order to increase hashrate could reassure people that they are not going to mine for weeks/month without any revenue (which is the case now).

Regarding the pool... as I said before, throw some of you own power in there to attract people, nobody is going or sign up for a pool at 800Mhash and I doubt the early adopters are going to stick around too long unless another 1000 people sign up within the next week or so.

I wish you good luck with this but until the BFL are on hands I'll pass, I can understand a few days to a couple weeks wait to have something setup but in current market not going to throw BTC and possibly have to wait 4 months or more until setup.

Will keep an eye on this for now .

>>> EDIT >>>
After posting this I found that you originally opened the pool in February! Still less than 1000Mhash after 3 months - where do you mine Pkarc?
pkarc (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 03:49:52 PM

- if I decided to order a virtual worker then you would place an order with BFL or do you already have pre-orders in ? - you mention in your post having pre-orders but your FAQ says that you place the order only after I place mine >> therefore we could be looking at a 4 months wait between an order placed and the setup of my account with you.

We already have pre-orders, we do this to counteract the times of the manufacturer and deliver the Hashing power you ASAP. The collection phase has estimated times, and these will be shortened over time, in the last 24h we can say that we have passed this stage twice, so we can say that the time we have to wait is about 2-3 days more than the delivery and processing time of the manufacturer.

- If you plan on deploying BFL how come your asking price is slightly below what BFL asks for equivalent Ghash Asic?

We assume the difference, that's the deal, if we go faster is better for you and for us obviously. note that, we ordered in quantity,

- Not sure i understand what the little "sun symbol" and percentage is referring to on your hashrack page : 5000 Mhash > 9% - what does the 9% stands for?

"sun symbol" Discount per Gh/s

Is not the same buy
10units of 0.5Gh/s = 2.22600000BTC

Than buying
1unit of 5GH/s = 2.02610000BTC

There is a difference of ~ 0.1999BTC ~ 26.58USD

Nearly complete for another hashpack of 0.5Gh/s

https://Hashrack.com Advanced and Detailed Bitcoin Mining Pool.
Hashpacks the easy way to mine bitcoins. Learn More: https://Hashrack.com/hashpacks
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:07:23 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 04:28:29 PM by Amph

i can't connect to the pool,  cgminer 3.1 stopped working

ok it is working now
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 08:40:17 PM

Still looking for a better description of the "Giveaway" part.....

Really, not sure I understand it, would like to see a complete description and example that shows how much each person gets.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
arch

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:23:07 PM

@pkarc, where are the ASCI rigs planned to stored? Is it being hosted somewhere?

The idea is good but the only problem here is the wait time to get the ASCI from the manufacturer which can be months to years.
BTW do you have any refund policy, suppose the manufacture delays the product indefinitely and we would like to move out?
HjerterEss

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:26:15 PM

Right, so you don`t actually own any miners yet, you just kinda want people to buy shares of future miners that you have pre ordered or something?

Looking at your pool statistics, the average hashrate is only at 652MH/s. The website looks good though. Good webdesign Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:55:57 PM

it's 3.6gh now
arch

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:03:23 AM

We already have pre-orders, we do this to counteract the times of the manufacturer and deliver the Hashing power you ASAP. The collection phase has estimated times, and these will be shortened over time, in the last 24h we can say that we have passed this stage twice, so we can say that the time we have to wait is about 2-3 days more than the delivery and processing time of the manufacturer.

Would you mind sharing how much hashing power you had already pre-ordered?
pkarc (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 01:50:53 AM

There are ~45Gh/s allready pre-order, and there is a 15Gh/s to order tomorrow morning.

https://Hashrack.com Advanced and Detailed Bitcoin Mining Pool.
Hashpacks the easy way to mine bitcoins. Learn More: https://Hashrack.com/hashpacks
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 05:57:38 AM

A little quirk, possible bug report?

The pool seems to work fine for my miners so long as I use the GBT/Longpoll port.  If I point them at the stratum port, they will work fine for a while, but will then suddenly no longer be able to communicate with it.  If I stop and restart them, they cannot reconnect.  If I then stop them and switch back to the GBT/Longpoll port, they log in just fine.  Once I've done that I can stop them, switch back to Stratum, then start them back up and they'll work fine for a while.  It takes several hours before it happens again.

I'm using CGMiner 2.10.3 on Windows with BitMoose to run it as a service.

(after starting this reply while searching for what version I was running...) Just noticed that CGMiner is up to 3.0.1 for Windows, and there is a mention of a hotfix in that version for people who can't mine with stratum on Windows.  Think it has to do with something that broke in 3.0.0, but I'm going to get it and give it a try for a while on one of my miners.

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:02:38 AM

Definitely need to get to 3.0.1.  There have been a LOT of changes related to stratum for every version of CGMiner since my current version.

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:16:16 AM

Got 3.0.1 running on one miner for now.  Found some quirks in the process.

Seems older CGMiner would automatically use GBT/Longpoll or stratum according to what port it was pointed at.  New one isn't quite the same, as I had to specifically tell it to use stratum+tcp with the host name for the stratum port, otherwise it just sat there saying the pool was dead. Huh

Anyway, got it working now, will let everyone know how it does after a while.

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:56:25 AM

mining at this pool again, i'm afraid it'll take ages to get a block, looking at a possible 0.1 BTC payout now with 158 shares lol Smiley
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:04:36 AM

Anyway, got it working now, will let everyone know how it does after a while.

And I'm still seeing the issue I mentioned above.  Seems something gets stuck on the server side and the stratum connection quits working for that client/login.  Only way to reset it is to change back to http and GBT/Longpoll connection port, get connected once, then switch back to stratum.

One thing I'm wondering, why don't you guys do like other pools do?  When a client connects to the non-stratum port, redirect the client to the stratum port.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: