Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to get my old account back?  (Read 601 times)
andrew24p (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:01:51 PM

My main account, calaber24p,  was hacked about a year ago and I have been trying to get it back since then, but found it near impossible. I have messaged theymos on reddit around 5 times (about once every month) in the last year, but he never responds. Has the forum had any change in ways to help recover my account, or am I still just shit out of luck? I can show the last post I made, I should only have 2 areas where the account was ever accessed ect. Things the person on the account wouldnt know.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:55:53 PM

My main account, calaber24p,  was hacked about a year ago and I have been trying to get it back since then, but found it near impossible. I have messaged theymos on reddit around 5 times (about once every month) in the last year, but he never responds. Has the forum had any change in ways to help recover my account, or am I still just shit out of luck? I can show the last post I made, I should only have 2 areas where the account was ever accessed ect. Things the person on the account wouldnt know.
Why didn't you PM him here???
Check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

btw this kind of topic should be in meta section as well

Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:58:09 PM

You could have found his thread about it in a google search, like I just did (I knew about it before as well).

Theymos is going to be very busy, he's the admin of a biggest forum for a reasonably popular subject.  If you can't do a very simple signed message with an old address associated with the account, there's no reason why he should miss sleep helping you out.

SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:34:50 AM

Q: My account was hacked! What do I do?
A: See this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0. If you don't know how to sign a message, see this thread made by shorena: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Also, remember when PMing the signed message, send it in [code ][/code ] brackets (just without the space at the end). For example,

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

If you don't know how to sign a message and the tutorial mentioned before didn't mention your client, google for some tutorials with terms like: "signing messages with <insert your bitcoin client name here>". For example, "signing messages with bitcoin-qt".

I hope this will help in what situation you are in and also this can help you in your problems regarding the hack of your account again if ever in the future. Might as well check that thread above their are a lot of useful things to be found there and to keep in mind. Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: