Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:25:07 PM

Dude relax, you made your point. You're a thought leader. You seem bright, let's make this a productive place.

How about making suggestions on how to improve the product?

What other ways could Veritaseum provide value to the world?

I have a very hard time giving suggestions on how to improve the product.
Last time I suggested having a FAQ on the website and even such simplistic suggestion was met with oppositions and I had to stand my ground firm.
Eventually, the FAQ got implemented and almost everyone praised Reggie for doing the right thing.
I have no problem if everyone forgets who was the real initiator of doing the FAQ, as long as money can be made.
It's not like my generosity will be appreciated even if given for free, so why fucking bother.
Now someone ask me what other ways to improve Veritaseum, I seriously ask myself why the fuck should I even bother to care.

The FAQ was initially Masiah's idea, it just took time to implement because the site was not a priority at the time, the product was.

Your response to burning tokens was inaccurate, and verbose. You and Veritaseum are the same in regards to the VERI tokens. You are owners. You are both prospective buyers and sellers, but one thing that is true right now is that you are owners.

So, once again, as an owner, will you burn your own inventory?

Your thesis about recycling is academic. We obviously have not recycled your tokens if you are still HODLING them. We can't force you to redeem them, but even if we could we can't control the timing of the redemption.

Think about what would happen if we burned our inventory and then you decide not to redeem your tokens, or even if you do decide to redeem the choose not to redeem at a schedule that matches our need to acquire new customers. We're essentially out of business. Why? Because we foolishly burned out own inventory and revenue potential to satisfy a short sighted view of synthetically (and temporarily) raising the 2nd had price of our software licenses?
Does that sound like prudent business practices to you?

In addition, you defeated your own argument. If you can rent VERI and receive a token stream and your VERI back, you are in effect recycling your token. In and out (plus some) in and out (+ some)... Get it.

Listen! I'm a businessman. Not a short term thinker. I have no problem creating value the old fashioned way, through economic profit. I have no need or desire to burn my inventory to mimic the facade of increased value.
Or put another way, I'll burn my inventory right after you burn your!!!

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buyabit

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:46:12 PM

Thank you Reggie for your appearance on the forum. Hopefully, you will not let a couple of individuals take away your valuable time from moving the company forward.

Onwards and upwards for Veritaseum. I am looking forward to seeing Veritaseum become a market leader in many areas of business over the next number of years.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:41:02 PM

Or put another way, I'll burn my inventory right after you burn your!!!
We may not be burning inventory but I may be lighting cigars with $100 bills after beta release and more deals are announced!

Actually, I would never do that.... who am I fooling?

I don't smoke cigars.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:03:01 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 02:24:31 AM by Dorkie

The FAQ was initially Masiah's idea, it just took time to implement because the site was not a priority at the time, the product was.

At least my hunch was right, that you will mention it was Masiah's idea.

Your thesis about recycling is academic. We obviously have not recycled your tokens if you are still HODLING them. We can't force you to redeem them, but even if we could we can't control the timing of the redemption.

That is completely irrelevant.

Think about what would happen if we burned our inventory and then you decide not to redeem your tokens, or even if you do decide to redeem the choose not to redeem at a schedule that matches our need to acquire new customers. We're essentially out of business. Why? Because we foolishly burned out own inventory and revenue potential to satisfy a short sighted view of synthetically (and temporarily) raising the 2nd had price of our software licenses?
Does that sound like prudent business practices to you?

If your inventory management is based on such business mechanism, then definitely not a prudent business practice to me to burn tokens.
But I don't think the main problem is burning the token.
The problem is you put limitation to your inventory management into requiring redemption as a way of "replenishing stock" to sustain the business.

In addition, you defeated your own argument. If you can rent VERI and receive a token stream and your VERI back, you are in effect recycling your token. In and out (plus some) in and out (+ some)... Get it.

Getting some extra token back in return for renting is not my main concern. My concern is that if you ever manage to sell all your 100 million tokens, that circulating supply will be large enough to cause a significant decline in the price of the token. Assuming if the entire world economy is worth $1 quadrillion, and your 100 million tokens are worth $10 quadrillion in market cap (despite it not security), your market cap would be overvalued by an excess of $9 quadrillion. I agree network effect exists in the increasing adoption and use case of the token itself (excluding price element). But there is no such thing as network effect in this valuation (including price element) as much larger circulating supply would cause a fall in token price in general.

VERI is not a security and never sold as an investment. I know. So you should not refer to the market cap of Veritaseum as if it has one.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:17:24 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 02:33:09 AM by Dorkie

You're right, it must be everyone else in the thread outlining their reasons why they disagree with you, including now the project owner, that are "intellectually bankrupt"

I think you'll find you've just made your first statement that everyone will agree with unanimously, take a bow son.

You are wrong.
The people (not part of the team) that buys the token as an investment proposition and become a total yes-man to everything Reggie says (regardless of right or wrong, doesn't mean he is 100% right or 100% wrong) without their own critical thinking, is who I refer to as intellectually bankrupt.

If you totally agree with everything I say without your own critical thinking from the beginning until now, while I may be flattered with my ego boosted having a total yes-man + ass-kisser follower like you, you would still be intellectually bankrupt to me.

There is no need to drag Reggie into the equation. He is not intellectually bankrupt like some of you guys here.

You know what. Would you believe me if I say I can start making all of you to agree with me unanimously in an instant, and sustain such behavior for a long time?
It's easy.
Just lend support to whatever Reggie says.
If he says no burning token, and I say "Yes, burning token is no good", then you will agree with me.
If he says the token is not a security but the market cap is still referred to, and I say "Yes, the market cap is relevant even though the token is not a security", then you will agree with me.
Get what I mean?

"Son"?
I prefer someone who is wise, not someone who is old.
Unless you are a wise person, it is totally irrelevant to me how old you are.
And how wise you are will be reflected in your behaviors.
ThesisFun

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:27:33 AM

I have multiple Veritaseum domains that I would consider selling or taking part of a project in trade or you could sit on for a few years as Veritaseum evolves.  Veri would be acceptable in trade.
PM me if interested and leave message on this.
Posting here as is relevant to Veritaseum and someone might not see otherwise.
Veritaseum.Exchange
Veritas.Exchange
Veri.exchange
Veri.trade

Dorkie

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:18:41 AM

I have multiple Veritaseum domains that I would consider selling or taking part of a project in trade or you could sit on for a few years as Veritaseum evolves.  Veri would be acceptable in trade.
PM me if interested and leave message on this.
Posting here as is relevant to Veritaseum and someone might not see otherwise.
Veritaseum.Exchange
Veritas.Exchange
Veri.exchange
Veri.trade

Is that not an infringement of copyright/trademark?
buyabit

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:40:21 PM

ThesisFun, I believe Dorkie is correct.

© 2018 Veritaseum, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I could be wrong but I believe that you may have a problem with the use of the Veritaseum name. I bet you thought that you might hit the jackpot by scooping up a few Veritaseum domains? Best of luck to you.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:50:17 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 02:09:41 AM by soulcancer

ThesisFun, I believe Dorkie is correct.

© 2018 Veritaseum, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I could be wrong but I believe that you may have a problem with the use of the Veritaseum name. I bet you thought that you might hit the jackpot by scooping up a few Veritaseum domains? Best of luck to you.

I am a totally disinterested party....just passing through to check out veri for the first time....I may be wrong as well but I don't think he said he was gonna use them...he said he was selling them...there is no copyright or trademark law that forbids him from owning them, and if someone wants them, then he gets to set the price

UPDATE
EDIT: btw, just finished some initial reading and all I can say is I cant believe I missed this...finally something that actually DOES something...I'll wait for the dip I guess...

UPDATE #2
RE-EDIT: just finished watching the interview w/ clif high...now I will definitely be waiting for the dip...in the meantime, i'll go back and check out this ultra-juicy troll war...
I hope theres a lot of it

UPDATE #3  ya...super juicy and lots of it
cryptoknight999121

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:48:12 PM

I am a hodler. Few seem to truly understand the potential of Veritaseum.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

I am a totally disinterested party....just passing through to check out veri for the first time....I may be wrong as well but I don't think he said he was gonna use them...he said he was selling them...there is no copyright or trademark law that forbids him from owning them, and if someone wants them, then he gets to set the price

That's like saying selling firearms to terrorists is legit as long as the seller is not the one doing the firing/killing.

The gullible buyer/buyers stand a chance to get prosecuted.
soulcancer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:22:05 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 02:54:04 PM by soulcancer

That's like saying selling firearms to terrorists is legit as long as the seller is not the one doing the firing/killing.

The gullible buyer/buyers stand a chance to get prosecuted.

I was praying it would be you who answered...I spent the entire night reading your insane paranoid ramblings....thanx for the entertainment....I was thinking that they should rename the thread after you..."how to run a business that doesn't belong to you"...as to your response....I was sorely disappointed....it doesn't even make sense...I was hoping for better...i'll give it a go anyway...under your logic, those who sell domain names must search the entire world for any claim on the words, lest they be prosecuted...damn, computers have come a long way...they can do all that in the few nanoseconds after I click purchase at godaddy?...wow...I await your 6000 word response (w/ updates)
Dorkie

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:19:04 PM

I was praying it would be you who answered...I spent the entire night reading your insane paranoid ramblings....thanx for the entertainment....I was thinking that they should rename the thread after you..."how to run a business that doesn't belong to you"...as to your response....I was sorely disappointed....it doesn't even make sense...I was hoping for better...i'll give it a go anyway...under your logic, those who sell domain names must search the entire world for any claim on the words, lest they be prosecuted...damn, computers have come a long way...they can do all that in the few nanoseconds after I click purchase at godaddy?...wow...I await your 6000 word response (w/ updates)

Reggie said as a token holder of VERI, I am an OWNER. So.....

Nothing makes sense to those that have no sense.
Whether there will be buyer to those domain names is none of my business.

You need to learn to accept contradiction.
And then figure out through reason and logic whether that contradiction is justified and fair.
If you cannot decide if something is fair or otherwise, you should ask questions first, instead of coming into a conclusion right away.
You don't know everything in this world.
Those things that you don't know of, usually makes no sense to you at first.

Update:
Your prayer was answered. But sorry it ain't 6000 words.

Update #2:
If I run a business, and a complete stranger come to me and suggest an idea that will help me make lots more money, I don't care if this stranger is dorky, stupid or idiot, I will accept his suggestion and implement it.
soulcancer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

Reggie said as a token holder of VERI, I am an OWNER. So.....

Nothing makes sense to those that have no sense.
Whether there will be buyer to those domain names is none of my business.

And then figure out through reason and logic whether that contradiction is justified and fair.
If you cannot decide if something is fair or otherwise, you should ask questions first, instead of coming into a conclusion right away.

Update:
Your prayer was answered. But sorry it ain't 6000 words.

Update #2:
If I run a business, and a complete stranger come to me and suggest an idea that will help me make lots more money, I don't care if this stranger is dorky, stupid or idiot, I will accept his suggestion and implement it.

are we forced to assume that this stranger DOES know everything in the world?...and, if you DID run a business, would you be forced to assume that the stranger could not possibly be wrong?...in spite of the fact that you repeatedly told the stranger that you (as the owner) believed he was wrong...how about this....you own veri...I don't...I am a stranger....I am telling you to give me your veri...it will end up being best for both of us....there...now you must agree, or perhaps you should learn to accept contradiction

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:55:39 PM

This guy Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy
buyabit

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:13:54 AM

From Reggie Middleton today:

Veritaseum issued research predicting significant margin calls in the yet to be launched bitcoin futures market. 2 months into trading, we get to boast, "We told you so", as well as  show how we enable investors to gain exposure to BTC via VeADIR.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:21:37 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 03:48:13 AM by Dorkie

are we forced to assume that this stranger DOES know everything in the world?...and, if you DID run a business, would you be forced to assume that the stranger could not possibly be wrong?...in spite of the fact that you repeatedly told the stranger that you (as the owner) believed he was wrong...how about this....you own veri...I don't...I am a stranger....I am telling you to give me your veri...it will end up being best for both of us....there...now you must agree, or perhaps you should learn to accept contradiction

You are not forced to assume.
The stranger could be wrong.
But he could also be right.
I, as a business owner, could be right or wrong.
I never said I am absolutely right.
Most, if not all, people think himself as the smartest or most right, and thus does not listen to feedback.
When I give opinion/suggestion, I have the sincere intention to help make things better.
Reggie said he is not the smartest person in the world, but if he also happen to think there is no one smarter than he is by the way, then he is indirectly implying he is the #1 smartest (i.e. ego, pride, and arrogance).
I am not saying I am smarter than Reggie.
I am saying that we should be humble and open to suggestions and opinions that seek to improve.
And suggestions and opinions should be made reasonably and logically.
If you do not understand me, that is not because I have no reason nor logic; that is because you are somewhat not mature enough yet intellectually.

Update:
Ask yourself why do you agree with everything Reggie says.
Is it because you are as intelligent as Reggie (bravo!)?
Or is it because you are stupid, and so look up to Reggie as a flawless benchmark?
And so end up agreeing to everything he says?
Now I am not saying Reggie is wrong all the way.
So far I understand he is doing everything right and professionally.
But that doesn't mean I have no suggestion to improve things.
And seeing that human nature is such that ego and pride usually stops progress, I tend to habitually force my suggestion thru to a very stuffy ear.

Update #2:
Regardless, I am a flexible man.
If I found out that stuffy ear will remain stuffy forever, I will stop giving anymore suggestion.
And frankly speaking, Reggie has extremely stuffy ear.

Update #3:
It is not hard for me, or you, or a business owner to tell a stranger that he is wrong.
Because ultimately our ego and pride prevail over reason and logic.
The fact that you are "telling me to give you my veri" means you don't really understand, but pretend that you do, which is false.
My suggestion for Reggie to burn unsold token is not the same as giving anyone his token.
His economic return comes from selling the token.
And the token can be sold either in bulk or thru recycling used token.
Bulk purchase may introduce more supply into the circulating, and assuming the supply is fixed, will depress potential price and price gain, which hurts you and me, but does not hurt Reggie.
Recycling used tokens in which Reggie can resell them means the economic profit goes to him, and not to you and me, despite being OWNERS.
Bulk purchase in combo with recycling used token may end up hurting you and me, without any impact on Reggie while he continue to earn his economic profits.
Am I wrong in my analysis?
If so, please educate me, Reggie, the way you would educate your own sons and daughter.
But then he makes sense when he said that the business would not be sustainable if nobody wants redemption.
Thus it may be harmful to burn all unsold token.
And risk may be introduced with the burning of any amount of token.
That's why I also suggested if there is any assurance that tokens obtained through bulk purchase will be used almost immediately for exposure.
Bulk purchase to be used almost immediately means the buyer is the direct end user buying the token for actual use, not for trading nor speculation.
That is to prevent them from being introduced into the circulating supply.
If there is no such assurance in place, then it is still possible that all the 100 mil supply will eventually be sold out and nobody wants redemption.
Which means the business would still not be sustainable.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:05:34 AM

A lot of ICO investors are intellectually bankrupt and I am very confident that includes you too.
There's an old saying...
If you think the whole world is full of idiots, chances are, you're the idiot!

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:22:03 AM

There's an old saying...
If you think the whole world is full of idiots, chances are, you're the idiot!

Too bad for you, I don't see each and every ICO participants as idiots. Hah!
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:05:56 AM

Are we able to rent out our veri coins yet?
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: