Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:54:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟🚀[ANN][04.07] ICO Starta - Cross-Coin Venture capital on the blockchain🌟  (Read 153175 times)
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:40:00 AM

It seem interesting project.

I would like to reserve Vietnamese translation for thread, whitepaper Smiley
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kawasaki5050

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:46:09 AM

I can do Japanese translation in high quality for this project.

Would you accept me ?
christyh

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

I can provide Serbian translation for CrossCoin.

Please send PM If Im get accepted Smiley

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:46:44 AM

hi dev could you reserve for me italian translation, thanks! i know your project it is great
Reserve indonesian translation dev
Portuguese translation reserved.
Hello. Let me reserve the translation of the Russian thread.
Designate the last date for the translation

Hi, we are considering translations for several languages, will contact you if we do.

Reserving Hindi translation. Let me know if accepted.
Done

I can do Greek. Please contact me if you need me. Thank you.

I can do Filipino (Philippines) Translation, please contact me if you need a local thread in Filipino section.  Thank you
ivarp2

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:10:18 PM

Dev, any update?
Josepino

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:16:11 PM

I will watch this project and I hope it's legit to invest here.
This is new project and new idea so Dev needs more detailed plans and promotions for it.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:27:39 PM

Dev, any update?
i think no   Smiley im waiting to maybe Dev busy

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
iCoinSoftware

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:09:01 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 04:32:21 AM by iCoinSoftware

Dev, any update?
i think no   Smiley im waiting to maybe Dev busy

Sorry, it was a really busy week for all of us. We had a private Demo Day in NY. There will be news about this ICO next week.

Here is a video of one of the project that is starting his pre-ico programm soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDEo0_M4rs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1879035.0

Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:10:59 AM

It is clear the guys' intention to collect BTC from some fish is when they announce their fishing net and disappear after a few comments. Roll Eyes
Kairatka (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:04:56 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for belated answers, we've made our preparations for our official ICO campaign.

Working on technical issues, legal side etc.

Anyway, you guys gonna know everything before the official announcements.

I'm happy to share with you a landing page of ICO and social links:

Facebook , Twitter , VK, Telegram

Regards
TonTon

Activity: 532
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:08:44 AM

Hey,

Neat idea. Will wait for the final terms, but so far this does not seem attractive to a crypto holder right now.

You predict 10x exit, which is a bit of an overreach. Your 2014 fund 1 has a TVPI of 2.9. Average angel exit is 2.5x after 5 years of investment*. I will assume that the 2016/2017 batch will have an exit of 2.5x in 2021.

Currently, your SPV is valued at 3 million. By selling 1/3 of the SPV for 1.5 mil, you effectively value the SPV at 4.5 mil. In the average scenario, your fund will be worth 3*2.5 = 7.5 million in 2021. You will return a third of it to the cross-coin investors, or 2.5 mil. Thus, in five years your crosscoin investors will make 2.5/1.5=1.66 return or just 11% year interest rate. You incorporate a token firm in Singapore with no legal obligation to repay anonymous investors. 11% yearly is simply too little interest for such high amount of risk.

Furthermore, your token will be effectively tied to the USD rate in the first year. You collect approximately 1.5 mil worth of Ethereum/Bitcoin, and you need to buy the tokens back. Say you did not sell your ETH or BTC proceeds, and ETH and BTC appreciate in value. Now you can buy back all the tokens at a reduced rate, and still have some crypto's in your wallet.

This project is great for your VC fund - it improves short-term cash flow and reduces your downside risk. For ICO-investors - not so attractive. This is equivalent of investors holding a cash position in USD.

This ICO concept that you propose works great for shares, but not for debt. For individual start-up investments, but not for a portfolio of 21 start-ups. This is why I think it may work well for your startup Suretly. For Suretly, an investors expected return is still 11% per year, but the possible upside is much higher than in a portfolio of 21 start-ups.

*source: https://angelresourceinstitute.org
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:20:34 AM

Just wanted to know the ICO use escrow ? sorry if i missed something here, just reading some of your post and quite interested to see
Kairatka (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:27:02 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 02:23:24 PM by Kairatka

Thanks for your interest, broadband commentary and very good questions!

Neat idea. Will wait for the final terms, but so far this does not seem attractive to a crypto holder right now.

You predict 10x exit, which is a bit of an overreach. Your 2014 fund 1 has a TVPI of 2.9. Average angel exit is 2.5x after 5 years of investment*. I will assume that the 2016/2017 batch will have an exit of 2.5x in 2021.

Currently, your SPV is valued at 3 million. By selling 1/3 of the SPV for 1.5 mil, you effectively value the SPV at 4.5 mil. In the average scenario, your fund will be worth 3*2.5 = 7.5 million in 2021. You will return a third of it to the cross-coin investors, or 2.5 mil. Thus, in five years your crosscoin investors will make 2.5/1.5=1.66 return or just 11% year interest rate. You incorporate a token firm in Singapore with no legal obligation to repay anonymous investors. 11% yearly is simply too little interest for such high amount of risk.

Good estimations, I'd say not very pessimistic, but I either can't say ours are very optimistic too.

Probably 2,5X average angel exit is based on early stage angel investments. But in the case of Starta portfolio you are investing in 21 tech startups with a traction made in the USA and some of them have already raised further rounds of investment at higher valuations than nominal portfolio value. It reduces risks of investments and increases a probability of profit gain.

And that's why Starta Accelerator partners don't agree on a nominal SPV valuation, now it's should be valued at a hire price.

Also, your assumptions are based on 5-year return expectations, but the first exit of any of startups can take place at any time, even during this year, don't forget that it's a venture business.

After every exit Starta Accelerator 16/17 will distribute a profit to limited partners, including Cross Coin, wich will distribute it through a token buyback at a market price. As you understand, in this case, a token price will rise significantly and token holders will be able to gain profit from it. After that, the number of tokens on a market will reduce after a buyback ant this will help to support the token value.

Do you think it's not interesting for crypto holders and traders?

Furthermore, your token will be effectively tied to the USD rate in the first year. You collect approximately 1.5 mil worth of Ethereum/Bitcoin, and you need to buy the tokens back. Say you did not sell your ETH or BTC proceeds, and ETH and BTC appreciate in value. Now you can buy back all the tokens at a reduced rate, and still have some crypto's in your wallet.

I agree that many crypto holders prefer cryptocurrencies only and it's ok. But many of others are looking for alternative investments including in non-crypto assets to diversify their portfolio. In this case, I think venture investments are more attractive because of potential upside.

Cross Coin committed investing a raised amount in Starta portfolio and will do it.

This project is great for your VC fund - it improves short-term cash flow and reduces your downside risk. For ICO-investors - not so attractive. This is equivalent of investors holding a cash position in USD.

This ICO is good for Starta Accelerator, it's true, just like for many companies launching ICO here. But it's also good for token investors and I explained why. Also is good for a crypto economy, because, in a case of liquidity events, Cross Coin will bring more cash from a fiat economy.

This ICO concept that you propose works great for shares, but not for debt. For individual start-up investments, but not for a portfolio of 21 start-ups. This is why I think it may work well for your startup Suretly. For Suretly, an investors expected return is still 11% per year, but the possible upside is much higher than in a portfolio of 21 start-ups.

You are absolutely right - equity investments are more interesting in a venture business because of potential upside. And in a case of this ICO, Cross Coin is investing in the equity of 21 startups, including mentioned Suretly (Starta Accelerator portfolio company). After any of exits with potentially high valuation, Cross Coin will receive its fair share of profit and utilize it to a token buyback where smart token holders will earn an additional profit on a price volatility.

Thanks for questions again.

If something is still unclear, please don't hesitate to ask again, it will help us to prepare a list of FAQs.  
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:28:27 PM

Hi, Turkish translations and local community management will be conducted by me.

Posting here upon the request of the offical team and the user, iCoinSoftware.

Thanks!
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 08:13:53 PM

Hi , i would reserve the French Translation, if it's ok for you.

Tell me, i already make the translation of the waves wiki. so it's my game Cheesy

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
TonTon

Activity: 532
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:20:10 AM

Kairatka,

Thank you for your reply. The Strata capital is doing something really innovative, and I can see how for some investors it would be interesting. Could you please tell us more about SC Fund II. Is Strata looking to invest 70m into other start-ups? Is it Strata's first non-angel fund? Will some of SC Fund II's funds be invested into 2016/2017 companies?
ifeoluwa

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:38:33 AM

Hi, guys, my name is Kairat and I would like to share a deal with you.

Starta ICO

Whitepaper

Facebook , Twitter , VK, Telegram

What is CrossCoin?

CrossCoin LLC is an SPV to be incorporated in Singapore as an ICO friendly jurisdiction with the only purpose to invest in Starta Accelerator. CrossCoin has an option to buy 33% of "Starta Accelerator 16/17" SPV at a nominal price.

Why invest in “Starta Accelerator 16/17” LLC?

Starta Accelerator 16/17 LLC is a $3M SPV, holding a portfolio of 21 technology startups selected and accelerated by Starta Accelerator. The SPV owns average of 7% equity in each company at $2M valuation

All 21 companies are at a post-product stage and have traction in their home countries and U.S. market. Some of them have already raised further rounds of investment at higher valuations than Starta Accelerator 16/17 LLC nominal portfolio valuations.

Portfolio model overview:

Valuation at entry - up to $2 M
Targeted exit @ $10 - $50 M  (average 10 X return per company)
This way we  can do 5X - 20X exit where most VCs just enter

ICO Terms

We developed a simple model of future profit distribution to token holders using token buyback mechanism. Tokens will be issued as a type of debt. As a limited partner, CrossCoin will receive a profit share from "Starta Accelerator 16/17 LLC" and undertakes to utilize it to buy back the tokens at a market price.

We think this model is suitable for venture industry and could be attractive for investors in terms of liquidity and volatility.
expect many groups of investors to be interested:

• traders (because of high volatility);
  • venture investors (even with small funds);
  • crypto asset holders (to diversify the assets with fiat investments);
  • regular investors (because of liquidity);
  • fiat investors.

Please, check the model of buyback mechanism here. Just input your exits and token market price assumptions.

This looks like an interesting project, I like the idea of empowering startups in a foreign land. Just keep us posted with more details
Techfrog

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:40:38 AM

If possible reserve the german translation for me Smiley
ifeoluwa

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:13:57 PM

Dev, any news on the bounty yet?
bjjobg55206

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:21:01 PM

hi dev could you reserve for me italian translation, thanks! i know your project it is great
Reserve indonesian translation dev
Portuguese translation reserved.
Hello. Let me reserve the translation of the Russian thread.
Designate the last date for the translation

Hi, we are considering translations for several languages, will contact you if we do.

Reserving Hindi translation. Let me know if accepted.
Done

I can do Greek. Please contact me if you need me. Thank you.

I can do Filipino (Philippines) Translation, please contact me if you need a local thread in Filipino section.  Thank you
Reserving Chinese translation. Let me know if accepted.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: