Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI - You don't need to buy a miner to get into mining  (Read 1362 times)
AMuppInTime (OP)
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:26:31 PM

besides buying an expensive and very rare mining rig, know that you can join in and buy shares of ASICSMINER at https://btct.co/ for around 1.2BTC currently. IT PAYS DIVIDENDS weekly.

Just if you didn't know - and yes, i'm invested in them and love them, just want to share the word as it's still underground I'd say...
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:33:32 PM

You can also get in a little cheaper with mining co-ops on https://www.litecoinglobal.com/

I've dropped some LTC into a few of the securities there and have been happy with the return.
140point6

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:26:05 AM

Any way to get your original deposit out or one time fee for all future dividends?
Slave2school

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:30:10 AM

Good question! I'm pretty new to this game and I just made a small deposit to the pyramining people to see what happens.  I'd love to get an asic but I'm a bit too paranoid seeing that there is only a video of a developer's unit being unwrapped at the moment.  So for now I'm sticking with my gpu's since I can stull play games on the when they become unprofitable to mine with Cheesy
vega07

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:03:09 AM

That is an interesting alternative to consider.
Socket54

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:18:17 AM

I want some of those usbminers they got coming out.

About how much you think they will run?

Laugh Smile and Love
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:52:46 AM

Any way to get your original deposit out or one time fee for all future dividends?

LTC-Global reserves a 0.1 LTC fee on withdrawl, but it's much like an exchange aside from that--the proceeds of your sales go to your site wallet, and you move them off from there.  There is a 0.2% transaction fee when you buy/sell, although the dividends aren't charged, IIRC.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:38:48 AM

besides buying an expensive and very rare mining rig, know that you can join in and buy shares of ASICSMINER at https://btct.co/ for around 1.2BTC currently. IT PAYS DIVIDENDS weekly.

Just if you didn't know - and yes, i'm invested in them and love them, just want to share the word as it's still underground I'd say...

How much do you get for a 1.2 BTC dividend so far?
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:45:51 AM

Is there anything similar for BTC (not for LTC)?

The site OP mentioned is for BTC.
CodyCot

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:49:36 AM

You can also get in a little cheaper with mining co-ops on https://www.litecoinglobal.com/

I've dropped some LTC into a few of the securities there and have been happy with the return.

I have some LiteCoins lying around. Could you explain this to me? I may be able to join up!
milkman1

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:57:02 AM

but the value of btc keeps going up, its not neccesarily a good deal

dividends are tiny like .008? a week?
effect

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:01:23 AM

0.008BTC a week would take like 3 years to get your initial investment of 1.2BTC back...
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:12:20 AM

I have some LiteCoins lying around. Could you explain this to me? I may be able to join up!

It's easy enough.  You create your LTC-Global account, move your LTC into the wallet the site generates, then purchase securities based on how you feel they will preform in the future.  Most pay a dividend--check out the history on each one and see.

To buy at market price, you click the "fill" button under the Sell column of an asset--you can also place a buy "bid" to offer to buy the asset at below market price.  if enough people want to sell, they'll buy your bid and you'll have shares.  Buying at market is more expensive but immediate, waiting for a bid to complete will get your a lower cost, but will take more patients.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:16:53 AM

0.008BTC a week would take like 3 years to get your initial investment of 1.2BTC back...

Aren't dividends based on profits?
btccontractor

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:23:50 AM

I want some of those usbminers they got coming out.

About how much you think they will run?

The official ASICMINER thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.3880) doesn't seem to have any speculation on that, really. Would love to get my hands on one, but if the recent auction of the large units is any indication (winning bids were BTC76), it's likely not a cost-effective purchase unless you already have a bunch of coins with a low cost-basis.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:24:34 AM

Don't forget that you can sell the shares to others to get your initial investment back, just like regular old shares. 25%+ a year is awesome for shares though - see the poor divs you get when you buy Apple stock for example.
TracerX

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:26:05 AM

Yes.  Even in the world of virtual currency, they are based on profits.  Each asset posts a contract that clearly states how divs are paid, and most are pretty transparent about how they do business.  Like any investment, however, there's always risk involved.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:31:01 AM

Yes. ASICMiner is an mining security, where the divs come from the proceeds of mining and selling hardware. Check https://www.btcguild.com//index.php?page=rankings for their mining hashrate. (hint: they're user 67117  Wink ) It is scheduled to mine at 15TH/s by next week.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:56:27 PM

That's interesting, I may look into it. However, I find it to be a very risky investment, because the price of bitcoins fluctuates so much. Still, its somethign that I will consider doing.
tevion

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:05:36 PM

It is risky...but the hole traide with btc are very risky
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: