Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting enlightenment on 2 questions  (Read 273 times)
Continuous (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:06:50 AM

Hey,

I've just switched from using the online wallet Blockchain to using Electrum.
I have installed it and attempted to turn in the 2FA but the code I'm supposed to insert just won't work.
Same thing happened for me using Blockchain, looks like my Google Authenticator has a delay and the code is always wrong.
My question is, how safe is my Bitcoin account taking in fact I'm not using 2FA ?

Is it possible signing messages using Electrum ? If so, how ?

Help is appreciated, thank you.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:34:32 AM

Hey,

I have installed it and attempted to turn in the 2FA but the code I'm supposed to insert just won't work.
Same thing happened for me using Blockchain, looks like my Google Authenticator has a delay and the code is always wrong.
My question is, how safe is my Bitcoin account taking in fact I'm not using 2FA ?

Most issue with 2FA codes not working are caused by incorrectly synced time on your phone. You should double check and manually sync the time with an internet time server to see if that fixes the issue.

Your bitcoin wallet is as safe as the PC you are running it on. If you do not have malware on the PC, you should be fine.

Yes, you can sign messages with Electrum. Just go to Tools -> Sign/Verify Message
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:38:35 AM

Hey,

Make sure that you are entering the code while the counter on it says that it's still available. iirc google authenticator have a time limit to when you can use it. I'm not sure if it's still the same now, I stopped using them long ago.

You can. Follow shorenas instruction in his/her post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0
Continuous (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:05:09 AM

Hey,

Most issue with 2FA codes not working are caused by incorrectly synced time on your phone. You should double check and manually sync the time with an internet time server to see if that fixes the issue.

Your bitcoin wallet is as safe as the PC you are running it on. If you do not have malware on the PC, you should be fine.

Yes, you can sign messages with Electrum. Just go to Tools -> Sign/Verify Message

Oh, the actual time my phone displays needs to be synced ? I know I have it like 3 minutes ahead of the actual time, that could be the issue. Never thought about it, I'll definitely try that out, thank you!

And thank you for the signing messages part as well.

Hey,

Make sure that you are entering the code while the counter on it says that it's still available. iirc google authenticator have a time limit to when you can use it. I'm not sure if it's still the same now, I stopped using them long ago.

You can. Follow shorenas instruction in his/her post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Thank you for all the help and information, I'll definitely do so!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: