Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An open question for Hal Finney and Mike Hearn  (Read 1221 times)
Dunster (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:36:15 AM

Both Hal Finney and Mike Hearn have made significant contributions to Bitcoin. Hal Finney developed Hashcash which Bitcoin builds upon. See http://www.hashcash.org/ Mike Hearn is the lead the developer of Bitcoinj, a Java implementation of a Bitcoin client-only node. See https://code.google.com/p/bitcoinj/

The question is:

How would you feel if THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION, INC. named you as a founding member in their by-laws without your consent?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:44:15 AM

Do you really need to open a new thread every time you think of something more to criticise the Foundation over?  You're coming awfully close to spamming right now and you're diluting your argument by continually starting new threads. 

People around here are pretty lazy and once there are multiple threads on a topic they will only follow one or two (seriously, look at some hot topics from the past and see how often people kept asking questions in new threads which had already been asnwered in existing ones).  Spreading information across several threads means that you end up with a lot of people who are only exposed to some of the available information.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Dunster (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:48:24 AM

This thread is a completely different hypothetical concept than my other threads. Though you are free to comment and express your ideas, we aren't asking you the question. The question is for Hal Finney and Mike Hearn.
unk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:54:53 AM

i love hal finney, but he didn't invent hashcash. it's adam beck's project.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:18:11 AM

This thread is a completely different hypothetical concept than my other threads. Though you are free to comment and express your ideas, we aren't asking you the question. The question is for Hal Finney and Mike Hearn.

Fair enough, but when people start cluttering up Discussion with multiple threads about essentially the same topic, they shouldn't be surprised when those threads get moved to other forums.  You could easily have asked the question in your existing thread about Satoshi being named as a founding member and PMed Hal and Mike asking them to comment.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Dunster (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:20:46 AM

Yes, but it would have been far more difficult for Hal Finney and Mike Hearn to find this thread. Don't kill the messenger and please let this thread exist for a few days before you move it.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:37:57 AM

Yes, but it would have been far more difficult for Hal Finney and Mike Hearn to find this thread. Don't kill the messenger and please let this thread exist for a few days before you move it.

No, it wouldn't have been.  At least for Mike Hearn, who is able-bodied and very involved.

Do you seriously believe Mike doesn't have a script to search his name on the forums?

This thread is a completely different hypothetical concept than my other threads.

Yeah.  Like a thread about Hostess Cupcakes is "a completely different hypothetical concept" than a thread about Hostess Twinkies.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Dunster (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

Yeah.  Like a thread about Hostess Cupcakes is "a completely different hypothetical concept" than a thread about Hostess Twinkies.
Hal Finney and Mike Hearn are here and can communicate for themselves. Satoshi is not.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 12:23:35 PM

Adam Back.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:12:37 AM

Adam Back.

Surely, he's not... (is he?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: