Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Feathercoins were mined the first day (24 hours) 1 million or 2 million  (Read 3289 times)
tobobit (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:58:35 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 04:10:05 AM by tobobit

How many Feathercoins were mined the first day? (24 hours)
I heard it was over 1million, but is it closer to 2 million?
thanks for the fast answer, chriswen

Well, I didn't know but seems like it's closer to 3 million lols.   Wink

Block 2 to block 14451

chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:13:12 AM

Well, I didn't know but seems like it's closer to 3 million lols.   Wink

Block 2 to block 14451

gabbynot

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:25:07 AM

So it took barely over one full day to mine 1% of all Feathercoins that will ever be in existence?
chriswen

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:31:20 AM

So it took barely over one full day to mine 1% of all Feathercoins that will ever be in existence?

It's less than 1%.  Think about it, there was still more than 99% left to mine after the first day.
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:44:53 AM

Yea besides now the difficulty has been readjusting to catch up. Not to mention remembers this is 4x more than Litecoins, 16x more the Bitcions. Even 1mil isn't as much as you think

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:58:06 AM

As far as Im concerned, any substantial premine or instamine without alerting the community prior to launch means the coin is DOA.

Just an attempt by the developer to make a few quick bucks of some hapless folks.

I wouldnt touch FC personally. If you want real value, buy LTC.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:58:48 AM

And 10 days have passed and we haven't reached 2% yet. Just like the cryptos that have come before it, there is an automatic difficulty adjustment every x number of blocks.

tobobit (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:09:04 AM

As far as Im concerned, any substantial premine or instamine without alerting the community prior to launch means the coin is DOA.

Just an attempt by the developer to make a few quick bucks of some hapless folks.

I don't doubt the author and his buddies set up multiple mining rigs+addresses to mine from the start.  I'm mining some at the moment, but I guess I too feel Feathercoin is tainted because there was no forwarning, or pre-announcement.  The first blocks were being found every 5-10 seconds, so instantmine indeed.   I had no idea it was almost 3 million though.
chriswen

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:12:47 AM

But, there's going to be 336 million coins, we'll see how it works out.  Yeah the no pre announcement wasn't the best.
gabbynot

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:13:26 AM

I don't doubt the author and his buddies set up multiple mining rigs+addresses to mine from the start.  I'm mining some at the moment, but I guess I too feel Feathercoin is tainted because there was no forwarning, or pre-announcement.  The first blocks were being found every 5-10 seconds, so instantmine indeed.   I had no idea it was almost 3 million though.

Definitely has a scammy feel to it; but hopefully in the long run FTC will nonetheless fill a role in the crypto world.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:16:15 AM

And 10 days have passed and we haven't reached 2% yet. Just like the cryptos that have come before it, there is an automatic difficulty adjustment every x number of blocks.

Wich has just been proven to be not enough, Someone should not be able to just "collect" 1% of an Entire Currency's Fixed amount in 24 hours

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:20:21 AM

Wich has just been proven to be not enough, Someone should not be able to just "collect" 1% of an Entire Currency's Fixed amount in 24 hours

Say that to MinCoin, 500 reward first day.
erk

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:21:23 AM

Who says it was "someone" if you check the blockchain info you will see that it was lots of miners as it should be. The announcement was in a public forum, so nobody had a head start, if you missed out then don't cry here, you have 98.5% of the coins to mine, off you go.

gabbynot

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:28:30 AM

Who says it was "someone" if you check the blockchain info you will see that it was lots of miners as it should be. The announcement was in a public forum, so nobody had a head start, if you missed out then don't cry here, you have 98.5% of the coins to mine, off you go.

5 seconds public notice before launch with planned, low difficulty may mean it wasn't *technically* a pre-mine, but it was *effectively* a pre-mine.

(And I say that as someone who owns a few; I'd like to see it succeed despite the scammy intro.)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:32:14 AM

It's less than 1%.  Think about it, there was still more than 99% left to mine after the first day.

VERY poor excuse for premining of a new useless currency. Smells like total scamcoin.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:33:26 AM

Announcement in the middle of the night and few miners with MASSIVE hash power mining 3 million coins in less than a day. Yeah, not scammy at all.
erk

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:56:38 AM

Announcement in the middle of the night and few miners with MASSIVE hash power mining 3 million coins in less than a day. Yeah, not scammy at all.

The announcement wasn't in the middle of the night, it was right in the middle of US daytime. 2:20pm on the east coast. Stop trying to spread misinformation.

paul21

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:59:04 AM

The announcement wasn't in the middle of the night, it was right in the middle of US daytime. 2:20pm on the east coast. Stop trying to spread misinformation.

There also was not MASSIVE hash power. Block difficulty was super low, anyone with a hasher and low expiry settings was getting blocks.

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
erk

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:05:04 AM

There also was not MASSIVE hash power. Block difficulty was super low, anyone with a hasher and low expiry settings was getting blocks.

Correct, I had no trouble cutting over a small litecoin rig to see what it was all about, and mining some coins. atm I am not taking it seriously until someone like BTC-e supports it, but I will still mine a few hundred FC just in case one day it takes off, same as I did with BTC back in July 2011.

perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:08:56 AM

Haha, watch the trolls: If feathercoins werent that successfull, you would all laugh at the miner and tell them how they wasted so much eletricity for nothing, how they are all so dump etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: