Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-04-27]Bitcoin Price is Once Again Above Gold Despite ‘Altcoin Bubble’ – In  (Read 9079 times)
joshy23 (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:10:41 PM

Bitcoin Price is Once Again Above Gold Despite ‘Altcoin Bubble’ – Inside Bitcoins

Bitcoin Price Hits New Highs, Back Above Gold

The price of one bitcoin now sits at $1,283 USD at the time of writing, according to Bitcointicker.co.

The last time BTC was breaking its all-time high was in early March amid the COIN ETF euphoria. At the time, the price spiked to as high as $1,350 on some exchanges.

Worth mentioning is the glaring price difference among various exchanges, particularly Bitfinex, where one BTC sells for $1,377. You can read more about why this is happening here.

The previous official all-time high was established as somewhere around the $1,275 mark, which has now been broken. Moreover, Bitcoin is now back above gold price per ounce or $1,264.09 per ounce, according to gold.org.

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitcoin-price-is-once-again-above-gold-despite-altcoin-bubble/44596
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

Yes, the price of 1 Bitcoin is above the price of 1 gold.

Oh wait, there's no exact amount of gold that should determine the gold price.  An ounce is just an arbitrary amount, and Bitcoin's price being over gold is completely meaningless.  Especially when the Bitcoin supply is much, much lower than ounces of gold.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

It's doesn't serve for anything other than statistical purposes. What annoys me even more is the title -- classic example of how they are trying to make people click on an article that has no value at all. Other than that, altcoins sitting at record highs doesn't mean they are preventing Bitcoin from growing further. It's a small portion of the people that use altcoins to hedge Bitcoin. It makes altcoins explode, but won't negatively impact Bitcoin. Bitcoin will continue to grow due to the demand, nothing can change that.
berserkinterbuy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

Yes, the price of 1 Bitcoin is above the price of 1 gold.

Oh wait, there's no exact amount of gold that should determine the gold price.  An ounce is just an arbitrary amount, and Bitcoin's price being over gold is completely meaningless.  Especially when the Bitcoin supply is much, much lower than ounces of gold.

Yes, I also do not understand why people like to compare bitcoin with gold. These are completely different assets. I hope, when bitcoin will be about 2000 dollars, these comparisons will stop
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:12:44 AM

them blog authors and writers have nothing more to write about but compare the price of gold with bitcoin price?
every 10$ bitcoin price growth warrants another "mews" article on how we are about to overtake or overtook gold
AND WHAT NOW? yes bitcoin is worth more than gold,congratulations

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
VTCutch

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:53:37 AM

them blog authors and writers have nothing more to write about but compare the price of gold with bitcoin price?
every 10$ bitcoin price growth warrants another "mews" article on how we are about to overtake or overtook gold
AND WHAT NOW? yes bitcoin is worth more than gold,congratulations

I also do not understand why everyone compares gold and bitcoin. At the forum of such topics about 25 percent)
Maybe there's a journalist and there's really nothing more to write about.
I think that soon it will stop, because bitcoin will be much more expensive than gold
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:54:24 AM

I think that soon it will stop, because bitcoin will be much more expensive than gold

It won't stop until Bitcoin's BTC unit price surpasses Gold's KG unit price. In that regard, we'll have to wait plenty of more years to see this become reality. In the meantime as Bitcoin continues to grow in value, we'll keep seeing articles such as "Half a Bitcoin surpasses Gold's ounce price!" "One tenth of a Bitcoin officially equals the price of one ounce of Gold!" "1mBTC is now worth more than 1 gram of Gold!" bla bla bla. They have to do something to generate ad revenue. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: