Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:45:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had $10,000 to leave for a year...  (Read 1953 times)
kc. (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

uh-huh

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:13:54 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 02:24:48 AM by kc.

... which crypto(s) would you go in on? You won't be touching them a lot just holding for 1 year+.

My thoughts:
    -ETH
    -GNT
    -Lykke (maybe)
    -NAV
    -ARDR

What else do you guys think, please try and leave a reason why as well? Best to diversify instead of chucking all on ETH imo.

Join the largest & most active Crypto Discord Server
BrainyNetwork

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:19:53 AM

I think LTC will double up again this year. So if a double up is good for you, then LTC.
Moon_Man

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:23:37 AM

all in monero
kc. (OP)

uh-huh

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:24:36 AM

I think LTC will double up again this year. So if a double up is good for you, then LTC.
I personally don't invest in something I don't believe in, or tend not to. I am staying away from LTC even though there is hype about it.

all in monero
I see it has dipped quite a bit, could be a decent buy but what is special about it?

welshcollectibles

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:40:51 AM

Follow the fundamentals :

25% split into

BTC - Store of value
XRP - Currency
XMR - Privacy
ETH - Smart contracts

torjusg

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:46:44 AM

I certainly would get into Lykke. A good and serious project that will pump like crazy when it's token gets listed on big altcoin exchanges or becomes THE altcoin exchange.

ETH, maybe if the price went down a bit. So a safer buy would be possible.
Some of the projects that utilise ETH are probably better.

FCT, I'm simply waiting for it to go down more. Way more upside on this coin than ETH in a one or two years term.

AUR (yes, Auroracoin), simply because it always moons again.

I have a good feeling about the Taas fund, but we'll see.

I will not invest in:
BTC I try to stay out of. It's an old dinosaur by now and I don't think in time it will even survive as a store of value. First tries on new concepts usually end up being replaced. A good example of that was Napster.

I'm not rich enough to be satisfied with doubles and triples, so LTC doesn't really interest me that much. Plus it has been on a declining trend for a long time. I also don't think it's going to be the future of cryptocurrency. It resembles it's predecessor too much.
kc. (OP)

uh-huh

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:11:46 AM

I certainly would get into Lykke. A good and serious project that will pump like crazy when it's token gets listed on big altcoin exchanges or becomes THE altcoin exchange.

FCT, I'm simply waiting for it to go down more. Way more upside on this coin than ETH in a one or two years term.

I will not invest in:
BTC I try to stay out of. It's an old dinosaur by now and I don't think in time it will even survive as a store of value. First tries on new concepts usually end up being replaced. A good example of that was Napster.

I'm not rich enough to be satisfied with doubles and triples, so LTC doesn't really interest me that much. Plus it has been on a declining trend for a long time. I also don't think it's going to be the future of cryptocurrency. It resembles it's predecessor too much.
Yes I agree with ETH, 100% going in on that. You really think FCT can grow that much? As far as AUR goes... I mean it's nothing special but there hasn't been a pump on it yet... so we could just buy and wait Grin.

torjusg

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:15:21 AM

I will not invest in:

Yes I agree with ETH, 100% going in on that. You really think FCT can grow that much? As far as AUR goes... I mean it's nothing special but there hasn't been a pump on it yet... so we could just buy and wait Grin.

From what I gather, without being a techie as such, is that Factoms are used for storing information in an unalterable form and can thus be extremely useful for institutions and companies that depend on preserving data, for example to use in contracts like ethereum provides. Considering how useful efficient and secure data storage is to large corporations who deal with a lot of incoming information in all forms, I think the market cap should be up there with Ethereum. But Factoms are not as applicable for small companies like we currently see in crypto. Creating trust through having smart contracts is a much bigger thing in a lawless world as cryptocurrency currently is. However, when blockchain tech grows out of it's childhood cradle and into mainstream application for all kinds of uses, Factoms will catch up and maybe even grow bigger than Ethereum.
addias

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:19:25 AM

If you had $10,000 to leave for a year... I would leave it in Waves. Waves has a good solid platform, and they are working close with Ethererum. I could see Waves giving a multiple times X return in a year.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:20:47 AM

None of that crap.  In fact if you were to hand me $10,000 today,  I'd buy 1.5BTC and put the rest in the stock market.   But no way in hell would I buy eth or any other crapcoin.  1 year is way too long of a holding period for that sort of risk.
Mareksh

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:04:52 AM

I would wait some days till monero s LL and start getting up again. I would put most of the money in monero, it has big volume, great community, top support and many updates will follow.
Also investing some amount in BTC won't be a bad idea. LTC and ETH for short-mid time investments will also be a good idea. But keep in mind that most TOP altcoins, besides monero, are ATH, so they may go down soon. ...i would wait some days/weeks for altcoins.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:17:05 AM

25% split into

BTC - Store of value
XRP - Currency
XMR - Privacy
ETH - Smart contracts

These coins are definitely a safe investment.

I would also invest a small amount into some random coins and hope for a large return on one of them. 

Are we talking about a sure thing or trying to hit it big? Risk vs reward.

kc. (OP)

uh-huh

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:18:25 AM

25% split into

BTC - Store of value
XRP - Currency
XMR - Privacy
ETH - Smart contracts

These coins are definitely a safe investment.

I would also invest a small amount into some random coins and hope for a large return on one of them. 

Are we talking about a sure thing or trying to hit it big? Risk vs reward.
I won't be going in on XMR, XRP or BTC.

My main stack is in ETH, I use the rest to play around with for short/mid-term holds.

SeasonChanger

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:09:56 AM

NEM, Syscoin, Bitcoin and maybe Ark.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:18:58 AM

Byteball and factom.
Im betting on them
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

Gulden has been giving well over 100% ROI every since 2014.

Coin hit a low of 65 sat in 2014 and today is steady at 3200 sat and much higher bitcoin price 3 years later. Next year with all the projects coming out I am expecting 10000 sat for Gulden.

There will probably be some pump and dump coins that will offer better returns though if you trading actively.
torrentco

Activity: 2114
Merit: 418

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:12:54 AM

u guys really think of investing in eth??
it was 10 usd 2,5 months back now it is 60 usd.
i mean i not paying 6 times more for only 2.5 months.doesnt sound that logical to me.
i am pretty sure there ill be a mini(or maybe a major) collapse in ETH soon enough.

@tamilee

i have also read a lot of nice things about gulden lately.and thinking in investing.
i mean it is a dutch coin do we have to say more Smiley
Gestiside

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

u guys really think of investing in eth??
it was 10 usd 2,5 months back now it is 60 usd.
i mean i not paying 6 times more for only 2.5 months.doesnt sound that logical to me.
i am pretty sure there ill be a mini(or maybe a major) collapse in ETH soon enough.

@tamilee

i have also read a lot of nice things about gulden lately.and thinking in investing.
i mean it is a dutch coin do we have to say more Smiley

The price is rising too fast. But if there is good development, the price will rise further.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 02:20:32 PM

4k posw (monthly dividents + price rise 1000x)
4k insane (mn income + price rise will 100000x)
2k eth (rise+stability)
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:37:05 PM

zcoin
syscoin
waves
stratis

these coins might get you $50,000 after 1 year

Pages: [1] 2 »  All