Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:55:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC ETF SEC APPROVED on MAY 15th  (Read 8785 times)
eight888 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:34:35 AM

Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:54:22 AM

Well what do you think? It was rejected the last 20 times. Do you think it will get accepted the 21st time?

eight888 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:58:43 AM

Well what do you think? It was rejected the last 20 times. Do you think it will get accepted the 21st time?

wow is that a fact it got rejected 20 times already?
Vahnt

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:21:34 AM

Virtually no chance it gets approved
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:46:26 AM

An ETF approval by the SEC would be nice, but isn't a necessity for the bitcoin price to continue its increase.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4536

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:57:04 AM

I think it's a non-issue.

They applied for an appeal almost immediately after rejection. This is just setting a date for that appeal.

It's like an eleventh hour appeal for a prisoner on death row. Don't get your hopes up.

Nothing has changed and I think the market realizes this. I don't anticipate a speculation-fest like March 11.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:15:16 AM

The question is what's changed about the lack of regulation the SEC sees in the market? Either they don't care about that as much anymore or some greater regulation has been created. We all know there's no more regulation of the market (which is great)...in fact there's greater risk that there will be less regulation, given all the hard fork talk.

I think it's nice news but isn't going to change anything.

It may run up the price but we barely saw a drop after the last rejection. Also, this current run up started before the news of the ETF decision appeal.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:34:10 AM

Virtually no chance it gets approved

then what's the point to reconsider it int he first place? i guess this can be the right time to get bitcoin approval, would also explain the last increase in value

the news http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:55:41 AM

i highly doubt theyll reconsider anything, just go through the motions of implied fairness - but who knows...

i would prefer to continue along our own path, and not end up like gold/silver markets
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:23:16 AM

Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
I think ETF getting approved by SEC on may 15th is not likely to happen but there is a chance that they might reconsider and approve it. If it is approved I think BTC price will climb up and if it is denied I don't think there will be a dump that will happen since people might not think of buying unless there is announcement of ETF getting approved. Only a dip will occur if SEC denied it again.
MiladMax

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:24:39 AM

BTC doesn't care about ETF's anymore...
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:00:25 AM

Nah. They are just giving it a review and just like the other ETF on bitcoin, SEC will reject it. They are just giving us a false hope about approving it. Although bitcoin will be fine I guess without ETF. Just look at the price now, do you think we still need ETF? I don't think so. Although with the approval bitcoin price will soar higher. An approval is just an icing on the cake for bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:05:04 AM

The reasons for initial refusal did not abate. While Winklewoss twins used their lawful right for repealing the decision there is little doubt, that there wont be another rejection.

May 15th could be date for reversal and or price consolidation of current rise, steam will run out as will good news.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

BTC doesn't care about ETF's anymore...

It never did. Every price increase that we went through was accomplished by a growing demand, and that will not change. However, an ETF would be a perfect tool that will allow institutional capital to be invested in Bitcoin through official channels. Institutional investors don't care that they don't actually own any coins if they happen to allocate 1 or 2 percent of their portfolio for this Bitcoin ETF. It's just the massive potential that they are after. OP; There won't be an approval. It wouldn't make any sense so close after their rejection. It would make the SEC look bad.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

Wether BTC ETF will be approved or not, it will be a good thing for bitcoin holders.

If approved, BTC will go up.
If disapproved, BTC can temporarily be bought at a discount.

Win-win for bitcoin. Really look forward to the day that bitcoin is worth $50k.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:32:12 AM

Wether BTC ETF will be approved or not, it will be a good thing for bitcoin holders.

If approved, BTC will go up.

Win-win for bitcoin. Really look forward to the day that bitcoin is worth $50k.

How do you know that another refusal is not already priced in by the markets? Making decision essentially irrelevant for the development unless its positive this time (there is no reason to believe it will be approved all of sudden).

I hate to be the bad news pariah, but all this uber-bullishness without any proper fundamentals is making me wary.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:03:27 AM

Nope. I strongly believe that the ETF will remain holding its rejected status, and I am sure the majority of the market movers think so as well.

In case of a surprising approval, the price will get a massive boost, and rightfully so. If there isn't anything changed, then the price will just keep moving as it has been doing in the last days.

It doesn't make any sense for the price to go down as there is nothing to lose, while in fact there is only something to gain. Wink Let's just not expect too much as it will only result in a big disappointment.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:22:35 AM

I don't think they will change their mind but let's see if they will reconsider it seeing that there's a new country that started to recognize bitcoin, Japan. Whatever the result of it there's no effect ( I guess ) with the price of bitcoin right now. They are just making some issues on bitcoin for them to have reasons to make the price low again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:23:39 AM

When is the date of the outcome of the review?
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:06:02 AM

I think you already answered to your questions in your 2nd and 3rd questions  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: