Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:32:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC ETF SEC APPROVED on MAY 15th  (Read 8785 times)
Naokia980

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★PlayAmo.com★

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

Investors now looking for low price.Just wait for bounce and buy from dip later sell on 1500$. Wink

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:23:06 PM

Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
I never got a chance to pay much attention to the first round of the ETF approval, but if I remember correctly they thought about it and then firmly rejected it. I don't think they're interested in letting it through, especially since it means that the SEC is permitting companies to make money outside of the "traditional" markets and, somewhat by extension, concede that Bitcoin is something people can make money from.
There might also be a lot, and by a lot I mean too much, money for an ETF to make in Bitcoin, and the SEC likely knows this.
If I get the opportunity then I might invest, but that hinges on this actually being a thing.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:27:55 PM

Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
I never got a chance to pay much attention to the first round of the ETF approval, but if I remember correctly they thought about it and then firmly rejected it. I don't think they're interested in letting it through, especially since it means that the SEC is permitting companies to make money outside of the "traditional" markets and, somewhat by extension, concede that Bitcoin is something people can make money from.
There might also be a lot, and by a lot I mean too much, money for an ETF to make in Bitcoin, and the SEC likely knows this.
If I get the opportunity then I might invest, but that hinges on this actually being a thing.

Their are lot of things to be done before getting approval of SEC to add bitcoin in ETF, this is just creating a rumour like last time and the market is reacting according to it, i think very soon we might see the price crashing.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:39:16 PM

Why do you say "approved"? May has yet to come and nothing is certain but if any announcement of approval or rejection will be out in May 15TH.
Given the recent news about Nevada and adoption of bitcoin as a real world currency in digital form in Japan and given the increase in price worldwide I assume this time big whales are with much more hope than the last times.
This is really pathetic though, we're here to establish a decentralized banking system and yet are depending on the blessing of centralized governments.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:27:24 AM

What a clickbait title... The SEC has not approved and is not likely to approve the BTC ETF anytime soon, and as most people have this in mind a second rejection probably won't even affect price very much at all. An approval will certainly be nice but the chances are slim the way I see it.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:29:08 AM

All I can see is, this review somehow pushed the price of Bitcoin to what it is now.  This (approval) might push  the price higher but I would say let us not put our hopes in it.  There had not much of change in Bitcoin, it was the same when it was rejected so probably it will still be rejected.  Unless this current rise is a pump due to that issue, then bitcoin price will definitely crash when it is rejected once again.  And if this price increase is  because of adoption due to several countries accepting, then, it the price will not falter and will continue to increase even if SEC favored the previous decision.

The price is definitely higher, but we have to stop trying to look for reasons for the same. Bitcoin sometimes has a mind of its own.
As we saw the last time, the price just shrugged off the ETF rejection.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:32:20 AM

All I can see is, this review somehow pushed the price of Bitcoin to what it is now.  This (approval) might push  the price higher but I would say let us not put our hopes in it.  There had not much of change in Bitcoin, it was the same when it was rejected so probably it will still be rejected.  Unless this current rise is a pump due to that issue, then bitcoin price will definitely crash when it is rejected once again.  And if this price increase is  because of adoption due to several countries accepting, then, it the price will not falter and will continue to increase even if SEC favored the previous decision.

The price is definitely higher, but we have to stop trying to look for reasons for the same. Bitcoin sometimes has a mind of its own.
Well, it also did plunge quickly after due to reasons like Antpool signalling BU. It's a little unclear why the drop happened, but although most people agree it is BU signalling the ETF rejection could also have had a delayed effect on the price. Shrugged off is a little light but I guess it's all your own opinion.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:26:42 AM

The reasons they denied this from the winklevoss twins the first time is still valid today so why would it pass this time? Is this what the price increase is coming from? I'd expect a dump after it's denied again. If it's approved I would really be shocked.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:48:13 AM

All I can see is, this review somehow pushed the price of Bitcoin to what it is now.  This (approval) might push  the price higher but I would say let us not put our hopes in it.  There had not much of change in Bitcoin, it was the same when it was rejected so probably it will still be rejected.  Unless this current rise is a pump due to that issue, then bitcoin price will definitely crash when it is rejected once again.  And if this price increase is  because of adoption due to several countries accepting, then, it the price will not falter and will continue to increase even if SEC favored the previous decision.

It wasn't a total shrug.  Bitcoin hit a high of about $1350 briefly that day March 12th, then a low of about $975 ($375 drop), but recovered to around $1190 - but still off $150 from that crazy high.  But that was about it was the day before anyway...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

An ETF approval by the SEC would be nice, but isn't a necessity for the bitcoin price to continue its increase.
As quoted an Etf approval is good for bitcoin to take bitcoin to the next level of usability and make it more popular and get more trust. At the same there is no compulsion that it needs the approval to move forward in the growing path with price increase.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:42:31 AM

Why do you say "approved"? May has yet to come and nothing is certain but if any announcement of approval or rejection will be out in May 15TH.
Given the recent news about Nevada and adoption of bitcoin as a real world currency in digital form in Japan and given the increase in price worldwide I assume this time big whales are with much more hope than the last times.
This is really pathetic though, we're here to establish a decentralized banking system and yet are depending on the blessing of centralized governments.

Bitcoin ETF Has been rejected for the umpteenth time due to bitcoin has lack of market surveillance and regulation. Bitcoin price always fluctuate and could be manipulated by big whales or people who have huge amounts of bitcoin. But, as SEC intends to review their last decision, bitcoin may have another chance whether to be approved or rejected again : http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/
We can't really secede from centralized government and banks system as bitcoin price and people who trade depend on fiat money and exchanges using banks services to deposit and withdrawal fiat money.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:48:25 AM

Has anything changed since the last time it was rejected?  Volatility is still high, or at least has the potential to be very high, see post the last SEC decision.
It is still dominated by China.  It is still largely unregulated. There is still a good chance that it will fork in the near future.

I don't think it will be approved, no. I also don't really think that it should be approved. After reading the last decision document, I felt all the points they made were fair!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:09:43 AM

Has anything changed since the last time it was rejected? 

Absolutely nothing. People just like to grab something to hold on to in the hope that the price will increase further than it has done already. It's pure greed. It's funny how people after the rejection say that Bitcoin doesn't need an ETF, that it didn't have any impact on the price, etc, while they now think it will give the price a massive boost. People here are nothing more than a bunch of sheeps. They are just following each other because they don't know what to do or think themselves.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

Has anything changed since the last time it was rejected? 

Absolutely nothing. People just like to grab something to hold on to in the hope that the price will increase further than it has done already. It's pure greed. It's funny how people after the rejection say that Bitcoin doesn't need an ETF, that it didn't have any impact on the price, etc, while they now think it will give the price a massive boost. People here are nothing more than a bunch of sheeps. They are just following each other because they don't know what to do or think themselves.
BS. An ETF means more $ flowing into BTC. Fact. So it would a good for the price short term. BTC doesnt need an ETF because its doing fine without it.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:27:52 AM

The approval has been rejected last time, it will be rejected this time, and the next few times as well.
But as it seems every try gives a boost to bitcoin price.
Bitcoin does not drop back after a rejection as much as it has climbed up before.

It's me!!!
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 10:58:59 AM

I dont care what even it approved or not bitcoins will continue well it will be a long process for etf to be approved .
If it will be approved sure it will have a big impact in bitcoin price growth .
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:23:14 AM

I dont care what even it approved or not bitcoins will continue well it will be a long process for etf to be approved .
If it will be approved sure it will have a big impact in bitcoin price growth .

i agree with Apened said, we already know that ETF is rejected in march but the price is increase from that moment although there is a dump between march-april that is happen, but the price still going up until now and now the price is reach at $14xx. i don't think that after may 15th, the decision about bitcoin will be rejected rejected again like before, the price will getting up because some of people don't want to see the price is getting down even for just $10-$20 for down. but i think, lets we wait for that moment and meanwhile, we can continue to do trading bitcoin-usd or bitcoin-altcoin to reach more profit.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/

More info above, I also don't think it will be approved. Then they will have to approve the Ethereum ETF as well.
I also think that having an ETF could spell disaster for Bitcoiners as we would see a lot of money influx from wall street and institutional speculators.
Once that happens it'll be very easy for them to manipulate the price.
modsa

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 04:42:28 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/

More info above, I also don't think it will be approved. Then they will have to approve the Ethereum ETF as well.
I also think that having an ETF could spell disaster for Bitcoiners as we would see a lot of money influx from wall street and institutional speculators.
Once that happens it'll be very easy for them to manipulate the price.

Agree with you. I dont even trust Bitcoin how SEC does it? This market might manipulate easily. We got long time. we need to dealt with improving blockchain techo. just investor can't grow up BTC.

▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■ SPARKSTER ■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬
▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  Run ‘Smart Software’ at 10 Million TPS! Crowdsale Starting Soon  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪ 
 Website | Telegram
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:20:32 PM

No way we are going to see the ETF approved. If I could I would short BTC once it gets rejected, but im not sure 100% so im not going to risk losing a lot of money. I'll just continue watching the show from the sidelines while holding, and if it crashes as hard as the last ETF rejection of the Winklevoss, im going to buy more because as we saw the last time, those opportunities are very rare and get bought back real fast.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: