Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 LTCs reward for your help  (Read 1345 times)
SnowRoll (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:59:10 PM

After countless attempts to unlock my wallet, I am starting to lose hope  Sad
The story in a nutshell: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1887950.msg18754513#msg18754513

(I should emphasize that I set up the passphrase only once - so the different versions of wallet.dat derive from the same setup)

So I am offering a reward of 10 LTCs to anyone who will be able to unlock my wallet.

Thanks in advance
Don

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dfd1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:55:12 PM

Both backups are copies of the same file? No new addresses was generated between file copying? These wallet.dat files supposed to be identical, but they not?
dfd1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:10:48 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2017, 03:00:38 PM by dfd1

Open your wallet file with notepad and do search for string "purpose" (without quotes)
You will see address after every "purpose" word, this is addresses you usually see in "recieve" tab. Does these "purpose" count match for every file? Do these addresses same for every wallet.dat? You should have exactly same number of same addresses if these two identical backups.
dfd1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:44:37 PM

Okay, you don't read your topic. You have two backups of two different wallets, last one is valid and contain address you recived to your coins. You probably changed your password during second backup. Try all passwords you know again.
OR
if you have two damaged files (due to hdd issues), both copies of same file, try to split with editor supporting hex edit (not notepad) and connect  two different halves. This is highly unlikely though, try to enter your passwords again.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16600

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 03:02:36 PM

In Bitcoin Core, setting up a password replaces all unused change addresses. In other words: after you make a transaction, your old backup becomes worthless. I assume that is the same for Litecoin. I have Litecoin Core running, but never had these problems by myself.

When I search for "error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect" (AKA your error), Google brings me to this page, with a similar problem in Bitcoin Core.
His surprising solution:
I had to fire up the OS on the old HD and run an older version of Bitcoin code - lo and behold, no problems with the wallet at all. Transferred balance to another address, installed new Bitcoin core and generated a new wallet.dat.

Did you - by any chance - switch to a different client version in between?

SnowRoll (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:49:49 PM

Sorry I missed your replies until now.
I'll go ahead and try your ideas.
I did get an error message after reinstalling windows and litcoin-core wallet - so at least one of the backups seems to be corrupted.
I originally installed litecoin-core on April 8th, made the small purchase on the 9th, then, during the 9th i formated and reinstalled win10, and then made the bigger purchase on April 10th.

Edit: I just found in my backup folder a file named litecoin-wallet-keys-2017-04-09-011837.dat
Could this be of any help?
dfd1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:58:08 PM

Sorry I missed your replies until now.
I'll go ahead and try your ideas.
I did get an error message after reinstalling windows and litcoin-core wallet - so at least one of the backups seems to be corrupted.
I originally installed litecoin-core on April 8th, made the small purchase on the 9th, then, during the 9th i formated and reinstalled win10, and then made the bigger purchase on April 10th.

Edit: I just found in my backup folder a file named litecoin-wallet-keys-2017-04-09-011837.dat
I don't know what it is, probably it's your real backup? Wallet.dat?
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:01:04 PM

This is a super dirtyhack solution, but if your backup is corrupted, you could try to

1.: generate a new wallet.dat
2.: somehow open the corrupted file and pray that the relevant information (i.e. privkeys) is still readable
3.: replace the privkey parts in the newly generated wallet.dat with the one from the corrupted backup
4.: pray to Nakamoto that it works

Which parts are the important ones to replace, I don't know. Others might.

…oh, and just to be sure, sometimes, wallets need the wallet.dat to be called "wallet.dat", not "litecoin-wallet-keys-2017-04-09-011837.dat" or whatever. I know, this is trivial, but you know how it is, you search your glasses and they are on your forehead Smiley

Good luck
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16600

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 04:54:22 PM

Try it?
I'm not sure what the Windows-option is, here I would use this:
./litecoin-qt -wallet=litecoin-wallet-keys-2017-04-09-011837.dat
To start it from command-line with the right wallet.

dfd1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:00:08 PM

Well, if you have three corrupted wallet.dat files you probably can try to craft legit one from them. It looks like a large part is not damaged and you can replace unsuitable parts with data from other two files. If you not generated new adresses between backups all three files should be identical, I think.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

Try it?
I'm not sure what the Windows-option is, here I would use this:
./litecoin-qt -wallet=litecoin-wallet-keys-2017-04-09-011837.dat
To start it from command-line with the right wallet.

Windows non-command line way would probably be to rename it to wallet.dat, then replace the other wallet.dat with it. Just keep them all, just in case.

And get a linux machine Tongue Wink
SnowRoll (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:31:49 AM

Just to update that with the help of Dave Bitcoin from https://walletrecoveryservices.com/ my wallet has been successfully recovered.
Thanks again Dave for a professional and trustworthy service. I highly recommend his services to anyone in need.
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:55:46 AM

Just to update that with the help of Dave Bitcoin from https://walletrecoveryservices.com/ my wallet has been successfully recovered.
Thanks again Dave for a professional and trustworthy service. I highly recommend his services to anyone in need.
It's good to hear this thing Wink
Thank God that your problem has been solved Smiley
good luck to you
fitraok09
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:33:06 AM

how length character of passphrase you used, if doesn't more than 8 characters I can help you maybe  Undecided

I can bruteforcing your password if you need
georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

I think it's hard to get it back, good luck to you
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:49:11 AM

I don't think you will really find anyone who will help you with something like that without you having to trust them and even then I don't think that you will find it because the way it works is you need your password. Did you fully sync when you said tour balance was 0 and doesnt the file need to be renamed to wallet.dat  ?
supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:59:09 AM

You people are still replying to this?
As you can see he recovered his wallet already so he no longer needs assistance.

OP should lock and close this thread now!

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
fuckitall

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:26:58 AM

it feels like he made this thread to do promotion of the dave service..If he knew this that he can get his wallet recovered from that service he shouldn't had posted it here

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:46:49 AM

it feels like he made this thread to do promotion of the dave service..If he knew this that he can get his wallet recovered from that service he shouldn't had posted it here
That could be true. But i think he is not planning to do that, as you can see he was posted dave service 2 weeks later after he asking on here and still didn't get any result. This thread should be locked because OP's problem already resolved.
fuckitall

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:18:19 AM

That could be true. But i think he is not planning to do that, as you can see he was posted dave service 2 weeks later after he asking on here and still didn't get any result. This thread should be locked because OP's problem already resolved.

may be  Sad Undecided

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: