Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PPCoin vs FeatherCoin vs NovaCoin  (Read 2524 times)
Chiz (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:41:25 AM

Alright, not gonna lie. I am very new to this site, and very new to the scene of mining, any cryptocurrency, I spent the last week mining FeatherCoins (after it took a weekend just to get me one LTC)...
I have built a whole new rig, well the parts are coming, which will happen sometime Tuesday.

I want everyones opinions, evidence, predictions, facts lol....Which coin should I bother mining AND investing money into, two different questions? For example, Im probably not going to mine LTC, but I will dump money into it before it goes public on Mt. Gox

Everyone says PPC is going to be amazing and it's revolutionary, also it's on the BTC-e exchange so that helps, people also say Novacoin has the highest profit margins but it's a huge pump and dump coin or a huge scam, then I see everyone saying Feathercoin is just a copy cat, but if thats the case, why is it like the most talked about alt-coin on this site lol

Seriously give your thoughts, what should I put my time mining into, in hopes it gets picked...have some reasoning behind it (like the whole BTC miners moving to LTC cause of ASICs makes sense)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:02:30 AM

Barbecue Coin you nub.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:02:35 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 11:34:06 AM by 00400

It's up to you to choose what to mine. Even if someone knew what coin is going to succed, it would be more profitable not to share this knowledge and just acquire as many of those coins as you can.

Altough we still can discuss. I see it like that:
PPCoin (the name, the website...) is somehow not attractive. I think it also lacks suport and info from community and developers.
Novacoin would be probably the best coin technically, but it's was premined. For some this equals for a scam. Also it doesn't even have a website.
Feathercoin is just a copy of Litecoin, but everything runs just smooth, and probaly this is what gives tons of support for this coin.

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
Chiz (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

So really nothing special about any of these coins on a technical aspect? Just BTC then LTC, anything else is whatever. But see I dont know why PPC and Nova and Terra are on BTC-e and classified as "Major" ALTs when Feather has so much love and momentum going here, it's a shame cause I dont want to exchange my feather with people here and get ripped off, easier on an exchange.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:09:53 AM

PISS vs. CHOCOLATE SHIT vs. DIARHEA

Hmm lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Yurizhai

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:10:50 AM

Feathercoin came out like seriously 10 days ago. That's why there's so much buzz. Also scrypt isn't as done to death as SHA-256. There are definitely some different things going on from a technical standpoint, PPCoins are unique. Not sure why they haven't caught on, the name could be one.
Chiz (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:32:22 AM

I mean, I'm only going to be able to mine like 2 LTC a day, Idk if it's even worth it. Feathercoins are fun, but I don't want to waste time mining a coin that will die. PPC, I see it going no where :\
Yurizhai

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:42:15 AM

I mean, I'm only going to be able to mine like 2 LTC a day, Idk if it's even worth it. Feathercoins are fun, but I don't want to waste time mining a coin that will die. PPC, I see it going no where :\

Gotta remember this shit doesn't move fast sometimes. LTC is 2 years old I think. PPcoin is 8 months old.

Bitcoins were 2 bucks when I first heard about them 2 years ago.
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

I think PPCoin would be better served if ppcoin.org looked more clean and professional. I like "different" websites but some people aren't really going to take it seriously when they see that. It's a very attractive coin otherwise, with a real difference to Bitcoin. It's implementing new ideas like the proof-of-stake that will push crypto technology forward, and Sunny King seems to know what he's doing in terms of developing it.
Yurizhai

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:26:04 PM

I think PPCoin would be better served if ppcoin.org looked more clean and professional. I like "different" websites but some people aren't really going to take it seriously when they see that. It's a very attractive coin otherwise, with a real difference to Bitcoin. It's implementing new ideas like the proof-of-stake that will push crypto technology forward, and Sunny King seems to know what he's doing in terms of developing it.

I'm pretty heavily into this cryptocurrency thing I don't think I've ever been to any of the coin's offical sites.

It's really all about community support and getting as many places as possible to accept it.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:04:33 PM

Novacoin would be probably the best coin technically, but it's was premined. For some this equals for a scam. Also it doesn't even have a website.
There is some difference between public premine and private premine. Anyway, this coins destroyed long time ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: