Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost bitcoin wallet.  (Read 1003 times)
j.korry78 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

quick question guys.

i had a couple bitcoins with btcguild and i think i had them transferred to a bit coin wallet but i don't remember the program.

I have all my old hard drives and was wondering what files I should be looking for to get my wallet and bitcoins back...

any help would be appreciated.

so dumb i upgraded my system with a new hard drive windows 10 and now can't boot off the old drives.

thanks in advance!
John
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6737

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:19:00 PM

Most wallet files are named something like "wallet.xxx" or "xx.wallet". If you used Bitcoin Core, you would have a wallet.dat file. Other wallet software will name differently.

ownageplocks

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:25:00 PM

Feel free to send me a PM so I can contact you on a service like skype. It's going to be difficult to assist you without having a streamlined method of contact. You're going to need to start searching the hard drives for key terms. I'll also need some info as to how you created the wallet that you're missing.
davidmccoy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:40:27 AM

Did you try system restore to back dates to see if everything goes back to normal with the wallets?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: