Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd GPU Not Showing Guiminer  (Read 2711 times)
rikazashi (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 11:15:02 AM

Hi guys,

I hate to have to ask for help, but i've exhausted the limits of my knowledge and googling ability so i thought id ask a quick question and see if anyone has any thoughts on my problem.

I am mining with my main Nvidia graphics card fine (windows 7, guiminer, slushs pool (stratum) and eligius) and i thought id pop my old gpu in and use that concurrently (GeForce 6800).

Firstly windows detected it, but guiminer didnt show it, so i updated drivers and still it didnt show. So after googling/reading on forums i found you need a dummy plug or actual output connected. So i run a second monitor through the 6800, its working fine, but it still doesnt show up on guiminer after system resets, updates, i've tried phoenix, and opencl miner (through latest guiminer update) and still nothing. I have found the card on bitcoin compatibility lists, so that should be ok. I'm completely stumped.

I have also tried it with another graphics card, and the same thing happens, works perfectly, but doesnt show in guiminer

Its a long shot somebody can help me, but you don't ask, you don't get. Thanks in advance.

R
rikazashi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:29:56 PM

Second time of asking. Plenty of views but no replies. Nobody have any idea? I'm now running my second monitor through an ATI card and its working fine, but yet again, it doesnt show up in guiminer  Huh
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:45:21 PM

Well I cannot specifically say what or why you are having that issue.  Not used guiminer.  However, you may be able to "work around it".

Can you just open 2 instances of Guiminer and have each run one card?  This would at least get both working for you until a solution could be found.

Alternatively, possibly try another miner to see if your only having the issue with Gui.

All I can think of atm, hope it helps
rikazashi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:40:26 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it doesnt matter how many instances of guiminer i run, it never shows the second card. No matter which card is the primary and secondary. So confused >_<

Thanks anyway : )
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:44:01 PM

• make sure your card supports opencl/cuda
  • go to device manager, and make sure it shows up on display adapters
  • get gpu-z and check that the card shows up on the list, AND the opencl/cuda boxes are checked
  • run cgminer with enumerate device options to see if it's detecetable

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:19:34 AM

Any reason you don't sell both cards and try to pick up a cheap used 5770 or 6770?  It would double your hash and use 1/2 the power.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: