Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mutual Trust - A Ubiq-based Token  (Read 1988 times)
mutual_trust (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:20:28 PM

Is there a signature or bounty campaign?

Sorry, what do you mean when you say Signature?

Bounty Campaign is not something we've thought about to be honest, but I know people don't do anything for free. I can see several open offers here to translate our ANN and Website etc, I've also received several private offers too, so this is something I will discuss with my partner and see what we can realistically offer.

One thing to keep in mind really is that this is a "real world" project. So any MTC given away as a reward for doing something essentially has to be recovered by us on a building project.
So, for instance, if we expect to make 5-10% profit on a project and we were to give away 10% of the supply, we would essentially need to run an entire project in order to recover that 10% (hope that makes sense).

With regards to bounties - What sort of things do you think would be worth us looking for?
Obviously there are already people offering to do translations, what else should be look for? Artwork? Marketing Campaigns?
mutual_trust (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:39:56 PM

Why you put your token on Ubiq network. There is not so much going on there.
Why not use e.g. ETH?

I was originally going to make the token on the ETH network, but as Ubiq is pretty new the hope is that a project like this might be of interest to their growing community.

What is the thought to choose this network the original one ETH is more secure it going more hot. The clone will remain always like that so better choose the original network for this token it has more high chance to grow.

I understand what you are saying, but since MTC is not linked to the actual value of UBIQ (or Eth if it were made on the Eth network) the price of Ubiq/ETH has no bearing on the price of MTC.

In fact, if anything, the increasing price of ETH makes Ubiq more attractive for making new contracts/tokens due to the gas price for deploying a contact and/or sending tokens (i.e. it would cost more to send you MTC using ETH than it costs to send the same amount of MTC using UBIQ).

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 12:09:00 AM

I think, the time of companytoken will incoming faster than we maybe believe.

So...I am curious and follow for a while this thread here!

Greetz
Steve
poulembertus

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

any bounty dev
mutual_trust (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:36:53 AM

@poulembertus, already mentioned bounties, see below "quote", we are open to suggestions.

Is there a signature or bounty campaign?

Sorry, what do you mean when you say Signature?

Bounty Campaign is not something we've thought about to be honest, but I know people don't do anything for free. I can see several open offers here to translate our ANN and Website etc, I've also received several private offers too, so this is something I will discuss with my partner and see what we can realistically offer.

One thing to keep in mind really is that this is a "real world" project. So any MTC given away as a reward for doing something essentially has to be recovered by us on a building project.
So, for instance, if we expect to make 5-10% profit on a project and we were to give away 10% of the supply, we would essentially need to run an entire project in order to recover that 10% (hope that makes sense).

With regards to bounties - What sort of things do you think would be worth us looking for?
Obviously there are already people offering to do translations, what else should be look for? Artwork? Marketing Campaigns?

mutual_trust (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

I think, the time of companytoken will incoming faster than we maybe believe.

So...I am curious and follow for a while this thread here!

Greetz
Steve

Thanks Steve, its good to see someone with your reputation take an interest in what we are trying to do!
testnet.worker1

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:54:04 PM

You don't care about the real use of the cryptocurrency, which is obvious and why you are getting a hard time from us. We are not arguing, we are informing would be ico investor who are desperate to make profit.

Be honest, you guys thought this was an easier way to get a small business loan and don't have to pay back if things don't work out or you simply change your mind. And the real reason you didn't go with ETH is because it would be a hundred times harder to get this started as you would have even more of us pointing out your faults.
kaolin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:53:56 AM

any news or update? 30th of april was the last post or it has moves to another one

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
mutual_trust (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:44:06 PM

No update as of yet, but we're looking at options regarding the ICO/Fund Raising.

Considering the costs of listing an ICO on an exchange (i.e. a decent exchange with good volume) vs creating our own Smart Contract ICO instead, which can be done with the existing token that we have already created on the Ubiq network. Payment would then be made in Ubiq directly to the contract. This would mean we could move from a manual process to an automated one, giving investors some level of confidence that they do not have to rely on human interaction to get their tokens once payment has been made.

We are also considering the option of "going public" as opposed to running things anonymously, but as previously mentioned our accountant and the Fin-Tech people we spoke to previously advised against this, so weighing up the pros and cons of going public.

In the meantime, we've been looking for properties and plots of land, speaking with builders and estate agents in local areas to see what kinds of costs to purchase/build etc will be vs how much the houses are currently selling for in those areas. We've found a great plot which has permission to build 2 houses on it already, 1.3m GBP for the plot, and local builder advised cost of around 400-500k to build each house (depending on the spec/finish). So total spend would be in region of 2.3m GBP to build two houses on this plot, sounds like a lot, but estate agent in area just sold a house (built by this builder on this same road) for 2.2m, so there's potential there to spend 2.3-2.4m to buy plot and build 2 houses, then sell the houses for 2m+ each.

Right now - We have a few things to seriously consider/decide;

1 - Do we go public with our names (depending on the implications with regards to regulations/investment etc etc)
2 - Do we change the existing ICO "round 1" which is currently manually executed and exclusive for angel investors and strategic partners and rounds 2 and 3 away from the planned exchange ICO and move everything over to a Ubiq-based smart contract ICO instead so that the ICO is open to everyone to join.

In addition to those two points, I'm considering looking for a community manager to help manage the crypto-side of the project as we are currently extremely busy with our build-projects for clients and unfortunately they do take priority over everything else;

A community manager would need to help tidy-up the OP and manage this thread as well as promote things on social media to bring in more attention to the project.

Also, if we decide to go down the Smart Contract ICO route, we might need a solidity coder who can write the ICO contract for us to ensure everything is correct and we won't face any problems with the contract or funding.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: