Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty to diagnose additional bounty to fix-Avalon 741 invisible?  (Read 1089 times)
mc162BCT (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:37:00 AM

I've now basically watched the Canaan Youtube video guy on repeat for the past hour since unpacking these and following along very deliberately step by step and just like the video everything looks fabulous even down to the status LEDs going BLUE..

Every previous Avalon (I've owned a few 6s and the 721) the lights go blue meant thumbs up "we're good"

However unlike my previous Avalon's when they went blue they weren't somehow also simultaneously invisible refusing to show up on my network regardless of the number of attempts to run the steps in the youtube video over again.

Ordered and received a pair of the 741's today which I have to say was pretty quick considering I ordered Sunday but that's the extent of the positive things I have to report because I can't seem to get the damn thing to show up on my network.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that they sent me two miners and a controller that left the factory "blank" and I mean BLANK as in no firmware.

Could this be possible?

Likely?

I have no idea but in 4yrs of mining never once have I encountered a miner that wouldn't show up on the network when my router settings are specifically tailored to welcome such devices etc..

Ive run every IP sniffing app I could find in the app store and my working hypothesis would be that perhaps while packing my somebody grabbed a controller from what I assume would be a big pile of controllers and perhaps mixed up the piles of "ready to be flashed" and "flashed" and they packed mine from that "ready but not yet flashed" pile?

I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

DISCLAIMER: I'm an Apple only person all the down to my routers so if please be gentle ;-)

I use an apple router because it's the only one dumb enough for somebody like me whose eyes glaze just thinking about "Advanced Network Settings" etc..

That said I've managed to mine without many problems for years without having to flash any raspberry pi's or beagle bones I'd like to avoid that if at all possible because frankly I don't even own the equipment necessary to perform such a task.

Apple kinda started going without ports and sd cards a few years ago so I don't know even know if could solve this issue if a flashing were to be in the suggested steps to take next.

I've put in support tickets with Canaan but I'm really starting to get the feeling I've got a controller with a blank SD card in it.

Would appreciate anything anybody might have to offer in the way ideas gladly offering modest bounties in BTC
diagnosed $5 solved $50.00

Cheers,
MichaelC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

With the Avalon the miner itself does not have an IP, the IP is on the RPi controller. If you think it is not booting just hook up an HDMI monitor to the RPi and you can see exactly what is going on.

Alternatively you can just download the software image from Canaan and flash the SD card yourself.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: