Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Send bitcoin via email - Free, secure and decentralized  (Read 595 times)
btc_enigma (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:19:55 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 11:29:07 AM by btc_enigma

Happy to announce alpha version of

BTCMail - Send bitcoin via email

How to use?
Very simple. Enter recipient email address, send bitcoin to generated address and then share redeem link with recipient.
Recipient gets redeem code in email which he has to enter to claim the coins.

Try it out here  https://www.blockonomics.co/btcmail

Technicals
Uses split key generation for distributed trust. Basically the sender and blockonomics have only part of the private key but can generate the public bitcoin address.
Receiver has both parts of the private key and can claim the bitcoins.

More technicals/faq here

Love to hear feedback/thoughts on improving the service

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:32:34 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 11:54:17 AM by pcoin

This is a good innovation and technological advancement on bitcoin but can you try to answer the following questions :

Why should i use the email to btc payment instead of the natural sending method and why should i pay an extra cost for it ?

How deep can you or your service be trusted?
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:49:34 AM

This could be a cool service actually, but relies an awful lot on trust.

Who are you and why should you be trusted?
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:29:29 PM

I understand that this is distributed trust and like in multisignature wallets both parties have piece of a full key.
But it is still not fully decentralized service IMO, online wallet providers offering multisignature wallets are not advertising itself as 'decentralized'.
Another question: How can you profit from this service when you offer it completely free?
Koloulinger

Activity: 443

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:53:35 AM

youre service include online wallet or not
system can work all addres or only addres is use youre service

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:15:42 AM

I understand that this is distributed trust and like in multisignature wallets both parties have piece of a full key.
But it is still not fully decentralized service IMO, online wallet providers offering multisignature wallets are not advertising itself as 'decentralized'.
Another question: How can you profit from this service when you offer it completely free?

I'm assuming ad revenue. I guess we'll see once it's out of beta though. It's all automated right? You don't have to wait for someone on the other end to approve with their other half of the private key I'm assuming because that would just be a step in the wrong direction.

Does your service suggest wallets to people? If I send an email to my Grandma she'll never redeem it because she won't know how to get a wallet.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 07:29:05 AM

This may be the latest innovation and it seems strange to me, I just want to ask how long it takes if I do bitcoin transactions via email like this, and whether there is a security system that is applied with this transaction ,,, please provide an explanation
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 11:28:30 AM

Really appreciate  all  feedback, will try to answer some of the questions

This could be a cool service actually, but relies an awful lot on trust.

Who are you and why should you be trusted?

We have been in bitcoin field since 2014 and have been providing various bitcoin services since then. We are well known in the community include /r/bitcoin(You can do  a quick search)

It's great idea and the idea of using split-key address is appreciated, however i still can't trust your service since you could have both private key at your server.
Thank you . To clarify things here:
- Only one key is generated on our server and mailed to the reciever and that too is deleted once recepient successfully redeems the bitcoins
- The second key is generated on your browser and is sent directly via link to the recepient like this https://www.blockonomics.co/btcmail#/redeem?key1=L1aad8CEvKv7LSDFZtH3hiAbsRYJ271mMNkHUqg3uoALb7ViQVRc&bitcoin_address=1Dm4xeqrgJDHsFwg1StevSqG4Swd57EWi . Note that the private key is in the anchor part of the url is never sent to the server. So blockonomics, or only third party doesn't have anything knowledge of this.

What this means is that even if our server is hacked or service goes down, the recipient  can still redeem the bitcoins without any problems. If needed the recipient can mathematically combine the two private keys himself (without any of our involvement). This is the major difference between our service and others like  blockchain and coinbase

Also, I don't see any purpose of this service, i would rather ask their bitcoin address instead.

The major use case of this service is to send bitcoins to someone, whose bitcoin address you don't  already have. For example you want to gift someone bitcoins on their birthday.
Sending bitcoins directly using address is the best and most secure way, we are not a replacement for that.

I'm assuming ad revenue. I guess we'll see once it's out of beta though. It's all automated right? You don't have to wait for someone on the other end to approve with their other half of the private key I'm assuming because that would just be a step in the wrong direction.

Does your service suggest wallets to people? If I send an email to my Grandma she'll never redeem it because she won't know how to get a wallet.

Yes the service will be supported by ad revenue. Yes, it is all automated right. You can try it out right now, there is no need for any approval.
Excellent point of suggesting wallets. Your Grandma is the exact use case we are trying to address Cheesy . We will be adding very clear instructions on how to import private key for each of the major wallets very soon.

Happy to answer anymore queries and know your feedback.  Feel free to play around with  our service

btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:40:51 AM

Bump. Anymore thoughts, would love to know if you find this service useful.

Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:58:05 AM

Nice concept. But the problem is, anyone here who used this site/method ? please review it here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: