Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:39:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jiangzhuoer’s response to WhalePanda on leaked chatlog  (Read 875 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 07:58:49 AM

Note: The article is translated from Jiangzhuoer’s forum post on 8btc , translation of which is released first via his twitter . The debate arise from WhalePanda’s disclosure of: Verified chatlogs: Why Jihan and Jiang want to block segwit at all cost.” – WhalePanda . The debate is heating up on 8btc forum with 67 comments so far.

I’d like to address the article and associated chat transcript published yesterday by WhalePanda, Why Jihan and Jiang want to block Segwit at all cost.
1. The source of the chat log
The chat transcripts included in WhalePanda’s article come from a Wechat group that is used by Chinese Litecoin pools and Litecoin developers to communicate with one another. There are 15 people in the group. WhalePanda selectively chose a screenshot to create the appearance that this is some kind of secret society.
2. Litecoin’s own Segwit debate
Our goals have always been explicitly clear: according to the Hong Kong agreement, everyone agreed to first activate Segwit, and one year after that to initiate a hard fork to a 2MB block size limit.
But Core did not uphold their end of the Hong Kong agreement. After it became clear that Segwit would not activate on Bitcoin, the scaling debate spilled over into the Litecoin community, and there was a push to first activate Segwit there as an example for the Bitcoin community.
As stated in my last article, Why I am Still Not Voting for Segwit:

http://news.8btc.com/jiangzhuoers-response-to-whalepanda-on-leaked-chatlog

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: