Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:52:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need : A Dedicated Website Moderator/Partner - Returns can Be Provided!  (Read 1408 times)
RapeFace (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:33:01 PM

im setting up a site that is like bitcoincharts and simply just informs people of an up to date bitcoin price and exchanges. i have the server and domain however i need someone who can fill the website with content and stats for bitcoins, it must be reasonably up to date and you will receive a return via advertising and donations. this is a partnership and it will be split 50/50.

let me know if interested
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:42:40 PM

So you want someone to build everything and they only get half?  Sounds like a bad deal to me, because I'm pretty sure if they could build the site they could do the whole thing alone.
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:43:55 PM

im providing a VPS and a domain, and i will be helpign with the upkeep as well. its not just them im basically offering money for them coding something. its an on going money source instead of a one off job.
genpayne

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:09:29 PM

I can't help for a few days due to exams, but after that I may be able to.

Have you considered what back-end to use? My main web-app experience is Django but I could pick up something else pretty quickly.
What OS is the VPS running?

My HTML and Javascript isn't great. Ideally you would need someone else for that. I know people that can fix up my work for free, or do little bits for small one off payments.

I'd suggest you work out exactly what you want, then update the post.
If you have no idea, then tysat is right. You are really wanting someone to do the majority of the work. You can get a small vps from ec2 for free so what you would really be offering is a domain name and what at first would be an unnecessarily powerful server.
sfraise

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:17:46 PM

VPS - $10 - $50 per month.
Domain - $10 per year

Average developer's hourly rate - $40 per hour
There is no lack of actual legit well paying developer jobs out there.

I'm a full time developer, if someone gave me this proposal I would laugh, then laugh some more, then just turn and walk away still giggling lol. So you have a vps and a domain, that entitles you to half? If you want someone to take on a project with you then you need to come to the table with some actual money in hand. It's not like you have some killer cutting edge idea that has the potential to make a ton of money, why would someone want to do all of the work and then have to settle for only half of what is most likely a non-money maker to begin with? How are you going to drive traffic to this site once it's built? Do you have a marketing budget? Probably no since you're not even willing to help pay for the work being done. Are you an seo guru? Probably not, otherwise you would know better than to throw an offer like this out into the world.

I see this crap all the time, somebody get's a hair-brained idea that they want to build a site without putting any real time or thought into the idea and having no idea of how to actually make it successful, and then throw some insulting crazy job post on a forum like this or on the freelancer sites. What you offered here is similar to saying "Hey, I have a bicycle, I'll let you ride it to work everyday for half of your pay" lol.

Nobody with any actual talent or brains is going to take you up on this offer, what you should do is Google php tutorials and start learning how to build it yourself if you really think you have a good idea. Then once you get the php and mysql down you need to start learning javascript along with jQuery and ajax, then maybe even dive into ruby on rails so you have options on how to build. Then you need to learn about seo and link building so that you can actually get traffic to your newly created site.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, it's just your offer here is not very well thought out and honestly pretty insulting.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:17:09 PM

VPS - $10 - $50 per month.
Domain - $10 per year

Average developer's hourly rate - $40 per hour
There is no lack of actual legit well paying developer jobs out there.

I'm a full time developer, if someone gave me this proposal I would laugh, then laugh some more, then just turn and walk away still giggling lol. So you have a vps and a domain, that entitles you to half? If you want someone to take on a project with you then you need to come to the table with some actual money in hand. It's not like you have some killer cutting edge idea that has the potential to make a ton of money, why would someone want to do all of the work and then have to settle for only half of what is most likely a non-money maker to begin with? How are you going to drive traffic to this site once it's built? Do you have a marketing budget? Probably no since you're not even willing to help pay for the work being done. Are you an seo guru? Probably not, otherwise you would know better than to throw an offer like this out into the world.

I see this crap all the time, somebody get's a hair-brained idea that they want to build a site without putting any real time or thought into the idea and having no idea of how to actually make it successful, and then throw some insulting crazy job post on a forum like this or on the freelancer sites. What you offered here is similar to saying "Hey, I have a bicycle, I'll let you ride it to work everyday for half of your pay" lol.

Nobody with any actual talent or brains is going to take you up on this offer, what you should do is Google php tutorials and start learning how to build it yourself if you really think you have a good idea. Then once you get the php and mysql down you need to start learning javascript along with jQuery and ajax, then maybe even dive into ruby on rails so you have options on how to build. Then you need to learn about seo and link building so that you can actually get traffic to your newly created site.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, it's just your offer here is not very well thought out and honestly pretty insulting.

Thank you for fleshing out my ideas... I tend to write short things and expect people to be able to read between the lines.

@OP This guy gets it
genpayne

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

See, you are both right.
Then again, I am a student. With only 3/4's of a qualification and not a lot of industry experience I wouldn't get great luck from a free lancing site where I could actually be paid.

I have confidence enough in my abilities that I could make something to a decent standard. On the presumption it never goes anywhere, then I gain a project I can show future potential employers. Whether it is new and successful or not, a well built site is a well built site.
And I haven't had to pay anything for the VPS or Domain Name.

If it ever did take off then that’s just an added bonus.
However, I don't really enjoy actual web-design, more of a back end guy which is why I suggested a third contributor.

These projects have no appeal to any established developer, but they do have their place.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:36:58 PM

Also, I just looked at OPs name.... that's probably an indicator of a not serious person
genpayne

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:38:49 PM

Fair Point. Worst case I can try to sneak a miner onto his VPS to pay for any of my time he wastes Wink
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:04:02 PM

Fair Point. Worst case I can try to sneak a miner onto his VPS to pay for any of my time he wastes Wink

lol do that and i shall personally DDoS you for say, 3 weeks? I Think thats fair. dont be a skid.
genpayne

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:01:58 PM

lol do that and i shall personally DDoS you for say, 3 weeks? I Think thats fair. dont be a skid.

I don't keep a private site and i'm not on a static IP. What would you DDoS? Tongue
Also DDoS starts with a "Distributed". Unless you had access to a botnet how would that work eh? Wink
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:07:02 PM

implying i dont have access to a botnet?
please. dont even try to talk like you have an inkling on knowledge. go back to playing with your bitcoins. non static IP's can be traced and followed easily and its not hard to get into someones machine with a  dynamic IP.
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Also, I just looked at OPs name.... that's probably an indicator of a not serious person

I was also like wha?

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:17:02 PM

please. dont even try to talk like you have an inkling on knowledge. go back to playing with your bitcoins. non static IP's can be traced and followed easily and its not hard to get into someones machine with a  dynamic IP.

You sound like just the kind of person anyone would want to work with!

I'm guessing teenager by writing/attitude.  You've got a good idea, but a bad sense of business.
genpayne

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:32:10 PM

please. dont even try to talk like you have an inkling on knowledge. go back to playing with your bitcoins. non static IP's can be traced and followed easily and its not hard to get into someones machine with a  dynamic IP.

Well the average Joe to be honest doesn't. In fact I find it rather hard to believe you do, especially with you mouthing off like a child. Generally the sort of people that have access to resources like that are incredibly intelligent. You would also have the skill to make enough money to hire a proper developer rather than post here like you did.

Yes it can be traced, but to DDoS you would need to know it constantly. Also, to trace it in the first place you would have to get hold of it.
I can change it in a couple of minutes, putting you back to square one. I also if needs be can set up forwarding through a considerable network which is constantly under attack, so will have far greater security than I would ever bother to set up personally.
No, its not hard to penetrate the average machine, but mine is a little better set up than the average.

I have no idea who you are or what you can do, so I have to use my instincts. I was pretty much the only person who defended you're initial post and yet you make a personal attack on me based around a one liner joke? Grow up.

I do not claim to be anywhere near an expert but I think I know more than you! If I really cared what you thought I have plenty of credentials to prove it.
Saying that, who knows eh! Lets say you're telling the truth! Reckon you can attack my system? Bring it on! We'll see how good this bot net of yours is soon enough!
*Edit. Rather comically I stumbled across this 5 minutes just now http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7174760.stm *
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:01:16 PM

you dont have to be intelligent to create a botnet. all you need is a decent VPS, a expliotkit and traffic. not hard. maybe you should read up on my website
http://www.ghostleak.net
genpayne

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:39:55 PM

So you're basically a script kiddie?
"Prank Calls And Fucking Shit Up ". Now I'm definitely terrified!
The site seems to list a load of dumps that I believe were AntiSec and similar? And lot a lot more.

"I Am A Pro L33t Havij Hacker I Hack FBI With My LOIC You Jel?"
You hack the FBI with LOIC?...

You also have a strange obsession with a hooker
http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=1130293

Tyler lee Donaldson
12 Roffey Park Rd
Paisley, Renfrewshire PA1 3JL
United Kingdom

I believe this may be you!
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:55:48 PM

So you're basically a script kiddie?
"Prank Calls And Fucking Shit Up ". Now I'm definitely terrified!
The site seems to list a load of dumps that I believe were AntiSec and similar? And lot a lot more.

"I Am A Pro L33t Havij Hacker I Hack FBI With My LOIC You Jel?"
You hack the FBI with LOIC?...

You also have a strange obsession with a hooker
http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=1130293

Tyler lee Donaldson
12 Roffey Park Rd
Paisley, Renfrewshire PA1 3JL
United Kingdom

I believe this may be you!

ok so lets get this sorted shall we.

1) my youtube is prank calls a couple i done a while back, nothing strange there.
2) if you analyse the dumps properrly you will see that they are my own and infact havent been realesed anywhere else
3) you must have a bad case of retardation if you cannot pickup sarcasm used within my twitter status.
4) if you follow someone does not mean you are obessed with them.
5) dont get too smug, that is the UK Dox that you can find publically on pastebin. i simply used those details for everything i sign up with. its not me.

nice try, but as always. try harder.
genpayne

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

1) my youtube is prank calls a couple i done a while back, nothing strange there.
2) if you analyse the dumps properrly you will see that they are my own and infact havent been realesed anywhere else
3) you must have a bad case of retardation if you cannot pickup sarcasm used within my twitter status.
5) dont get too smug, that is the UK Dox that you can find publically on pastebin. i simply used those details for everything i sign up with. its not me.

1. Yes, but you still come accross as incredibly childish. None of it is entertaining or even slightly impressive.
2. I haven't got more than 5 minutes to waste on you until you have provided something that vaguely interests me.
3. Yes there’s sarcasm, but again, 1.
4. The software I ran over your twitter (see 2) suggested her as an obsession. That is the sole reasoning behind that one. It also said some rather entertaining things about expected personality traits.
5. Maybe. Again, just some pre-existing scripts run over the domain to see what it found.

It all comes back to this. If you had any real credibility with any of the scenes you seem so desperate to be a part of, you wouldn't be here trying to piece together a shitty clone site with no USP. You made threats which were empty.
And you're just making yourself look like a bit of a tit.

I posted that address hoping it would teach you a lesson / your place. If its not yours then fair play, but the message still remains. Have you seriously nothing better to do?
RapeFace (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:11:21 PM

1. Yes, but you still come accross as incredibly childish. None of it is entertaining or even slightly impressive.
2. I haven't got more than 5 minutes to waste on you until you have provided something that vaguely interests me.
3. Yes there’s sarcasm, but again, 1.
4. The software I ran over your twitter (see 2) suggested her as an obsession. That is the sole reasoning behind that one. It also said some rather entertaining things about expected personality traits.
5. Maybe. Again, just some pre-existing scripts run over the domain to see what it found.

It all comes back to this. If you had any real credibility with any of the scenes you seem so desperate to be a part of, you wouldn't be here trying to piece together a shitty clone site with no USP. You made threats which were empty.
And you're just making yourself look like a bit of a tit.

I posted that address hoping it would teach you a lesson / your place. If its not yours then fair play, but the message still remains. Have you seriously nothing better to do?
1) im not claiming it is, it was done a while ago.
2) considering i have many different leaks from high prrofile sites and things that are very hard to maintain shows your complete lack of knowlege in this feild.
3) mainly a private joke between me and a freind.
4) see 2 also by the way you are writing you messages and trying to look as you know jackshit about 'personality traits' is just a laughable idea, your on a bitcoin forum having an aurgument with me, and you want people to belive you have a phd in physcology or something? xD the fact that i have had 4 tweets to her and much more  tweets to someone like my peer @thisisgame0ver shows that your non existent software is complete bullshit.
5) well now i know your spouting utter bullshit xD you cant run scripts over a whois lookup on my domain due to the human captacha verifacation needed to lookup details. secondly. 

see my point on 2, you obviously are not aware of this feild and so i ask you not to make assumptions on me being desperate to be part of. ive done more than you can ever do and you admitted it would take a individual of high intelligence just to have setup a botnet. please for the risk of making yourself look like an utter fool, stop now.
you posted 'my address' in order to teach me a lesson and make yourself triumphant about finding it thus boasting it with your peers. it infact failed and has been proven not to be mine,

for the initial point though, if i had knowledge in penatrative skills, it does not require me to have web devolpment skills and the time to moderate a site. it would not be a shitty clone site, simply a variation of another site with better uptime. no need to get your panties ina  twist
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: