Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The World's First International Bitcoin Users Meet-up  (Read 5363 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2010, 11:52:27 PM

Let's meet face-to-face....    ( Those of you who are 4chan Anonymous can come wearing your "V for Vendetta" masks and capes...   Wink  )

I heard a rumor that someone very big in the Bitcoin community will be travelling to the USA, and will be in NYC in December...   Things that make ya go, "hmmmmm..."

I hope to meet some of you there!

See  http://www.bitcoinme.com/the-worlds-first-international-bitcoin-users-meet-up.html  for details.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 12:47:46 AM

Let's meet face-to-face....    ( Those of you who are 4chan Anonymous can come wearing your "V for Vendetta" masks and capes...   Wink  )

I heard a rumor that someone very big in the Bitcoin community will be travelling to the USA, and will be in NYC in December...   Things that make ya go, "hmmmmm..."

Nakamoto-sensei?

tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 08:08:30 AM

See  http://www.bitcoinme.com/the-worlds-first-international-bitcoin-users-meet-up.html  for details.

Where are the meetups for other places (if its international)
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 23, 2010, 04:49:46 PM

we have ~1200 board users all over the world.
we have ~60 very active (~100+ posts) users all over the world.
how many do think will show up ?
3 ? 4 ? 5 ?

good intention but this will just end as a fail.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2010, 05:00:43 PM

we have ~1200 board users all over the world.
we have ~60 very active (~100+ posts) users all over the world.
how many do think will show up ?
3 ? 4 ? 5 ?

good intention but this will just end as a fail.

3, 4, or 5 would be success. If I was closer I'd try, but it's just not possible (this time anyway).

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 04:20:44 AM

If one person shows up - in addition to Ed and I - this will be a success.

If you notice, it is planned as a MONTHLY event...  for the 2nd Friday of every month, at 7pm.    There is a reason for that...

We plan to RECRUIT.   New York City is full of people.   People who are in business.    We plan to hold these meet-ups (also) as an INTRODUCTION to Bitcoin.

People who hear about it (mostly FROM US).... will be invited to come... and learn... and share....    Sort of a Support Group for Bitcoin users, and most importantly, for Bitcoin MERCHANTS.

We want to try to develop a grassroots movement... of merchants who want to accept Bitcoin as payment.  If we are able to sell them on all the advantages, and support them with all of their questions, we can start a strong local base of an economy right here in New York City.

All we need is one strong local economy to seed the process.   Then, other communities around the world can look at that, as an example of what can be done.   

I believe that Bitcoin can really almost be promoted like a "local currency".   It's a way that businesses can get new customers that are specifically SEEKING to support merchants who accept Bitcoin.

And, of course, the more merchants who accept Bitcoin, the more credibility and strength... that the Bitcoin economy gains.

If any of you are ever visiting New York, we hope you'll stop by and meet us!
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 04:34:09 AM

I would LOVE to had a Bitcoin users meetup.

But... wrong coast for me Sad

Any one from SoCal?  Maybe we can do a meetup too.

Speaking of local currencies check this out:  http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2009-04-05-scrip_N.htm
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 06:26:38 AM

Anyone in Switzerland?

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 06:39:34 AM

Just start a new Meet-up on Meetup.com

People WILL find You!

Also, don't worry about the $19 fee.   We plan to pass a hat at each meeting for donations toward that fee. 

Meetup.com is actually an AMAZINGLY powerful marketing tool. 
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:16:29 AM

Anyone in Switzerland?
I'm an expat living in the Zurich area. Probably too busy this year to make it to a meet up though.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 11:24:11 AM

Speaking of local currencies check this out:  http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2009-04-05-scrip_N.htm

Also this:
"Which UK towns have their own currency?"
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 12:16:20 PM

Anyone in Switzerland?
I'm an expat living in the Zurich area. Probably too busy this year to make it to a meet up though.

me too this year and Zurich is not just around the corner as I am in Lausanne/Geneva area, but lets keep it in mind for next year especially when we have more people joining.

We can have a day of skiing together in Feb or March 11! :-)

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 12:22:48 PM

Anyone in Switzerland?

Not Switzerland, but south of France... what about a gathering next summer in Côte d'azur?  Wink
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 05:17:13 PM

also perfect. i was in St. tropez last year :-)

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 03:51:40 AM

Anyone in Switzerland?

me too this year and Zurich is not just around the corner as I am in Lausanne/Geneva area, but lets keep it in mind for next year especially when we have more people joining.

Skiing meetup, now you're talking.  I'd consider coming from Canada for that.

Or maybe at the historic Grand Prix in Monaco in 2012.... two reasons to meetup is better than one!
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 09:01:30 AM

Good idea. Perhaps Valais/Wallis as it's accessible from both sides of the country? Crans Montana would maybe be easiest transport wise. I haven't skied in Zermatt yet and would love to go some time this season.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 10:44:33 AM

I would attend a UK meetup if there were two other people interested in going.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 12:12:26 PM

Good idea. Perhaps Valais/Wallis as it's accessible from both sides of the country? Crans Montana would maybe be easiest transport wise. I haven't skied in Zermatt yet and would love to go some time this season.

I love Zermatt. Have skied there before... and would for sure go again!

Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 07:14:14 AM

I'm in Portland, OR, and would love to attend/organize a meetup.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 03:36:49 AM

I'm in Portland, OR, and would love to attend/organize a meetup.

Vinnie, (and everyone else)....

1.   If you are interested in holding a Meetup, set a DATE & TIME, a LOCATION, and an ORGANIZER ....   Then, email those details to me.   email@bitcoinme.com

I will immediately add YOUR Bitcoin Meetup to the Meetup.com site & calendar.   This way, all Bitcoin Meetups can be posted in one place.

2.  We're planning to attempt a Skype conference call and/or one-at-a-time Skype video call...  AT THE December 10th Meetup in New York City. 

This way, even if you can't be here in person, you can till attend virtually.   Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: