Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldsmith  (Read 826 times)
henkcryptotank (OP)

Activity: 721
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:38:58 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 02:25:35 PM by henkcryptotank

Hello everybody, i am a new member, long time lurker of this great forum.
I started crypto only 3 months ago, so i am really a newbie. But i really love it,
and keep on learning everyday.

So to introduce myself, im Hankcryptotank, im 33 and im dutch but i live in Belgium.
What i do in the daily life, is working as a chef, and since 4 years i got sidetracked
as working as a goldsmith.

I think this marketplace would be excellent to promote myself a bit, and to combine these two passions.
 I have a workshop at home and do not have a place to sell my products, other then on
facebook and to friends and colleagues.

So about my jewelry: i work with an old japanese technique, which was used to decorate certain
parts of the samurai swords. It was invented in the 17th century, and is called Mokume Gane.
It translates roughly to ´woodgrain metal´, because the results often resemble a woodlike structure
brought in the metal. It basically comes down to different metals fused together in a special process, and
after that, layers are taken off to expose the second metal coming through the first metal.

I work with a lot of different combinations of metal, for cheaper jewelry i use copper and silver for instance, but
wedding bands i use silver and different colour golds, which i alloy all by myself to get the right colours that i want
to use.

Its a very time and energy consuming technique, but i love it very much!

So, as a starter on this forum i understand, trust is a huge issue. I will post a free give-away to one
of the members of the forum, im still planning out the details :-). In the meantime
i will post pictures of my old and new works in this thread. Everything i post here, is for sale.
Oh, and by the way I do work on commission so if you have any ideas,
however crazy they may be, just shoot me a message. I would love to make some Bitcoin related jewelry  Grin.
Also if you have any questions regarding prices, just shoot.

Greets, Hank

The rings in this picture have a basic component sterling silver,
with different alloyed golds, white, red, pink, yellow. The gold is ranging from 18k to 22k.

This ring has sterling silver, and 18k yellow, red and palladium-white gold.

As you can see, the pattern of the golds run through the whole ring, inside and outside.

3 colours of gold, and sterling silver

Belt buckle is copper and sterling silver

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:46:26 PM

I seem to have made an error, putting the images...

Greets, Hank
guy_wonderful

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Working 24 hours a day isn't enough anymore.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:14:00 PM

cool. welcome fellow. nice rings.
what kind of metals you are using for making those?

henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:16:30 PM

Thank you Sir!

Greets, Hank
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:26:05 PM

what kind of metals you are using for making those?

I edited the main post, thanks for your interest  Smiley
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:44:49 AM

I'd love to take the vouch on this, but I'm in the US if that's too far I understand. Smiley

What type of stuff have you done, what kind of things can you do?

Is it mainly jewelry?
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:18:02 AM

Hello fellow Dutchie!

Those rings looks pretty cool. Awesome to see that you're accepting bitcoin.
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:27:47 AM

I'd love to take the vouch on this, but I'm in the US if that's too far I understand. Smiley

What type of stuff have you done, what kind of things can you do?

Is it mainly jewelry?

Hello,

thanks for the interest :-). I would ship to US, no problems i guess. Just have to look up the prices for insured shipping from here.
I have made cutlery as well, cufflinks, belts, i am working on a protective case for a iphone right now. So i can do some tricks  Wink.

I actually timed this post a bit bad, im leaving on holidays today. Will be back in 10 days, and then i will come up with a contest, and update my portfolio on here. So come back to check on me  Grin.

Greets, Hank
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:40:00 AM

Hello fellow Dutchie!

Hello fellow Dutchie!

Hello,   

dankjewel Wink. Yes i accept bitcoin, gladly even. Its the perfect tool for someone who is trying to make an extra buck on the side, with selling handmade stuff that he puts a lot of time and energy in. The government really wants to squeeze me like a lemon, if i use the traditional way of selling...

Greets,Hank
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:58:15 PM

Hank, I genuinely love your style, and the designs of your work. You appear to be quite a talented goldsmith.

Working with gold in the way you do is quite a difficult process, and therefore your items are quite unique as not many venture down this road.

I like it. I would love to commission something from you when you return, either a 9ct or 18ct Yellow Gold Ring with swirls of Red and Pink Gold. I will give you a ring size at the time.

Shoot me a PM once you are back, if you are willing to undertake this request of course.

Zepher

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:21:40 PM

Hi! Awesome work there and all I can say is "WOW". I just want to post your images here since I received pop-ups while viewing the images (due to hosting). Hope it helps. Smiley

The rings in this picture have a basic component sterling silver,
with different alloyed golds, white, red, pink, yellow. The gold is ranging from 18k to 22k.

This ring has sterling silver, and 18k yellow, red and palladium-white gold.

As you can see, the pattern of the golds run through the whole ring, inside and outside.

3 colours of gold, and sterling silver

Belt buckle is copper and sterling silver
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:59:22 AM

Hank, I genuinely love your style, and the designs of your work. You appear to be quite a talented goldsmith.

Working with gold in the way you do is quite a difficult process, and therefore your items are quite unique as not many venture down this road.

I like it. I would love to commission something from you when you return, either a 9ct or 18ct Yellow Gold Ring with swirls of Red and Pink Gold. I will give you a ring size at the time.

Shoot me a PM once you are back, if you are willing to undertake this request of course.

Zepher

Thanks so much for the response, I think that I could make an awesome ring for you, in pink and yellow gold. You will be hearing from me  Smiley. Have a great day!

Greets, Hank
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:09:07 AM

Hi! Awesome work there and all I can say is "WOW". I just want to post your images here since I received pop-ups while viewing the images (due to hosting). Hope it helps. Smiley
Thanks for helping out!

Greets, Hank
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 10:25:47 AM

Zepher

Thanks so much for the response, I think that I could make an awesome ring for you, in pink and yellow gold. You will be hearing from me  Smiley. Have a great day!

Greets, Hank

Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing from you, when we can discuss the design, quality of gold used (375/9ct or 750/18ct), your fee for such work and more.

I have something awesome in mind as well, I think together we will come up with something I will love. If that turns out to be the case, I may have more business for you Smiley

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:44:22 AM

I really like the belt buckle, Have you ever tried to make one out of gold?

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

The only part that's fun about gambling is when you win. Other than that, people might say the challenge is interesting, and most people enjoy the challenge, but the name of the game is win.
henkcryptotank (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:16:42 AM

I really like the belt buckle, Have you ever tried to make one out of gold?

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

Hello, thanks I am also pleased with the belt. I already made a few, but never in gold. I would only do that on commission, because of the amount of money I would have to put into that. Would be stunning though.....

Ps quick update: me and my wife just passed the border with Czech republic. Its awesome here, great beer Wink. Im keeping my eye on the thread and next tuesday im back in my workshop. Greets, Hank
realbigs21024

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:51:16 PM

did you already have a give away yet. My uncle has owned a jewerly store for about 30 years now maybe something i can show him bro
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: