Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum wallet. Will transaction with low fee would be replace with bigger fee?  (Read 710 times)
dossantosleite (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

Hello,

Question for electrum wallet users.

It's an example.

I make $100 transaction and chose very low fee and TICK on replacable option.
My transaction not getting confirms in few hours.
Can I make another same transaction with much bigger fee in order to replace the previous one and make it confirm?

Would it happen ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 03:08:59 PM

With Bitcoin Core, it's called replace-by-fee and it is possible.  As far as I know, you can't do it on Electrum or most other wallets that don't run full nodes, but I could be wrong on that.

Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:38:33 PM

^^ you are wrong because electrum is one of those wallets that has the option to replace by fee. and i have recently done one. http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

although don't expect your transaction to be replaced all over the network. the problem is that many nodes don't recognize RBF so they will ignore it and see it as double spend and keep your original transaction.

my experience was that it was successful because the miner picked up my higher fee tx fast and that is the only thing that matters.

and by the way you don't have to make another transaction, electrum is so user friendly about it. go to your history tab and click on the transaction and choose increase fee. easy!

to the moon with bitcoin...
dossantosleite (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:59:01 PM

^^ you are wrong because electrum is one of those wallets that has the option to replace by fee. and i have recently done one. http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

although don't expect your transaction to be replaced all over the network. the problem is that many nodes don't recognize RBF so they will ignore it and see it as double spend and keep your original transaction.

my experience was that it was successful because the miner picked up my higher fee tx fast and that is the only thing that matters.

and by the way you don't have to make another transaction, electrum is so user friendly about it. go to your history tab and click on the transaction and choose increase fee. easy!

So to make it successful I need to put much bigger fee, so the chance of success would be high. right ?
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:43:54 PM

So to make it successful I need to put much bigger fee, so the chance of success would be high. right ?

Correct, using a bigger fee would cause the miners to pick up the transaction. You just need to ensure you are using a proper sized fee. https://bitcoinfees.21.co is a pretty good site to see what the recommended level of fees are.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: