Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Free Bitcoin Master Site List (Feedback Welcome)  (Read 702 times)
rdegges (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 03:14:44 PM

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new bitcoin user, and was thinking back to the time when I first got started, and was looking for ways to earn my first few bitcoin. I remember spending a lot of time on google, crawling through the different sites, trying to figure out which ones worked, which didn't etc.

To help other people, I thought it may be useful to create a single master list of all the free bitcoin sites that are working today, which people can use as a reference. I launched an initial version of the site last night, and you can find it here:

http://www.bestfreebitcoin.com/

If any of you have feedback or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm going to be maintaining the site as regularly as I can, and the goal is to keep an up-to-date list of all the free bitcoin sites possible.

I'd love to know what you guys think. Thanks!
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:41:46 PM

It's a nice list but you really do get such micro amounts it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

I originally tried some of these out purely to get some fractional amounts of bitcoins so that I could test the bitchain api as I was writing a php based Payment Processing system using it.

With these free sites you end up with lots of tiny transactions and in order to send any out you have to pay an ever increasing fee which is always above whatever you have.

I believe this fee goes down with time if you let the coins mature but still it's a pain and not worth the effort for what usually amounts to the equivalent of fractions of a penny at best.

Good luck to anyone using these sites but you're certainly not going to get rich using them.
rdegges (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

Thanks for leaving some feedback!

I think most of those sites exist for new bitcoin users who want to get their first few bitcoin -- or for people who are just bored and want to see a small trickle of bitcoin coming into their wallet for fun Smiley

Appreciate your time! Cheesy
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:24:40 PM

Are you planning to list only websites?

In my view one of the most fun and most fast ways to gather bitcoin for almost free (to get started you have to shell out 2$) is by playing minecraft on TheBitMines.

I've been playing for two hours yesterday and two hours today and already mined blocks worth 17% ofthe next payout. Payouts are done in 0.01 BTC increments so I made 0.0017 BTC in 4 hours playing a game. My mining rig is less effective than that.

Just wanted to leave that here.

Other than that your list looks good. I like how it's structured by payout periods.

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:29:38 PM

Such a list already exists and has for a long time, and has many community members checking it everyday to make sure it is up-to-date and safe.

Free Bitcon Sites ( newbie version, including newbie lotto )
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718

rdegges (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:45:04 PM

Are you planning to list only websites?

In my view one of the most fun and most fast ways to gather bitcoin for almost free (to get started you have to shell out 2$) is by playing minecraft on TheBitMines.

I've been playing for two hours yesterday and two hours today and already mined blocks worth 17% ofthe next payout. Payouts are done in 0.01 BTC increments so I made 0.0017 BTC in 4 hours playing a game. My mining rig is less effective than that.

Just wanted to leave that here.

Other than that your list looks good. I like how it's structured by payout periods.

Yo! Thanks for the feedback. For now, I think I'd like to only list the completely free options, this way it doesn't turn off new users by having pay walls or anything like that.

I'm definitely open to adding more categories, however.
rdegges (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

Such a list already exists and has for a long time, and has many community members checking it everyday to make sure it is up-to-date and safe.

Free Bitcon Sites ( newbie version, including newbie lotto )
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718

Thanks! I actually saw this a while ago, but in my opinion, forums aren't really a great place for a good listing of websites. While I like the community managed ones, I think design / simplicity is important, which is part of the reason I built this thing. I think for new users it's a lot nicer to see a single list without reading through comments / etc., that they can just click on and find what they're looking for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: