Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dfinity Network - The Decentralized Cloud  (Read 25288 times)
BTCspace (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:10:22 AM

Dfinity- The Decentralized Cloud

this is a community thread of Dfinity network https://dfinity.network/

MISSION

Build An Infinite Decentralized Cloud
The decentralized cloud will be tamperproof, unstoppable, and will support autonomous systems

The decentralized cloud provides unique new properties that will enable the fabric of the Internet to play key roles - such as supporting the sharing economy, messaging and even Web search - without intermediary organizations. Meanwhile, businesses will be able to profoundly reengineer their IT systems, making them far more cost effective and secure.

DFINITY pursues this in four ways:

COMPATIBILITY. DFINITY extends, compliments and strenghtens the Ethereum ecosystem by supporting EVM smart contracts while introducing synergistic alternative technology. It is not conceived as a competitor, but as a compatible sister network that provides very different properties for those that need them.

EXTREME PERFORMANCE. Novel protocols and cryptography - collectively referred to as "crypto:3" - deliver stunning performance improvements. Transaction finality can be provided in 7.5s on average (50X faster than today) allowing for greatly superior user experiences, and groundwork is laid for an infinitely scalable virtual computer that increases capacity as new "mining clients" join the network facilitating creation of open versions of mass market services such as Uber, Twitter, Gmail (secure messaging not SMTP) and even Web search.

GOVERNANCE BY "AI". DFINITY has taken the bold step of making the "The Code is Law" paradigm contingent upon the decisions of a distributed intelligence called the Blockchain Nervous System (BNS). This has privileged access to network internals and can reverse hacks, restart broken systems, return stolen tokens and freeze nefarious systems, while also updating network and economic operating parameters and orchestrating protocol upgrades without "hard forks".

INTEROPERABILITY. Currently, organizations running private compute clouds must build isolated systems. DFINITY solves this by building on the unique properties of crypto:3 protocols: from the Copper Release forwards software hosted on DFINITY private clouds will be abe to make all-or-nothing calls into systems hosted on the DFINITY public cloud network. This will make it possible for private systems to use public systems as building blocks, and for private chains
 to interact via shared systems such as a public carbon credits exchange.

CRYPTO:3

Private network performance on public networks, and infinite scaling

running farm worldwide

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:13:36 AM

Need local translator sir???
reserve indonesian translations
thanks
BTCspace (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

https://dfinity.network/pdfs/viewer.html?file=../library/an-intelligent-decentralized-cloud.pdf

running farm worldwide
Kuingsudaqila

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:38:46 AM

plan open ico selling and bounty dev

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Powered by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
GolumDeMort

Activity: 672
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:02:00 AM

Hello. Let me reserve the translation of the Russian thread.
keyboardwalking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:09:27 AM

reserve spanish translation please.
derekis126

Activity: 306

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:15:44 AM

Is ICO over? My friends said this ICO has been done, is it true? I hope I have invest opportunity.
a20756079

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:17:05 AM

hi dev.
 :oi want join the ico.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:58:57 AM

The first ICO was for 1 million CHF (Swiss Francs) worth of tokens soft capped which ended up raising about 4 million CHF in valuation at the time.

More info here: https://dfinity.network/donate

And here: https://medium.com/dfinity-network-blog/dfinity-stiftung-and-the-upcoming-fundraising-70318a9831dc

That is now complete. They raised 210K ETH when the price was about 7/8 dollars. Seen the price shot up to about 69 dollars they may take their time for their second ICO for 20 million CHF.
They are already sitting on 14.5 million USD in ETH at current prices, that's without considering the 867 BTC, and 550,000 CFH (off-chain) they also raised.

According to this blogpost: https://medium.com/dfinity-network-blog/post-seed-round-round-up-next-steps-c2aea6e86451

"For those who missed out, the autonomous smart contracts running the fundraising will also later be running a Main Round. The system is fully automatic and DFINITY Stiftung can only delay the round by up to 270 days, with it otherwise occurring 4 months after the seed completed. We expect that a DFINITY test network will be running before this event."

The first ICO was in February so 4 months after that the sale smart contract will activate again I guess in June at some point.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:03:59 AM

The first ICO was for 1 million CHF (Swiss Francs) worth of tokens soft capped which ended up raising about 4 million CHF in valuation at the time.

And here: https://medium.com/dfinity-network-blog/dfinity-stiftung-and-the-upcoming-fundraising-70318a9831dc

That is now complete. They raised 210K ETH when the price was about 7/8 dollars. Seen the price shot up to about 69 dollars they may take their time for their second ICO for 20 million CHF.
They are already sitting on 14.5 million USD in ETH at current prices, that's without considering the 867 BTC, and 550,000 CFH (off-chain) they also raised.

According to this blogpost: https://medium.com/dfinity-network-blog/post-seed-round-round-up-next-steps-c2aea6e86451

"For those who missed out, the autonomous smart contracts running the fundraising will also later be running a Main Round. The system is fully automatic and DFINITY Stiftung can only delay the round by up to 270 days, with it otherwise occurring 4 months after the seed completed. We expect that a DFINITY test network will be running before this event."

The first ICO was in February so 4 months after that the sale smart contract will activate again I guess in June at some point.

so the first round is 210k ETH. How much they need for the second?

what is the weight of first and second round?  it will be valued  100 million USD?
amy1284455127

Activity: 536

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:07:21 AM

I know that this project has completed the first round of financing, followed by the preparation of the second round, the third round .......

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 05:52:37 AM

Thanks for the info on that, not for me looks like sadly. I would personally rather be a first round investor, then the profit FOR first round investors seeing its already over, too ponzi feeling.
Too bad i missed out, looks like a cool project, i look forward to using it when it becomes a reality Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
tiddy

Activity: 272

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:55:32 AM

any bounty project? is this the 2nd round?
BTCspace (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:52:12 AM

anyone know when the project will release the token?

running farm worldwide
rohitgarnaik

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:00:53 AM

Like to reserve translation for Indian language (hindi)

Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:13:55 AM

Dear sir, I can do Vietnamese translation for all items of this project. Please send PM if you want to hire me Smiley Thanks
redhero

Activity: 361

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:44:16 AM

When will the ICO start?
BTCspace (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:49:20 AM

When will the ICO start?

ICO has end already.

running farm worldwide
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:52:40 AM

Is ICO over? My friends said this ICO has been done, is it true? I hope I have invest opportunity.

I think ico stiil not yet run
dfinity coin is new altcoin and new open thread new open announcement
what do you reaseon if ico done, where link old announcement thread if ico selling done
redhero

Activity: 361

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

When will the ICO start?

ICO has end already.
if no ico, why do you open this topic?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: