Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:06:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#2] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! 1 chip = .078BTC = 282Mhash!  (Read 20902 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:22:11 PM

I just want to clarify why I pulled out of this: it's not because I have any reservations against ragingazn. No. I think he's a great and generous person for doing this. The reason I backed out is because I'm in a hurry. I want those chips as soon as I can.

Thanks. Already noted a few days ago.

BTW guys, you can buy and resell your chips in this group to other people!
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:27:57 PM

I just want to clarify why I pulled out of this: it's not because I have any reservations against ragingazn. No. I think he's a great and generous person for doing this. The reason I backed out is because I'm in a hurry. I want those chips as soon as I can.

I've got about 350chips available from zefir batch #3 (6.1btc) and from ragingazn628 (20.1btc) first batch order - willing to unload at cost

Thanks

atcsecure

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:28:55 PM

I've got about 350chips available from zefir batch #3 (6.1btc) and from ragingazn628 (20.1btc) first batch order - willing to unload at cost

Thanks

atcsecure

I meant that people can buy from this group and resell later. Zefir says you can't resell now.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:29:49 PM

You can put me down for 24 BTC worth of chips, maybe more (if i can get money out of places) - can send the 24btc before the weekend
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:39:58 PM

Thanks

atcsecure

I meant that people can buy from this group and resell later. Zefir says you can't resell now.

the chips from zefir will be sent to a DIY PCB project.. any update on your PCB plans?

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:49:22 PM

Thanks

atcsecure

the chips from zefir will be sent to a DIY PCB project.. any update on your PCB plans?

No not yet.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:09:36 PM

At the risk of repeating myself Wink I'm most interested in BkkCoin's board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 , if anyone wants to buy from this group and send to BkkCoin in Thailand maybe we can get something organised?
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:26:58 PM

Of the various projects I've seen proposed, I'm looking most closely at Burnin's, followed by BKKCoin's. I'm not ready to commit to either until we actually see confirmed designs (and recommend others hold off too), but they're both quite promising.

Ultimately, I'm liking the idea of Burnin's "Double Density" option, which puts 20 chips per board, and is scaleable with multiple boards. It'd be awesome to be able to just get some PCB prints, and have the boards built for a group shipment here in the U.S. and then assembled by the end users. I've got a local hackerspace shop that probably has a decent reflow station. I might have to join up and get these things assembled there.  Grin

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Ataxx

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

Assuming we have the schematics and complete gerber files, I have a source that can assemble and fabricate in a matter of days to a week. I will hopefully have more info on this shortly.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:34:32 PM

Assuming we have the schematics and complete gerber files, I have a source that can assemble and fabricate in a matter of days to a week. I will hopefully have more info on this shortly.

Definitely let me know. Every second counts in this race. If my math is correct, and we assume 10 batches of chips shipping in the next 10 weeks (which I think is probably a low number), that's 28.9T/hash coming online by mid-july, JUST from avalon chips ordered so far.

That's gonna SKYROCKET difficulty in really short order. He who mines soonest wins.  Grin

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

ecliptic

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:47:53 PM

10 batches aka 100k chips? I think people had posted evidence of 500k chips being bought?
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

10 batches aka 100k chips? I think people had posted evidence of 500k chips being bought?

I haven't seen any hard numbers, and I don't know if anybody really has. It's all just speculation, but like I said, I was going with a conservative number. It could easily be a million chips, for all we know.  Undecided

ecliptic

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:13:57 PM

Iirc the 'proof' was like 45,000 btc being moved.  It was damn close to the number for 10k chips x 50
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:56:04 PM

Excuse me for the probably stupid question but how do you use these chips?
Sure, i'd buy some but once i have them what then?

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Excuse me for the probably stupid question but how do you use these chips?
Sure, i'd buy some but once i have them what then?

I'm working through the same process now - there's a lot on the first group buy that talks about different people who will be offering their services to add these chips that you can buy to PCBs... it seems like an awesome idea but have lots of reading and catching up to do before jumping in as far as I can tell.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:13:13 PM

Right, i'm gonna read the other thread. Didn't realize it was there. Came from an outside link directly to this thread.

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
lazerpenguin

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:17:15 AM

Anyone have any suggestions on how to attract more people to this group? Would love it if we could get our goal by next week.
stannum

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

ragingazn628, I got into the end of the last group buy (with admittedly a low amount,) could I still get in on this one or are you excluding previous people?  I don't know how many exactly yet, it depends on what the going rate of BTC is when Dwolla finishes its transfer.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 01:37:52 AM

ragingazn628, I got into the end of the last group buy (with admittedly a low amount,) could I still get in on this one or are you excluding previous people?  I don't know how many exactly yet, it depends on what the going rate of BTC is when Dwolla finishes its transfer.

Everyone is welcome. Except scary people. Wink
stannum

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:25:50 AM

Everyone is welcome. Except scary people. Wink

I'll make sure to put on a nice guy smiley face then!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: