Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with stratum address  (Read 1330 times)
LuxBellum (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

Hello, I downloaded NiceHash miner, updated my CPU driver and clicked start. For some reason when I tried registering to NiceHash it gave me the advise "If you are a miner, which is power seller, you do NOT have to create an account" so I would obviously think that I downladed that software for solo mining and power seller. Then... I didnt register, but when I hit enter just by the stratum address set as: stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3334 it gaves me the advice "Invalid bitcoin address click yes to create one" ... wasnt i adviced that i dont need an account? I think that address and account arent the same, but anyways i set addresses from this list https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller and still i am not able to start CPU mining

I know CPU isnt the best option, but i will start buying better equipment later i just need to make the miner start working

Somehow when i access to bitcoin official site it directs me to different services and directly i am not able to create an account at this site so i realize i need to choose a service, for example i choose https://bitcoinknots.org/ and into that page i am still not capable to registering an account

So what do I need? A valid address? Why are addresses of this page https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller not valid?
Do I need an account somewhere? How do I set it? Because I tried the example here gave by nicehash site: "stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3333 -u yourAddress.Worker1 -p" which i translated into "stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3333 -u MY@EMAIL.COM.Worker1 -MYPASSWORD" so whats the correct format then? Im already tired im shutting off the computer and i hope i come back to the forum later to read a solution or... i see there  are several ways to solo mining as for example the bitcoinknots.org directs me to downloading another software which i think is mining software but i already downloaded nicehash's one to start with so... can anyone give me a very noob basic tutorial url?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3427

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:52:50 PM

I didnt register, but when I hit enter just by the stratum address set as: stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3334 it gaves me the advice "Invalid bitcoin address click yes to create one" ... wasnt i adviced that i dont need an account? I think that address and account arent the same, but anyways i set addresses from this list https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller and still i am not able to start CPU mining
It's because you're mixing two different things. When you open the NiceHash Miner, at the top where there's an empty space for BTCitcoin address, you shouldn't post the stratum address there but instead the address that you want the reward to be received (when you reach the threshold).

So what do I need? A valid address? Why are addresses of this page https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller not valid?
Do I need an account somewhere?
"Yes", you need a valid BTCitcoin address and "No", you don't need to have an account (if you'll be using your own rig).

When you download the NiceHash Miner software, it has a PDF file that gives the idea of what you should do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LuxBellum (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:36:30 AM

And how do I know the address where i want the reward? instead of stratum..
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:34:46 AM

It's your wallet address. Not the address of the pool server. Have you created a wallet?

LuxBellum (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:51:19 AM

It's your wallet address. Not the address of the pool server. Have you created a wallet?

Yes i recently did at coinbase.com and the only info i have is a number similar to: 18RajJZbqArbC5n6d8Z6xxxxxxxx

Do i have to paste that as the address ? or how do i get the wallet's address?
LuxBellum (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:29:54 AM

I pasted the strange numbers and letters and i could start mining after benchmark was created.. so... it says rate is 0.something mBTC/day thank you
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:47:02 AM

No worries, glad I could help you out with it. Are you really just CPU mining? Because you will never get anywhere with it except a bigger power bill. Good to see you have it working but please don't waste your time!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: