Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:39:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honest Question, Why Feathercoin?  (Read 1954 times)
Tobius (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

I'm really just wondering why it is that everyone is so excited about Feathercoin. It seems like a legitimate Litecoin clone with a few variables changed, that really exists for no reason other than to exist  Undecided Any opinions on why you all are adopting it so willingly?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:15:21 PM

Honest answer: Faith.

(and perhaps greed).

If they can convince enough people to get involved, they might be able to convince someone to add it to an exchange or make and exchange, and might convince someone to give them money for it and might convince people to take it seriously. Works the same for everything else.

more or less retired.
perhan007

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:16:24 PM

Are thoses 300 opened feathercoins-threads not good enough for you that you had to create a new one?
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:17:43 PM

In order to answer this you need to understand the process for some coins.

Pump-n-Dump Process:

1. Release new crypto-coin. <- done
2. Pump up the popularity.  <- you are here.
3. Dump your huge stash of coins when
    trade prices are at their highest.
4. Huh
5. Profit!!!

Hope this helps.

Wink

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Tobius (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:25:04 PM

(and perhaps greed).

If they can convince enough people to get involved, they might be able to convince someone to add it to an exchange or make and exchange, and might convince someone to give them money for it and might convince people to take it seriously. Works the same for everything else.
So it's all speculation  Huh
Are thoses 300 opened feathercoins-threads not good enough for you that you had to create a new one?
Eheheh, sorry about that
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 08:54:59 PM

(and perhaps greed).

So it's all speculation  Huh
Eheheh, sorry about that

Free market principles which tend to escape this generation.  If you support the direction of a product, puts your money into play. If you are against it, great, no time wasted and focus the passion on what YOU support.  Ultimately, if enough people believe in the coin, a community will develop to support the goal. When I look at supporting any project I need to average how much per hour I'm giving up that I could spending time working on something else. I look at the ROI and go from there.

Personally, I like the people working on different projects supporting Feathercoin. While others spend their energy trying to talk down about this coin and that coin, others are looking to push their passion forward.  Critics are 'cute', they keep us all pushing harder. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: