Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About Ripple Xrp  (Read 2471 times)
loews (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:26:53 PM

Hey guys
i would like to hear some opinions about ripple
i'm thinking to invest big on it since i found that a big bank invest $55kk on it last year
but just now its growing
its worth to buy it? do u think that xrp can hit at least $5?  Smiley
i was watching the graphics and its always going to $0.07 then down to $0.02  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:35:08 PM

Hey guys
i'm thinking to invest big on it since i found that a big bank invest $55kk on it last year
but just now its growing
i was watching the graphics and its always going to $0.07 then down to $0.02  Roll Eyes

5$ a piece whould put it at 190$ billion marketcap, 9 times the BTC current cap.
Does it seem likely to you?
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:37:42 PM

ripple labs owns 80+% of coin supply, it dictates the price. it is a great product but over valued. it isn't decentralized which is why we are all here, so take that as you will.

circulating supply figures are dubious as well.
TraderK

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Here's a few reasons why you should NOT invest in XRP:

1. RippleLabs owns vast majority of XRP and has said they will dump it strategically in order to create a stable price. So if it begins to "moon" you can expect a large amount to be dumped by RippleLabs.

2. Billions are also owned by the original Dev who is allowed to dump 0.5% of trading volume per day. Looking at price history we see every spike is followed by a slow and steady decline to original price. This is because RippleLabs and Founder are dumping XRP.

3. The tech that RippleLabs is working on with banks has NOTHING to do with XRP. Ripple has two different functions, and XRP is used by smaller organizations who don't have the resources banks do. Even if Ripple experiences mass adoption by banks, there is no guarantee this will translate into demand for XRP.

It is a bad investment imo.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:03:24 PM

Here's a few reasons why you should NOT invest in XRP:

1. RippleLabs owns vast majority of XRP and has said they will dump it strategically in order to create a stable price. So if it begins to "moon" you can expect a large amount to be dumped by RippleLabs.

2. Billions are also owned by the original Dev who is allowed to dump 0.5% of trading volume per day. Looking at price history we see every spike is followed by a slow and steady decline to original price. This is because RippleLabs and Founder are dumping XRP.

3. The tech that RippleLabs is working on with banks has NOTHING to do with XRP. Ripple has two different functions, and XRP is used by smaller organizations who don't have the resources banks do. Even if Ripple experiences mass adoption by banks, there is no guarantee this will translate into demand for XRP.

It is a bad investment imo.

1. Ripple labs has 63 Billion that is NOT in circulation. Their website clearly details their distribution strategy with the additional coins. The do not dump to stabalize price you can track how many coins are currently circulating. None have been added. Also there is rumors of a pending lockup of the additional coins to bring further trust that this is not going to happen.

2. Yes the former dev does still currently have some 4 billion XRP. He is legally blinded on how much he can distribute. Coins always have a steady or sharp decline after a spike. .5% daily volume is negligible. 

3. The tech does have to do with XRP. Their plan is to bring all banks up to speed with their Ripple software and have the availability of using XRP as transfers as to not force it on them. They have a savings calculator first page of their website outlining how much banks can save using XRP. Ripple and XRP are married together like it or not.

4. Look at charts, performing great. Lately nonstop news about use cases and banks ACTUALLY transferring via XRP. I feel it is a great investment for years to come.

DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:10:07 PM

Hey guys
but just now its growing

XRP probably will not hit 5$ unless it is FULLY adopted. It's an all or nothing bet. No adoption it will rise on speculation of adoption but that only takes it so far. Adoption and payments actually being used with XRP through the RCL will boost the price up to unbelievable levels. a 200 billion dollar market cap for a company handling international money transfer across the world is not a lot.

Time will tell but considering the hoops they have jumped through too keep things entirely legal and regulating I think it has the best chance of remaining. However it is your enemy if you are against centralization. I don't care I'm pro profit!
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:32:40 PM

Hey guys
but just now its growing

i think if xrp price can reach to 5 dollar is very dificult
because total suply xrp is very big
total suply xrp 99 billion coin, if xrp price 5 dollar, circulation money 500 billion dollar is amazing, is compare bitcoin only 21 billion dollar

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

Yes $5 per XRP would make a company around the same worth of Amazon.
Its possible but you would need most major banks in the world using Ripple for this to happen.

vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:04:20 AM

Read this https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/international-banking-flocks-ripple-chandan-maddanna
And this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.0

And for god sake stop asking questions here, most people here just waste there time.
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:35:10 AM

EACH RIPPLE TRANSACTON USE LITTLE XRP

XRP CONSIDERED FOR SETTLE INTERNATION BIG TRADE, NOT BUY STARBUCK LATTEE FRAPECHINAS

Roll Eyes Tongue Undecided
loews (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:06:50 PM

Read this https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/international-banking-flocks-ripple-chandan-maddanna

And for god sake stop asking questions here, most people here just waste there time.
oh shut the fuck up
do you even know what "speculation" means? i ask whatever i want  Wink
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

oh shut the fuck up

Start move your both fatty brain and ass and do some research Smiley Otherwise, again, YOU WASTE YOUR TIME
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:51:35 PM

use the search function, there are MANY threads that will answer your question(s) Smiley
loews (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:03:43 PM

use the search function, there are MANY threads that will answer your question(s) Smiley

oh shut the fuck up

Start move your both fatty brain and ass and do some research Smiley Otherwise, again, YOU WASTE YOUR TIME
talk to my hand  Roll Eyes
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:18:42 PM

oh shut the fuck up

talk to my hand  Roll Eyes

NO TIME FIGHT, XRP GOING MOON.

BE FRIEND, USE HAND MAKE DUTCH RUDDER

Smiley Smiley Grin
olarsson

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:19:59 PM

People don't seem to understand that use of ripple network is not use of XRP. Banks do not have to buy XRP to use ripple network.
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:56:53 PM

I hope you understood that you entering at a Ripple spike price https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ripple/usd/90_days
Not to say that Ripple will get a price correction, but it is a possibility.

g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:01:29 PM

Banks do not have to buy XRP to use ripple network.

wrong. at the very least, a bank needs to use xrp as a network fee to prevent spam.

also, without xrp as the bridge currency, a bank won't be saving money, which is one of the major incentives for using ripple.

1ofthemany

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:59:09 PM

People don't seem to understand that use of ripple network is not use of XRP. Banks do not have to buy XRP to use ripple network.

The only way to route a transaction between Ripple Consensus Ledger and Interledger Protocol is by using XRP via a feature called Escrow. Ripple ledger's PayChan feature (which is pretty much ripple's "lightning network") also supports XRP only.
kreaninw

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:40:25 AM

Hey guys
but just now its growing

i think if xrp price can reach to 5 dollar is very dificult
because total suply xrp is very big
total suply xrp 99 billion coin, if xrp price 5 dollar, circulation money 500 billion dollar is amazing, is compare bitcoin only 21 billion dollar

Isn't XRP be permanently destroy for each transaction?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: