Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner Starting  (Read 2530 times)
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:48:20 PM

Quick Question:

Once I've entered in all of my information for the GUI Miner, I hit start mining and nothing happens. The thing I think is causing this is that I haven't finished downloading all of the blocks yet. Is that the cause, and when I finish downloading all of the blocks, will it start mining, or is it something else I need to look into. I have entered my username & password, chosen my GPU, CPU and all that. If it makes a difference, this is for Slush's pool.
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

You only need the blockchain for solo mining.

I may be able to help more later, but I'm not at home (on my phone)

K.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 10:15:28 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 11:28:27 PM by BitshireHathaway

You only need the blockchain for solo mining.

I may be able to help more later, but I'm not at home (on my phone)

K.

I appreciate all the help you've been giving me. So then, what do I need to do to get it to start mining?
that_bitcoin_kid

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:39:40 PM

You might need the Catalyst driver for OpenCL. If you haven't downloaded it, go grab it and make sure that the miner you are using is the OpenCL Miner.

It may also be the pool. I wasn't able to connect to Slush's for a few days (haven't tried as of late); you might want to try connecting to another pool if you've tried the driver approach.

BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:00:06 AM

You might need the Catalyst driver for OpenCL. If you haven't downloaded it, go grab it and make sure that the miner you are using is the OpenCL Miner.

It may also be the pool. I wasn't able to connect to Slush's for a few days (haven't tried as of late); you might want to try connecting to another pool if you've tried the driver approach.

I searched the Catalyst driver quickly on Google, and it seems to be only for AMD chips? I have a NVidia. What other pools would you recommend joining?
that_bitcoin_kid

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:10:48 AM

Ah, which miner did you set GUIMiner up with?

And I've been using Bitcoin Pool for a few days. I haven't tested too much else, but they have worked well enough for me.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:13:49 AM

Ah, which miner did you set GUIMiner up with?

And I've been using Bitcoin Pool for a few days. I haven't tested too much else, but they have worked well enough for me.

I set it up with Slush's Pool. However, taking your advise to try a new pool, I tried BTC Guild and its running now. Way to early to tell if I'm being paid, but it's definitely running.
that_bitcoin_kid

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:22:02 AM

Ah, good. I recall reading somewhere that Slush's site was down which made mining through them a difficulty. Unfortunately most of the guides to setting up GUIMiner I have seen use Slush, but oh well.

If you haven't already, check out GPU Caps Viewer to find out your GPU specs. Its more than inconvenient trying to troubleshoot a miner when the answer was there all along XD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: