Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] Is it a worth deal?  (Read 1376 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 05:12:59 AM

Hi,

It's time for me to change my CPU and while surfing on the amazon, I found this

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01IPZYK1Q

I am not sure if this is a worth deal or not. I am getting intel i5 processor CPU without the graphic card at $205. Price is fine for me but never heard of ZEBRONICS H-55 MOTHERBOARD.

I am mainly going to use it for Camtasia video rendering and if possible then for altcoin mining. I will also add a graphic card if needed. Please help me to determine the quality of the product, the price is not an issue.

Best
Dudeperfect
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:18:37 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a worth deal or not. I am getting intel i5 processor CPU without the graphic card at $205. Price is fine for me but never heard of ZEBRONICS H-55 MOTHERBOARD.

I am mainly going to use it for Camtasia video rendering and if possible then for altcoin mining. I will also add a graphic card if needed. Please help me to determine the quality of the product, the price is not an issue.

Best
Dudeperfect
I think you are posting this question in the wrong section. However, to answer your question, I would NOT touch this sale with a 100 meter pole. The hardware is very dated.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 06:28:23 AM

Hi,

Best
Dudeperfect
I think you are posting this question in the wrong section. However, to answer your question, I would NOT touch this sale with a 100 meter pole. The hardware is very dated.

Thanks for the reply. I request mods to move this thread to appropriate section.

Coming back to the topic, yes hardware is outdated but is it sufficient for smooth operations of Camtasia (https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-system-requirements.html)? I can add 2 gb graphic card + 4 gb ram in it.

Let's forget about altcoin mining, I need it for video editing (not 4k but up to 1080).
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:26:39 AM

Hi,

Best
Dudeperfect

Thanks for the reply. I request mods to move this thread to appropriate section.

Coming back to the topic, yes hardware is outdated but is it sufficient for smooth operations of Camtasia (https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-system-requirements.html)? I can add 2 gb graphic card + 4 gb ram in it.

Let's forget about altcoin mining, I need it for video editing (not 4k but up to 1080).
It is very close to the minimum. It should work, but it will probably be slow.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 09:05:48 AM

Hi,

Best
Dudeperfect

It is very close to the minimum. It should work, but it will probably be slow.

I see. It seems that now I have to compromise either on the date of purchase or the quality of the product. Let's see what happens. Thanks for the help though. I am sure it will get some better performance than my current Pentium 4 machine.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 09:13:14 AM

If this is the mobo:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/intel-chipset-Zebronics-H55-MotherBoard-INTEL-IST-GEN-I3-PROCESSOR-Fan-/272551193248

It is a MINI ATX,very small with only 2 RAM slots & 1 16x PCIE slot & 1 1x PCIE slot.

You can do better for about the same money...maybe even less if you find a mobo on sale  Wink

Look for Gigabyte or MSI,my preferred mobo makers  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 09:13:32 AM

You can move this thread yourself. See "Move topic" in the down left corner of this page.

Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 09:46:09 AM

If this is the mobo:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/intel-chipset-Zebronics-H55-MotherBoard-INTEL-IST-GEN-I3-PROCESSOR-Fan-/272551193248

It is a MINI ATX,very small with only 2 RAM slots & 1 16x PCIE slot & 1 1x PCIE slot.

You can do better for about the same money...maybe even less if you find a mobo on sale  Wink

I am not great at playing with hardware and in the above deal, the seller will assemble the things for me. I think I would have no issues to pay some more amount rather than dealing with unsupported stuff.

I am more concerned about the performance (for my video editing stuff). 4 or 8 GB ram & 2 GB graphic card would be fine imo but I am not sure.

You can move this thread yourself. See "Move topic" in the down left corner of this page.

Oops, never noticed in last 4 years, lolz. I am moving this thread in 'Beginners & Help' section. Thanks.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 10:52:34 AM

If this is the mobo:

You can do better for about the same money...maybe even less if you find a mobo on sale  Wink

I am not great at playing with hardware and in the above deal, the seller will assemble the things for me. I think I would have no issues to pay some more amount rather than dealing with unsupported stuff.

I am more concerned about the performance (for my video editing stuff). 4 or 8 GB ram & 2 GB graphic card would be fine imo but I am not sure.

Oops, never noticed in last 4 years, lolz. I am moving this thread in 'Beginners & Help' section. Thanks.

If you are concerned only about video rendering at up to 1080p then a core i5 of gen4  like 4460 being the best deal here, will render you in very good amount of times, it will not be slow as it is one of the best quad core processors maybe a little bit old like 3 years old but it does what you want to do. Try to find a cheap Asus,Gigabyte or MSI gen 4 motherboard, they start with H81 chipset the cheapest one, and get 8 or 16 gb ram. That should do what you ask.

Try to buy the i5 4460 used, you can find it cheaper than 200 USD for sure.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:27:41 PM

If this is the mobo:

If you are concerned only about video rendering at up to 1080p then a core i5 of gen4  like 4460 being the best deal here, will render you in very good amount of times, it will not be slow as it is one of the best quad core processors maybe a little bit old like 3 years old but it does what you want to do. Try to find a cheap Asus,Gigabyte or MSI gen 4 motherboard, they start with H81 chipset the cheapest one, and get 8 or 16 gb ram. That should do what you ask.

Well,since you can't build a PC yourself,your pretty much at the mercy of ebay or PC shops......good luck!!

If you lived in the states I could build & ship ya one or two or however many you need  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 05:24:36 AM

If this is the mobo:

Yes, the launch date is not the issue, I am concerned about performance for the video rendering at this moment. I will try to find such machine online or in the offline market. Thanks for the suggestion.

If this is the mobo:

Well,since you can't build a PC yourself,your pretty much at the mercy of ebay or PC shops......good luck!!

If you lived in the states I could build & ship ya one or two or however many you need  Wink

Thanks for such a kind gesture. I think I should learn some basics of hardware assembling to deal with such situations.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:01:37 AM

You can build it & it will mine!!!(or render) Cheesy

Check utube,lots of info there.The operating system is the hardest thing,need a copy that can go on multiple PCs.I have many,but they are mine  Wink

Start with a dual card build,then make a 4 or 6 card build.As I stated a dual core CPU & 4 gig RAM & 40-80 gig hard drive is sufficient.

Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 12:52:39 PM

You can build it & it will mine!!!(or render) Cheesy

Check utube,lots of info there.The operating system is the hardest thing,need a copy that can go on multiple PCs.I have many,but they are mine  Wink

Start with a dual card build,then make a 4 or 6 card build.As I stated a dual core CPU & 4 gig RAM & 40-80 gig hard drive is sufficient.

Considering my past experience, I think it will be safe to do these things when I will have enough savings for potential wrong moves.

I can play smoothly with software including OS so that's not an issue. I am thinking to go ahead and take help of the seller to do the things for me. Paying some more bucks to expert is always better than burning all the budget in self-experiments.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:34:56 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 12:00:53 PM by Unacceptable

Check utube,lots of info there.The operating system is the hardest thing,need a copy that can go on multiple PCs.I have many,but they are mine  Wink

Considering my past experience, I think it will be safe to do these things when I will have enough savings for potential wrong moves.

I can play smoothly with software including OS so that's not an issue. I am thinking to go ahead and take help of the seller to do the things for me. Paying some more bucks to expert is always better than burning all the budget in self-experiments.

Find some old free PC's (working ones),tear em down carefully & put em back together,practice on old crap so no loss if ya screw up  Wink

Youtube has ALOT of assembly videos watch a bunch  Cool

BTW,all you need is a #2 phillips screw driver & maybe some small torx bit drives.

Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 04:59:33 AM

Check utube,lots of info there.The operating system is the hardest thing,need a copy that can go on multiple PCs.I have many,but they are mine  Wink

Find some old free PC's (working ones),tear em down carefully & put em back together,practice on old crap so no loss if ya screw up  Wink

Youtube has ALOT of assembly videos watch a bunch  Cool

BTW,all you need is a #2 phillips screw driver & maybe some small torx bit drives.

Yes and that's why I am planning to keep my old machine to do experiments on it. Even though my current p4 machine is not even capable of mining cryptocurrency if I decide to create any.

I am learning from youtube and I am sure that my second next PC would be self-assembled Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: