Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:43:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Without Electricity Cost !!! What Do You Suggest?  (Read 1612 times)
Minerthreat

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:08:50 PM

I wouldn't buy a lot of new GPUs because 1.  Free electricity can't last forever, 2. Soon it will be so slow going as to be pointless with the difficulty increase. 3.  Even if your electricity is free, the capacity available in most buildings is going to keep you from expanding your operation eventually and again with the difficulty increase you might not even make back your initial cost for GPUs.  If you can get cheap used GPUs and mine the crap out of them for a while and resell them, that would not be a bad plan. 
navidos (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Life Goes On !

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

I don't understand why I should convince every one that how is the life time free Electricity !

It's not for just one location or building , please just consider that It's free forever !

Also as I mentioned the ASICs will be so expensive as they are right now on Ebay and with that amount
maybe you can reach close to that power.

I can't wait for 4 months for shipping !

kodachrome

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:00:59 PM

If you just stated how or why its "free for life" instead of being so purposely vague and annoying, people wouldnt keep asking.

Also Ive never seen anyone running a 7970 at 1500. I have mine at 1125 as the heat and power requirements dont justify overclocking it much more. Core is at 63c running 100% 24hrs a day. Thats with water cooling running to my household water tank in the attic, so I get some benefit from the heat generated and its not just wasted.. ie heat there reduces heating cost for hot water and central heating.
that_bitcoin_kid

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

I don't understand why I should convince every one that how is the life time free Electricity !

It's not for just one location or building , please just consider that It's free forever !

Also as I mentioned the ASICs will be so expensive as they are right now on Ebay and with that amount
maybe you can reach close to that power.

I can't wait for 4 months for shipping !

You can't convince us that you have free lifetime electricity because that doesn't exist. You have free electricity indefinitely, not forever.

Honestly, I urge you to invest in one or two efficient mining rigs (1,000. - 2,000. USD) and run them in the location that you have free electricity up until the point that they pay themselves off (it may be a while, but without expenses it will happen). Once they have done that, then I would reevaluate your GPU mining situation.

In the meantime, follow the ASIC developments and buy into them when they are reliable enough. See, you're not necessarily trying to have each rig cover its own costs; you're trying to make a profit with your entire Bitcoin operation. It does not matter if your GPU rigs pay themselves off merely off their own mining, it matters if the ASICs can push your cost over the expense threshold.  
shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:10:42 PM

uk college dorm room ftw

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
osamabinlala

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:33:02 PM

Solar Panel from China very cheap Smiley
Barry Hines

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:24:02 AM

haha
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:57:37 AM

You could rent an apartment that has electric included in the rent.

That was my case few years ago - I had apartment with "free" electricity. Okay, well, the rent itself was pretty expensive, so I even those people who used quite a lot of electricity were not a concern for the landlord ...

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
TerryHyden

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:18:13 AM

Electricity costs are more due to the increased labour. For me, the higher than average price is justified by the far superior product. The service would have the advantages and disadvantages of centralization: easier access and no need to maintain the program on your own machine, but on the other hand it makes the system more vulnerable. A friend of mine pays his broker better than average fee per month.
kevcoins

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:00:03 AM

gpu can be re-sold and used for litecoin and bitcoin and other cryptocoin mining. asic is only for bitcoin mining... no other usefulness..
btcoincollector

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:12:48 AM

Upon reading the title to this post I immediately imagined little "mining rigs" perched high in the trees.  Screw windmills, I want a solar-powered bitcoin farm.
navidos (OP)

Life Goes On !

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:17:02 PM

If you just stated how or why its "free for life" instead of being so purposely vague and annoying, people wouldnt keep asking.

Also Ive never seen anyone running a 7970 at 1500. I have mine at 1125 as the heat and power requirements dont justify overclocking it much more. Core is at 63c running 100% 24hrs a day. Thats with water cooling running to my household water tank in the attic, so I get some benefit from the heat generated and its not just wasted.. ie heat there reduces heating cost for hot water and central heating.

I changed the 7970 BIOS to the GHz edition which is released by AMD officially but Windows got stuck as soon as mining started.

Now I bought 2x 7970 XFX GHz edition that will be overclocked till 1500Mhz by Catalyst but same issue !

CGMINER just working with maximum 1125 MHz otherwise Windows will hang !!!

Really don't get the point here Sad
navidos (OP)

Life Goes On !

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

As soon as I increase the MHz from 1125 to anything above, driver get stopped !

I have 1000W power and 2x 7970 XFX Ghz Edition Sad

The funny part is when I connect the CrossFire, first one get lower and gives me around 500 Mega Hash per sec and second GPU gives me 680 M hash per sec !!!!

And when I disconnect the CrossFire, everything gets reverse !
navidos (OP)

Life Goes On !

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

If the ASICs comes out then those guys with 50 or 100 GPUs , what they do?

Maybe some guys don't like to find any competitors on GPU mining Smiley
Thracky

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:33:06 PM

If you want to continue investing in GPUs, you better start mining litecoin and watching the other altcoins closely.  Knowing which coin is more profitable on a daily basis is important and will maximize your profits.

navidos (OP)

Life Goes On !

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:21:59 AM

When do you think ASICs get the market?

If they get it what would the price though ?

As long as my electricity is free of charge, wouldn't be useful to have GPUs ! I was considering about the ASICs price that
for sure will increase hugely !
josiasrdz

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:58:51 AM

Stealing isn't the same as "free", not judging just saying Roll Eyes

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
tecnocris

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:49:51 AM

If you want to continue investing in GPUs, you better start mining litecoin and watching the other altcoins closely.  Knowing which coin is more profitable on a daily basis is important and will maximize your profits.

Litecoin profitability had dropped quite a bit just in the last week alone.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Even though electricity might not be a "cost" in terms of money coming out of your (conventional) wallet, it still does make sense for me to optimize things.  I.e. to have cards / systems that do not consume too much power unnecessarily, that do not create too much heat in the room for nothing, and that don't create too much pollution as a consequence.  Wink
navidos (OP)

Life Goes On !

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:14:58 PM

Stealing isn't the same as "free", not judging just saying Roll Eyes

Better don't say that !

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: