Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2CC - Convert Bitcoins into a Virtual VISA Card Instantly!  (Read 32745 times)
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 01:43:51 AM

I think I may be able to set one up for us US ppl. I'm thinking I'd provide an actual card, though. I could email the numbers almost instantly, then send the card in the mail.

I can do that for Australians. I can buy them at the post office . Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Madhatter (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 01:58:53 AM

Hey.. wait a second!!!

What if we cloned this site for Australia and the USA?

We don't need to compete. Personally, I see this as a public service. The more of these systems we have in place, the better.

What do you guys think?
AgoraMutual

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2010, 02:33:14 AM

Sounds good to me.  

I don't currently see an easy way to get $ out to pay for the inventory I need in my offline service business. Unless someone is able to start selling me Virgin and/or Used Motor Oil for BTC. So, I'd rather not compete with you or anyone to provide financial services. I'm more of a work-with-my hands kind of guy. I make and fix things. I do web design but I got bored with it a long time ago.

I'm trying to think of hard goods to sell. I just know that it would be easy to go out and buy prepaid Visa cards, set up a Joomla/VirtueMart site, and mail off the cards to who ever buys them.
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 02:33:33 AM

Hey.. wait a second!!!

We don't need to compete. Personally, I see this as a public service. The more of these systems we have in place, the better.

What do you guys think?

Im game.The beauty of it is we dont have to post cash to Canada   Smiley

The only difference is the cards cost $5.95 from the post office. The price you pay for anonymity?  Cheesy

Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 02:41:21 AM

Sounds good to me.  

I don't currently see an easy way to get $ out to pay for the inventory I need in my offline service business. Unless someone is able to start selling me Virgin and/or used motor oil for BTC. So, I'd rather not compete with you or anyone to provide financial services. I'm more of a work-with-my hands kind of guy. I make and fix things. I do web design but I got bored with it a long time ago.

I'm trying to think of hard goods to sell. I just know that it would be easy to go out and buy prepaid Visa cards, set up a Joomla/VirtueMart site, and mail off the cards to who ever buys them.

I have a site we could use. Well its a bare joomla install I havent figured out what to do with. See http://bitcoin.me Mike Gogulski has already created a virtuemart plugin for bitcoin http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841.0 so we could use it and help him test it out on a live site. Im not a web designer.  Cheesy

The other thing I can get fairly easily are itunes cards. I imagine you can get them from supermarkets anywhere in the world. I can also do coles gift cards which are the largest supermarket chain in Australia...

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 02:54:46 AM

Okay, great.

The current system is a very very small set of PHP scripts with a MySQL backend. You guys will either have to setup some hosting (I'm currently using a VPS at link2voip, and a privacyshark domain.. lol.. all paid for with BTC) and a domain name or you'll have to trust me to host it for you. Either way the desired effect is virtually the same. (Probably best if you hosted it.. distributed, distributed, distributed... lol)

We should cross-promote the sites too. "For USD Cards click here" or something like that. Perhaps just a pulldown menu with currencies and a "take me there" button.

The site is tied in with mybitcoin and I have the mybitcoin account setup to just bounce the coins to my main wallet here. So each of you will need a mybitcoin account with a similar setup. I can set this up for you and let you login and change the password to lock me out of it.

I spent an entire day coding this system so I'd like to be compensated for my time in building the initial system -- payable in Bitcoins of course. My compensation was supposed to eventually be made from the commissions on the cards. A dream that won't be realized if the market is about to fragment. I also understand that fragmenting this is a very good thing for the community.

After compensation/setup it's basically a free for all. You can redistribute the software to your heart's content. Also I will provide all of the support required to install and setup the software and get each of you up and running independently. You are likely to run into different snags getting setup and I promise to iron them all out. Smiley

Do we have an accord?
AgoraMutual

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2010, 02:58:32 AM

Yeah, I donated 100 to MikeG when he finished the Joomla mod. He has a Drupal mod, too. I keep up with him on FB. He mentioned on FB that he sold some Zimbabwe cash and that's what made me come back to the forums here. I've done a few Joomla sites. I used it for our clothing store in California. It was a great platform until my partner spent all of the operating cash on personal expenses.

I'll keep an eye on what you guys decide to do and help out however I can.
AgoraMutual

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2010, 03:07:06 AM

A dream that won't be realized if the market is about to fragment.

Where is the best place to read about this fragmentation and it's effects? I'm not 100% up to speed yet.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 03:16:15 AM

Fragment? Oh, I was talking about the Bitcoin to virtual credit card market. Tongue

Okay, we should probably talk via PM and get this stuff rolling.
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 03:39:44 AM

Fragment? Oh, I was talking about the Bitcoin to virtual credit card market. Tongue

Okay, we should probably talk via PM and get this stuff rolling.

Agreed. I have some hosting already...most likely the virtual card code  will be on a subdomain at http://you.bitcoin.me     Cheesy

Lets set it up.

Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 03:43:46 AM

A dream that won't be realized if the market is about to fragment.

Where is the best place to read about this fragmentation and it's effects? I'm not 100% up to speed yet.

He probably means you dont want to combine the two things...gift cards and visa cards.

They are both similar but different things.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 03:56:13 AM

Agreed. I have some hosting already...most likely the virtual card code  will be on a subdomain at http://you.bitcoin.me     Cheesy

Lets set it up.

Okay, email me your server details and I'll get something installed.
AgoraMutual

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2010, 04:12:56 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2010, 04:24:14 AM by Agora

I've been reading about possible parallel Bitcoin networks. I thought you knew something about it that I didn't.

Either way, like I said, I'm not quite ready to get into this market so your US business is safe for now. I don't have $$ laying around that I can tie up in BTC since I have another business to run and I just got hit with a massive tax bill from California. I'll keep an eye on how things work out for you two, though.
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 11:16:06 AM

I've been reading about possible parallel Bitcoin networks. I thought you knew something about it that I didn't.

Either way, like I said, I'm not quite ready to get into this market so your US business is safe for now. I don't have $$ laying around that I can tie up in BTC since I have another business to run and I just got hit with a massive tax bill from California. I'll keep an eye on how things work out for you two, though.

They really screw you to the wall dont they? I was thinking a simple webshop where people could exchange any gift cards for bitcoins wouldn't rely on having stock at all untill people placed an order. I dont think there are enough bitcoin users to automate things at this moment.
http://www.card9.com/giftcard-api.asp
  This site lets you create your own gift cards. This would allow any merchant who sells products for bitcoins to create their own gift cards that people can redeem on their site.

I sent you a pm madhatter.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 12:24:37 PM

Lol!

Card9 is funny. The cards are not backed by Visa or Mastercard so they're useless in my opinion. It's basically a loyalty card program.

I have a meeting at my bank later today to see if I can get US$ Visa numbers.
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 12:48:14 PM

Lol!

Card9 is funny. The cards are not backed by Visa or Mastercard so they're useless in my opinion. It's basically a loyalty card program.

I have a meeting at my bank later today to see if I can get US$ Visa numbers.

Thats why they call them gift cards and not credit cards. Tongue

Your bank letting you sell visa cards is a momentous thing by itself. Who did you have to speak to for that?
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 12:59:08 PM

A friend of mine is a large commercial banking customer. I was able to persuade him to use his leverage and his bank accounts. It's all about who you know. Smiley

Sure, I could have used gift cards but the prices for them are way too high. It's really the difference between paying retail and paying wholesale.

Anyway... I digress... lol
Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 01:03:41 PM

A friend of mine is a large commercial banking customer. I was able to persuade him to use his leverage and his bank accounts. It's all about who you know. Smiley

Sure, I could have used gift cards but the prices for them are way too high. It's really the difference between paying retail and paying wholesale.

Anyway... I digress... lol

Fair enough. Whatever you're doing...keep doing it.  Smiley
morpheus

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 02:11:06 PM

If you still need a US partner, I'm interested.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 04:24:14 PM

Okay, I'll add you to my list. Smiley

I want to wait until I see if I can get US$ numbers or not first.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: