Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:25:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2CC - Convert Bitcoins into a Virtual VISA Card Instantly!  (Read 32740 times)
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 08:53:15 PM

@madhatter:
Do your cards work on Amazon.co.uk ?

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Madhatter (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 09:18:05 PM

Yes, as far as I know.

The only thing I'm not sure is if they work with PayPal or not. Huh
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 09:33:07 PM

Yes, as far as I know.
Great, then I will use your service to get some UK import games now hrhr  Cool

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 09:38:21 PM

@Madhatter

this is a great breakthrough! chapeau!

one question.. what do you do with all the bitcoins go are getting?

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 09:50:10 PM

$50.00 Virtual VISA®
Are these 50 USD oder 50 CAD ?

And are there sites that provide GBP ?

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 09:51:37 PM

I hoard them until Bitcoin fails! Bwhahaha! j/k Tongue

I sell them on Bitcoin 4 Cash.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:09:57 PM

Check the FAQ on the site. It'll answer all of your questions.

Cheers! Smiley
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:10:49 PM

I hoard them until Bitcoin fails! Bwhahaha! j/k Tongue

I sell them on Bitcoin 4 Cash.

great! you are a true BTC economist  (I mean this positive!) thanks

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:17:22 PM

Check the FAQ on the site. It'll answer all of your questions.

Cheers! Smiley

That's why the question came up to me.

What currency are the cards denominated in?

Due to banking regulations the cards must be denominated in Canadian Dollars. View the Canadian to US Dollar exchange rate here.

Does that mean, I pay 50 USD and get 50,525 CAD or do I pay 50 CAD and get 50 CAD ?

EDIT: forget it ;P

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:20:11 PM

The cards are priced internally as CAD$ then converted to BTC.

So, to answer your question you are technically paying CAD to get CAD. Smiley
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 12:56:48 AM

Hey guys,

Just an update. After talking to the banks in great detail (Yes, they're open. We already had our Thanksgiving up here. We can't wait for turkey. Tongue) I came to the following conclusions:

If I sell reloadable cards or sell US$ cards I have to collect everyone's identification, keep it on file, and submit it to Visa. There are also a pile of other KYC regulations I'd have to comply with once I even touch US$. If I touch US$ I have to comply with US laws by proxy. The USA has a lot more laws regarding this sort of stuff than Canada does.

Now for some good news:

1. I just refilled the card inventory again. I was running low -- again. Tongue

2. I am now able to load cards up to $500 instead of $100. I am in the process of getting $250 and $500 cards. The higher priced cards make the fees a lot easier to swallow. I might discontinue the $25 card in the near future for this reason. Thoughts?

3. I am under a pile of paperwork right now to get setup as a high volume reseller. Once this happens my costs will go way down and I'll pass the savings onto the customer. I'll likely just match the retail price.

Cheers!
The Madhatter
Anonymous

November 25, 2010, 01:14:24 AM

Hey guys,

Just an update. After talking to the banks in great detail (Yes, they're open. We already had our Thanksgiving up here. We can't wait for turkey. Tongue) I came to the following conclusions:

If I sell reloadable cards or sell US$ cards I have to collect everyone's identification, keep it on file, and submit it to Visa. There are also a pile of other KYC regulations I'd have to comply with once I even touch US$. If I touch US$ I have to comply with US laws by proxy. The USA has a lot more laws regarding this sort of stuff than Canada does.

Now for some good news:

1. I just refilled the card inventory again. I was running low -- again. Tongue

2. I am now able to load cards up to $500 instead of $100. I am in the process of getting $250 and $500 cards. The higher priced cards make the fees a lot easier to swallow. I might discontinue the $25 card in the near future for this reason. Thoughts?

3. I am under a pile of paperwork right now to get setup as a high volume reseller. Once this happens my costs will go way down and I'll pass the savings onto the customer. I'll likely just match the retail price.

Cheers!
The Madhatter

Stupid laws are stupid. They are only there to protect the existing businesses from competition.
Its funny that they fought a war to get rid of a ruler then voluntarily created their own emporer.(the federal gov.)  Cheesy

I bet its easier to get prepaid visa cards denominated in rubles than in US dollars!

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:20:51 AM

Stupid laws are stupid. They are only there to protect the existing businesses from competition.
Its funny that they fought a war to get rid of a ruler then voluntarily created their own emporer.(the federal gov.)  Cheesy

Yeah, it's hilarious!  BTW, Canada never bothered to get rid of their first emperor.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:36:11 AM

@noagendamarket: I completely agree.

Canada's emperor is Sandy McTire. He's my hero. Tongue
Anonymous

November 25, 2010, 01:54:59 AM

Yeah, it's hilarious!  BTW, Canada never bothered to get rid of their first emperor.

Her son wants to be reincarnated as a tampon. Cheesy

Might be better having one mad ruler than 500 power hungry freaks. At least they know they can never get the top job lol
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 02:12:21 AM

I just received an email from a guy who moved Bitcoins into Bitcoin2CC and used the card number to top up his prepaid cell phone. He told me it worked brilliantly. I like positive feedback! Smiley

Oh crap.. I'm running low on card numbers again.. eek!
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 03:08:41 AM

I just received an email from a guy who moved Bitcoins into Bitcoin2CC and used the card number to top up his prepaid cell phone. He told me it worked brilliantly. I like positive feedback! Smiley

Oh crap.. I'm running low on card numbers again.. eek!

Wait!  Does anyone know if Virgin Mobile accepts Canadian Dollars?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 03:09:31 AM

Her son wants to be reincarnated as a tampon. Cheesy

From my understanding, that wouldn't much of a change from his lifestyle now.

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 03:13:21 AM

Wait!  Does anyone know if Virgin Mobile accepts Canadian Dollars?

We have Virgin Mobile in Canada.

Maybe you can give them a call and see? Hmm...
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 09:17:21 AM

I wouldn't abandon the small value cards if I were you. Make them proportionally more expensive if that's the case, but leave the option for those who are not very comfortable with putting a lot of money in a prepaid credit card, like people who fear being stolen, or who still don't trust your business well enough...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: