Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2CC - Convert Bitcoins into a Virtual VISA Card Instantly!  (Read 32745 times)
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 09:55:39 AM

Just bought a $100  virtual card.   The process was quick and easy.

I'm looking forward to buy some stuffs with that.  I hope it will work fine.

Thanks again Madhatter !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jorgen
VIP

Activity: 113
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 10:16:32 AM

Dear Madhatter,
Your service is the best!
I received virtual Visa $100, but I don't want to register on the site. I just tryed to transfer all balance to my Liqpay account but I forget that because of the security measures Liqpay demand that cardholder's cell phone is from the same country as the card is.So I can only use it for online purchases. But if you can help me to transfer all or part of balance of my virtual Visa using yours or someone else mobile from Canada I would be happy! If you decide to help me in this matter PM me and I will securely email you my CC info and my cell phone I use for Liqpay .
tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 10:40:43 AM

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce the latest Madhatter site!

Bitcoin 2 Credit Card

This site will enable anyone to sell me their Bitcoins for a virtual credit card.

Best of all: it is 100% automated. Cheesy

Please use this thread to post suggestions, comments, and other 'beefs' with the service.

Enjoy!
The Madhatter

Do you need to register the card first?
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2010, 12:00:14 PM

Just one question : what's your business model ? As I understand it, you are currently spending dollars and receiving bitcoins. How would you make the reverse operation ?

The Madhatter (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:18:44 PM

I wouldn't abandon the small value cards if I were you. Make them proportionally more expensive if that's the case, but leave the option for those who are not very comfortable with putting a lot of money in a prepaid credit card, like people who fear being stolen, or who still don't trust your business well enough...

Okay. Thanks for your valued input. Smiley
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:23:07 PM

Dear Madhatter,
Your service is the best!
I received virtual Visa $100, but I don't want to register on the site. I just tryed to transfer all balance to my Liqpay account but I forget that because of the security measures Liqpay demand that cardholder's cell phone is from the same country as the card is.So I can only use it for online purchases. But if you can help me to transfer all or part of balance of my virtual Visa using yours or someone else mobile from Canada I would be happy! If you decide to help me in this matter PM me and I will securely email you my CC info and my cell phone I use for Liqpay .

Well, thank you. Smiley That comment made my day! Smiley

You should be able to register the card to your country by using an address in your area. Or, you can optionally use a VoIP phone number in Canada. Some of them can do SMS now. (I don't know if you need SMS to make it Liqpay work; I've never used it before.)
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:24:51 PM

Just one question : what's your business model ? As I understand it, you are currently spending dollars and receiving bitcoins. How would you make the reverse operation ?

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=1895.msg24165#msg24165
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 01:26:59 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2010, 01:52:13 PM by The Madhatter

Do you need to register the card first?

No. The virtual card numbers work right "out of the box". Bitcoin2CC activates them upon purchase automatically.

Registration is only useful when you are making purchases online from stores that do address verification.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 02:18:25 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2010, 03:47:40 PM by grondilu

I finally managed to pay for my Vim and Debian T-shirts on freewear.org.

I had to create a paypal account though  Sad

But I very much prefer giving Paypal a virtual card, rather than my "hard" card number.

Seriously what you've done is great, Madhatter.  You might have a serious business model and financial activity, there.

In conjonction with your bitcoin4cash service, this just kicks ass !

Do you have any idea if this could be done in Europe, too ?

If you need a financial partner to make similar services in euros and in Europe, let me know.  If you need investors to help you get some funds, let me know as well.

Also, could you explain this ?  (it's from your FAQ)

<<
    How do I check the balance of my card? / How do I activate the
    card? / How do I set the name/address on the card for online/telephone
    use?

Due to the fact that we use more than one bank these details are revealed
    after your purchase has been made.
    >>

For instance I've just bought for about CAD$70 of T-shirts.  Now I should have about CAD$30 left on my balance.

I'd like to make sure of this in order to sell the remaining amount against bitcoins.

Edit.

OMG this is so cool !   I've managed to credit my shareholding account of EUR20 (a little less than CAD$30) directly using this.

This is great.  I guess now my balance is about EUR2.2.  What would happen if I try to transfer 10 ?  I guess the paiement would just be refused, right ?

Edit again.  Ok I get it !  I can check the balance here :  www.mybalance.ca

OMG this is really a great stuff !  Damned it Canada is quite a liberal country !!

The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 01:35:23 AM

But I very much prefer giving Paypal a virtual card, rather than my "hard" card number.

Nice to know the cards work on PayPal. I swore them as my mortal enemy years ago, so I didn't test it.

In conjonction with your bitcoin4cash service, this just kicks ass !

I do trades in both directions now; each and every day. Smiley

Do you have any idea if this could be done in Europe, too ?

It's possible. However, I don't have any connections there.

If you need a financial partner to make similar services in euros and in Europe, let me know.  If you need investors to help you get some funds, let me know as well.

... Ask and ye shall receive. Send me an email. Smiley

This is great.  I guess now my balance is about EUR2.2.  What would happen if I try to transfer 10 ?  I guess the paiement would just be refused, right ?

Yup. Spend until the # no longer works and discard. If you need more credit, you just purchase a new number.

Now if only I could keep up with demand better. I'm selling them as fast as I refill them. I'm only getting card numbers in small quantities because I still consider the service to be in 'beta'.

Cheers! Smiley
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 12:41:01 PM

... Ask and ye shall receive. Send me an email. Smiley

Done.  Basically I'm just offering to provide euros and bitcoins in order to add EUR/BTC exchange to your website.

bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 11:04:24 PM

Possible to get a custom amount done as I need 25.81 USD on a Visa card and I don't want to pay for 50 USD.

Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 11:41:17 PM

Possible to get a custom amount done as I need 25.81 USD on a Visa card and I don't want to pay for 50 USD.

I don't know if this helps or not...  but whenever I have excess value left on a pre-paid Visa card...  I simply pay my phone bill with the remaining balance.   It's a bill that I will always have to pay anyway... and they will accept a payment in any amount.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 12:25:11 AM

No, sorry.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 04:46:44 PM

I've just received my Vim and Debian T-shirts that I bought thanks to this service.

This is very cool  Smiley

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 06:30:24 AM

I wish there were a way to get a Visa card that automatically refills it's value from Bitcoin.  Smiley
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2010, 07:03:58 AM

I wish there were a way to get a Visa card that automatically refills it's value from Bitcoin.  Smiley

Are there refillable Visa gift cards? It would be so amazing.

If Mtgox or someone implemented this and it had low fees I would convert most of my cash savings and just spend off of there as needed.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
The Madhatter (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 07:15:37 AM

Nope. Gift cards will never be refillable.

Refillable cards require the seller to comply with KYC regulations. (Take ID, your blood, your house, we want it all... we want your soul!.. damn that song is still in my head! Haha!)

If Mtgox or someone implemented this and it had low fees I would convert most of my cash savings and just spend off of there as needed.

Tell Jed to integrate Paxum and Payoneer already. Jeeze! Wink
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 08:30:28 AM

What's Paxum and Payuneer??

Western Union on Broadway near Times Square sells refillable MasterCard / Visa cards. 

They are definitely refillable.  They definately ask for a name and social security number.  I think they might ask for ID too. 

There are charges imposed for every time you "refill" the card. 

Honestly, I don't know what the difference is... between one of those cards and a checking account + Visa debit card.

I wonder if one of those cards can be purchased by party A, and subsequently refilled by party B...?
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 08:47:59 AM

Nope. Gift cards will never be refillable.

Refillable cards require the seller to comply with KYC regulations. (Take ID, your blood, your house, we want it all... we want your soul!.. damn that song is still in my head! Haha!)

Tell Jed to integrate Paxum and Payoneer already. Jeeze! Wink

OK.  I googled paxum and payoneer.

The third listing on Google is YOUR posting here on this forum:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2036.0;wap2

So....  What's the rest of the story?   What's the catch?   Why aren't you already doing Paxum?   Why isn't MtGox or MyBitcoin already doing Paxum?

Is there some other legal / compliance issue(s) involved?
If not, why aren't we all carrying a Paxum MasterCard in our wallet right now!?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: