Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin opening trade day 1FC = 0.05 LTC and going up  (Read 7353 times)
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:04:12 PM

so let me get this straight a coin that is 4 x as fast (better?) than LTC

and has 4xCoins

is no where near 0.25 of LTC?Huh?

also how many people are active devs for this coin

and what about that massive blockchain you are making???

My theory (considering the 3 million 'almost pre-mined' coins), the lack of developers, the 'BUY NOW' posts showing up everywhere online, the many giveaways etc. Is that this coin was never designed for longevity. It's a pump and dump to relieve less intelligent people of BTC/LTC for something that will crash and burn spectacularly within the next week or two.

I've never seen an alt which gets this popular so quickly crash and burn after a week or two - just sayin. All alts which have a solid foundation of miners increase in value over time - for anyone paying attention - I really don't think FTC will be any different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:08:34 PM

and has 4xCoins

My theory (considering the 3 million 'almost pre-mined' coins), the lack of developers, the 'BUY NOW' posts showing up everywhere online, the many giveaways etc. Is that this coin was never designed for longevity. It's a pump and dump to relieve less intelligent people of BTC/LTC for something that will crash and burn spectacularly within the next week or two.

I've never seen an alt this popular so quickly crash and burn after a week or two - just sayin. All alts that have a slid foundation of miners increase in value over time - for anyone paying attention - I really don't think FTC will be any different.

Feathercoin does not have a 'solid foundation' of anything. It's a brand new altcoin that skyrocketed due to lots of GPU mining kids rather mining 1000 of something then 1 (cause you know, 1000 is a bigger number). I'm pretty sure 90% of Feathercoin owners/miners have NO interest in an actual feathercoin economy and are just mining to sell them for LTC, and buyers are just speculating it will go up. Hell, the Trollbox on BTC-E is basically 90% feathercoin drama and people yelling 'I have 1000 FC, #millionaire Wooohoo'..

I fear for the future of any coin when a carbon copy altcoin can get this much attention and value without providing any benefit over an existing one.

NO ONE is asking for Feathercoin to be accepted as a currency. No one is talking about the developers. No one is interested in the 'ecosystem'. ALL people are screaming is 'we need an exchange' and 'GO Feathercoin, to the sky!!!'.

Pretty bleak outlook..
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:16:11 PM

At least they enabled Ajax again and the site is smooth again.
Don't know how long it will last but now I'll try to buy some FC again.

I'm BlueTooth76 @ Cryptonic.net if you want to message me!

Starting pump @ Cryptonic in 13 minutes!

THIS is what is wrong with 'muppet currencies'.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:16:46 PM

and has 4xCoins

I've never seen an alt this popular so quickly crash and burn after a week or two - just sayin. All alts that have a slid foundation of miners increase in value over time - for anyone paying attention - I really don't think FTC will be any different.

Feathercoin does not have a 'solid foundation' of anything. It's a brand new altcoin that skyrocketed due to lots of GPU mining kids rather mining 1000 of something then 1 (cause you know, 1000 is a bigger number). I'm pretty sure 90% of Feathercoin owners/miners have NO interest in an actual feathercoin economy and are just mining to sell them for LTC, and buyers are just speculating it will go up. Hell, the Trollbox on BTC-E is basically 90% feathercoin drama and people yelling 'I have 1000 FC, #millionaire Wooohoo'..

I fear for the future of any coin when a carbon copy altcoin can get this much attention and value without providing any benefit over an existing one.

NO ONE is asking for Feathercoin to be accepted as a currency. No one is talking about the developers. No one is interested in the 'ecosystem'. ALL people are screaming is 'we need an exchange' and 'GO Feathercoin, to the sky!!!'.

Pretty bleak outlook..

I really don't know why you get so emotional about it. Me, I'm fed up of the idea that no one person can support all cryptocurrencies - which is exactly what I do, because I love the technology and contribute to the ecosystem of as many as possible, whenever I can. Also, you are wrong. Very strong mining community is the foundation of a strong coin - without miners a coin dies (the miners ARE the very network of a coin after all) - and no alt has seen as many miners as FC in its early days - regardless of WHY they are mining it.
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:26:32 PM

and has 4xCoins

Pretty bleak outlook..

I really don't know why you get so emotional about it. Me, I'm fed up of the idea that no one person can support all cryptocurrencies - which is exactly what I do, because I love the technology and contribute to the ecosystem of as many as possible, whenever I can. Also, you are wrong. Very strong mining community is the foundation of a strong coin - without miners a coin dies (the miners ARE the very network of a coin after all) - and no alt has seen as many miners as FC in its early days - regardless of WHY they are mining it.

There is no 'regardless of why they are mining' in my opinion. Until a coin has some form of 'use' it is inherently worthless, and once trading it for something that has value (FC -> LTC -> BTC -> Actual services and goods offered) is not an option all you have is a useless bunch of 1/0s. Feathercoin has no foundation other then hype and the possibility/hope of trading it 'up' for something that you can sell for 'Actual value'. This is a horrible foundation for a new crypto currency and the only thing that will come of it is the start of more and more 'alt crap' coins dressed up, launched as 'the new xxxx' and dumped onto the market for a quick profit.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:28:56 PM

Dude, all crypto started as an experiment without any actual "use" as you put it. Especially Bitcoin. May as well give all your crypto to me right now ... don't worry I'll look after it.
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:32:16 PM

Are you sure? I thought BTC started with Algae and magic? Of course they all 'started as an experiment'. My point is that 'where' something comes from matters to it's future. The fact that feathercoin started with the obvious PLAN to mine a ton, sell it fast and make money matters to it's future.

Shitty analogy time:

If you meet a girl, like her, take her to dinner and end up paying for the dinner and that leads to you getting a second date after which you have sex. You could say 'I payed for sex'. Though I think you would agree that it feels a lot more genuine then just throwing a wad of $10 bills at a hooker. Right?

My point being that Bitcoin was launched with 'the best intentions' in mind. By developers and a community truly engaged in spreading it as an alternative means of payment. Lobbying, working hard, coding and asking people to tell their friends. It eventually after a long time and lots of work because 'worth' something.

Feathercoin was 'born' when someone took existing code, made minimal changes, mined a few million of it and asked a forum to hype it. 2 weeks later and for no tangible reason it's worth money.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Are you sure? I thought BTC started with Algae and magic? Of course they all 'started as an experiment'. My point is that 'where' something comes from matters to it's future. The fact that feathercoin started with the obvious PLAN to mine a ton, sell it fast and make money matters to it's future.

I don't think so - that is the magic of innovation - the internet was designed by DARPA as a computer network to survive a nuclear attack - not for Facebook or disruptive cryptocurrencies or any of the other many phenomena it has spawned. It's all a part of this ongoing experiment there's no point getting upset about it.
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:39:38 PM

I don't think so - that is the magic of innovation - the internet was designed by DARPA as a computer network to survive a nuclear attack - not for Facebook or disruptive cryptocurrencies or any of the other many phenomena it has spawned. It's all a part of this ongoing experiment there's no point getting upset about it.

The only thing that 'upsets' me is that the new 'fly by night' coins that keep popping up are just redressed 'flim flam' coins that does nothing to innovate, solve a new problem or even pretend to have any 'meaning'. They are just 'launched' at a whim and the 'developers' just hope they will become popular. Just a 'dirty' process I think, and it cheapens the early innovative coins by existing.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:43:11 PM

I understand what you're saying: but it looks like there was an unmet demand for a more abundant Litecoin judging by recent events. No one has done it before and personally I think FTC's simplicity of its premise is genuis.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:44:38 PM

The only thing that 'upsets' me is that the new 'fly by night' coins that keep popping up are just redressed 'flim flam' coins that does nothing to innovate, solve a new problem or even pretend to have any 'meaning'. They are just 'launched' at a whim and the 'developers' just hope they will become popular. Just a 'dirty' process I think, and it cheapens the early innovative coins by existing.
True, someone needs to work on  a coin that solves the out of control block chain growth problem which is starting to bite hard now.
Peleus

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

Selling 200 FC @ the Cryptonit rate of 0.05 if anyone wants to avoid using the exchange.
Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:46:40 PM

True, someone needs to work on  a coin that solves the out of control block chain growth problem which is starting to bite hard now.

What exactly is the control block chain growth problem?
a2706r

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

Pretty bleak outlook..

That's why I sold half to get back what I put in.

At the same time though I don't see why an exact copy cannot exceed its original form, it's all the same code and if the idea is sound then "who came first" doesn't really matter.
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:10:53 PM

Pretty bleak outlook..

At the same time though I don't see why an exact copy cannot exceed its original form, it's all the same code and if the idea is sound then "who came first" doesn't really matter.

Well, Feathercoin has just proven (so far) that you can in fact take something existing and just slap a new logo on it and be just fine. I just think that it's a little 'sad' that this happens in place of real innovation. I also dislike the idea that the 'developers' (and I use that loosely) behind Feathercoin so blatantly let a group of 'friends' mine out what right now amounts to something like 40% of the total supply in the first 12 hours, likely as 'payment' for them spreading the gospel and making at current value several hundred thousand $ if not more for their trouble.

I guess i'm just a little disappointed in how things are progressing.
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:29:20 PM

Pretty bleak outlook..

Well, Feathercoin has just proven (so far) that you can in fact take something existing and just slap a new logo on it and be just fine. I just think that it's a little 'sad' that this happens in place of real innovation. I also dislike the idea that the 'developers' (and I use that loosely) behind Feathercoin so blatantly let a group of 'friends' mine out what right now amounts to something like 40% of the total supply in the first 12 hours, likely as 'payment' for them spreading the gospel and making at current value several hundred thousand $ if not more for their trouble.

TheSwede75, you seem a little upset. I'm wondering if you would be happier about Feathercoin if you actually had some. If you send me your address I can send you some Smiley

I cannot imagine that anyone or any group of people have 40% of the coins. The coin was announced at a busy time of the day and people jumped on to this coin very fast, and I'm talking lots of people. The take up was actually much more than expected. I was looking forward to being part of community around this and did not realise we would be so large so quickly.

Come on, for your own sake calm down. It is unnecessary to get this upset.

Peleus

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:29:46 PM

Hmm, I was a bit worried about using Cryptonit given the negative feedback - but I couldn't disagree more. I turned out to be completely easy and painless. Fast in, conversion, and transfer straight back out with no issues.

Will be using it from now on.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:38:56 PM

Pretty bleak outlook..

I know you from btc-e trollbox, I realize this is your style so I'm not going to bite. Smiley I'm not quite sure why you're against the freemarket, I just don't get it. Support what you love, forget the rest.

I'm in the podunk midwest, certainly didn't know anyone personally when it launched. I was in trollbox, someone made a crack about Feathercoin flying or some crap.. I decided to take a peek and now I'm working to push it forward. There's no changing your mind, so ok.. you win. Everything is  scam.. yada yada crash, chicken this.. whatever you guys spout all day long.

Maybe I'm just a 14 year old behind the computer, maybe I'm someone that's very familiar with working with merchant solutions. In the end, we'll figure out who made the best bet. In the meantime, I hope you have a great night and you put that passion toward something you really enjoy! Best of luck trading.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:54:07 PM

What exactly is the control block chain growth problem?

There are many threads on the growth of the block chain:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94267.0

aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:05:49 AM

I really applaud the Feathercoin supporters for being so patient and accepting with someone so arrogantly against it Smiley

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: