Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin opening trade day 1FC = 0.05 LTC and going up  (Read 7353 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:26:59 AM

Peleus, I guess we will agree to disagree.

Opinion plays a large part in most of these arguments, and my opinion is different.

Arguing that FC is equally as innovative as LTC is an insult to Coblee who spent a lot of his valuable time implementing the scrypt algorithm into Litecoin. The fact that FC did not have to do anything at all to implement Scrypt into FC is quite less innovative IMO.

I disagree with your assertation that if SHA-256 fails, then all cryptographic algorithms fail. They are all different, perhaps a vulnerability is found in one that does not exist in the others.

I agree Litecoin is not particularly innovative itself, but that is not why I support it either. It is here to stay and a lot of people support it, so my support is kind of like making lemonade out of lemons. Also, LTC is more useful to me in a lot of ways than "just because it's more popular". That is just your opinion.

Quicker transactions are quicker transactions. Supposedly they are less secure, but after ~8 months of using Litecoin, I have never been wronged or cheated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peleus

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:34:29 AM

Peleus, I guess we will agree to disagree.

Opinion plays a large part in most of these arguments, and my opinion is different.

Arguing that FC is equally as innovative as LTC is an insult to Coblee who spent a lot of his valuable time implementing the scrypt algorithm into Litecoin. The fact that FC did not have to do anything at all to implement Scrypt into FC is quite less innovative IMO.

I disagree with your assertation that if SHA-256 fails, then all cryptographic algorithms fail. They are all different, perhaps a vulnerability is found in one that does not exist in the others.

I agree Litecoin is not particularly innovative itself, but that is not why I support it either. It is here to stay and a lot of people support it, so my support is kind of like making lemonade out of lemons. Also, LTC is more useful to me in a lot of ways than "just because it's more popular". That is just your opinion.

Quicker transactions are quicker transactions. Supposedly they are less secure, but after ~8 months of using Litecoin, I have never been wronged or cheated.

That's cool, I'll leave it at that and we can agree to disagree Smiley I only want to make one slight point ...

Absolutely, in fact any vulnerability in SHA256 is almost guaranteed to not appear in scrypt. I only meant the confidence in cryptocurrencies would be gone.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:40:30 AM

I only meant the confidence in cryptocurrencies would be gone.

Confidence has gone many times for one reason or another, and always come back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: