Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:22:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins rising  (Read 5145 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 11:37:04 PM

I remember a day where BTC was king and all altcoins were lousy. They would all fail soon, and only BTC would survive. The market capitalizations of all altcoins was less than a tenth of BTC's. Times have changed! Today, the market capitalizations of all altcoins is more than 40% of BTC's.

Obviously, there is more and more money going into cryptocurrencies. BTC is still leading by far. BTC also remains the one and only crypto you can actually use to buy things, and it's the easiest to buy with a bank transfer. But it needs to get better quick. Investors now have a wide choice to put their money in, and that shows.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 11:41:20 PM

The total capitalization increased 400-500% in ~2 months. If this isn't a bubble, then I don't know what is. Imagine a crazy scenario where the ETF appeal gets approved in May.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:09:14 AM

The alt coin bubble is going to end badly for people. I just hope that money flows into Bitcoin  Cheesy

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:10:38 AM

The total capitalization increased 400-500% in ~2 months. If this isn't a bubble, then I don't know what is. Imagine a crazy scenario where the ETF appeal gets approved in May.
Bitcoin straight up $2000 at least. Probably a lot more.
That would be good Smiley, next step of bubble.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:18:49 AM

The alt coin bubble is going to end badly for people. I just hope that money flows into Bitcoin  Cheesy
I hope that's the case, too, and historically it seems to be the pattern.  Makes me wonder where all this money is coming from.  Could it be cheap margin money because of rock bottom interest rates?  Hmmm...

Just wait, the shitcoin bubble will soon pop.  There isn't any way in hell prices can stay as high as they are.  It's going to work out favorably for bitcoin holders.  All others are destined for the poorhouse.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:25:26 AM

For now we can see that the money is running away from the bitcoin, but it is obvious that this funds are going back to our number one cryptocurrency.
The reason is very simple, the altcoins are literally rising too fast, we cannot have such a rises without any consequences on the infrastructure, or at least on the other assets related to cryptocurrencies.
In fact, I expect that many of these most known shitcoins are going to get dumped in next 3-4 months, when people will find out that there is no point in investing at a long-term in something uncertain, when bitcoin gives us such a great opportunity- it doest matter that it is expensive, I would call that as a digital gold- you need to pay a lot to get it right?
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

What? You guys live in cave?

Most altcoins - no, almost all altcoins - are technically superior

And BTC is getting lacerated in scaling war, too. Why would a neutral person, who does not know BTC is "the first, the one and only", decide to spend over $1000 on a bitcoin, if a DSH, an LTC, an XMR or an ETH coin is so much cheaper and offers so much faster transactions and functionality?

I love BTC but being a bit more humble and realistic would be good for Core and BU and all of us. Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:47:05 AM

And BTC is getting lacerated in scaling war, too. Why would a neutral person, who does not know BTC is "the first, the one and only", decide to spend over $1000 on a bitcoin, if a DSH, an LTC, an XMR or an ETH coin is so much cheaper and offers so much faster transactions and functionality?

all alts have the luxury of very little use so none of them have a scaling problem and there might be technical problems that are yet to surface. nothing has taken the beating bitcoin has and i wouldn't put any trust into something that hadn't been kicked around for a few years.

yep, there's definitely future potential, but anyone who doesn't think they're in an insane bubble right now needs to step back and remember some history. maybe it'll get bigger but there'll be the correction from hell at some point.

bitcoin's situation is so different to any alt that i don't know why people bother to compare them.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:59:18 AM

That's awesome. As said in one of the quote if we get a crazy scenario of ETF approval then what we gonna experience is simply big and well most of the users who have got few numbers of bitcoin into the wallet turns to be an elite member or a man who became elite just because of bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:22:06 AM

who cares? lets celebrate all together Tongue

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6548

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:35:42 AM

Not really. Define "technically superior". "Faster" block time? Other algos? PoS? Turing-complete script language? More anonymity? Most of these solutions have disadvantages and that's why Bitcoin doesn't embrace them.

The scaling war is surely a factor of relevance. However, most altcoins have almost no real functionality because almost nobody uses them as a currency. Can you send money "fiat-to-fiat" with Dash, LTC or ETH from India to Canada, for example, without high fees?

The bubble is the consequence of the speculation on that some day "$ALTCOIN" could be useful and even rival Bitcoin. Most bubbling coins will fall again. Some may not, they may be really useful and a real competition. We don't know.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:44:11 AM

Can you send money "fiat-to-fiat" with Dash, LTC or ETH from India to Canada, for example, without high fees?

I'm sure people are working on projects this very moment to do that.  Do you really think it will be long?

I think the scaling debate is more than a little relevant.  It's the main reason why bitcoin is losing.
Some people are waking up and have urgency, but sadly not enough.  By the time price makes
the poor fundamentals clear of a non-scaling bitcoin, MAJOR damage will have been done.

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:46:19 AM

Can you send money "fiat-to-fiat" with Dash, LTC or ETH from India to Canada, for example, without high fees?

I'm sure people are working on projects this very moment to do that.  Do you really think it will be long?

I think the scaling debate is more than a little relevant.  It's the main reason why bitcoin is losing.
Some people are waking up and have urgency, but sadly not enough.  By the time price makes
the poor fundamentals clear of a non-scaling bitcoin, MAJOR damage will have been done.

stop this ridiculous no clue discussion. Bitcoin still works great and is very cheap to transfer money. and bitcoin is the only that have a real use in real economy.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:48:40 AM

I think the scaling debate is more than a little relevant.  It's the main reason why bitcoin is losing.

the reason bitcoin is losing is because there's more dollars to be made with alts at this moment in time. the scaling thing is a convenient reason to haul people into fuelling the pumps but that's about it. i think people are more coin agnostic than we like to think if more profit is available.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:50:08 AM

stop this ridiculous no clue discussion. Bitcoin still works great and is very cheap to transfer money. and bitcoin is the only that have a real use in real economy.

How about you stop with this ridiculous stick-your-head-in-the-sand ostrich mentality that Bitcoin doesn't have competition and can't be overtaken.  It's
an arrogant, cavalier, complacent attitude.  

I'm for awareness and vigilance.  Anything else is foolhardy, especially when the data is right in front of our face that Altcoins are rising.

chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:51:36 AM

How about you stop with this ridiculous stick-your-head-in-the-sand ostrich mentality that Bitcoin doesn't have competition and can't be overtaken.  It's
an arrogant, cavalier, complacent attitude.  

I'm for awareness and vigilance.  Anything else is foolhardy, especially when the data is right in front of our face that Altcoins are rising.

yeah whatever... Tongue

aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:06:30 AM

1. There's no real altcoin's capitalization. Vermin holding 90% of desh and eht makes an artificial indication, a bubble, when he tries to fix his profit in real money (bitcoin) all this shit dumps at the speed of light.

2. Notice, As usial, BTU shills cheer for alt (evidence that they are foe to bitcoin) and why all this drama about bigger blocks, they actually don't want bigger blocks, they just want to hinder bitcoin by creating some FUD and fuss.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:23:56 AM

I think the scaling debate is more than a little relevant.  It's the main reason why bitcoin is losing.

the reason bitcoin is losing is because there's more dollars to be made with alts at this moment in time. the scaling thing is a convenient reason to haul people into fuelling the pumps but that's about it. i think people are more coin agnostic than we like to think if more profit is available.
Looking at this I can say that this is accurate with 85% certainty. I browse various investment forums and right now everyone is talking about cryptos, but absolutely none of them talk about Bitcoin, and next to none talk about ETH. It's always about pumping the shitcoins and making money off of bagholders.

The reasoning? You're never going to see a single-day 35%+ pump in Bitcoin, and you'll never have a good quantity of Bitcoin to really make a lot off of a rise like that.

It is entirely based off of profits to be made now. To them, Bitcoin is now a means to an end. And I can't blame them.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3454
Merit: 4425

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:30:06 AM

It will be a bloodbath for sure, get youre popcorn ready my bullish Bitcoin friend, alot of that money will flow into Bitcoin.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 02:34:41 AM

I think the argument there is that a rising tide lifts all boats, so the profits from altcoins may not last, and once they don't, the traders may pour into Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: